Dennis Kucinich reminds us It's All About the Infrastructure, damn it!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Dennis Kucinich reminds us It's All About the Infrastructure, damn it!!

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

As C.J. Cregg said, infrastructure isn't sexy....

But Kucinich is right, plenty of things in our infrastructure that are just waiting to be done....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      As C.J. Cregg said, infrastructure isn't sexy....

But Kucinich is right, plenty of things in our infrastructure that are just waiting to be done....
      Yeah, but we have spent the money on war and bailing out corrupt bankers instead. For what that has cost us, we could have had the best infrastructure in the world.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

....and you have to be smart on what infrastructure you build. Building a bridge to nowhere just to create some jobs is still a bridge to nowhere.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          ....and you have to be smart on what infrastructure you build. Building a bridge to nowhere just to create some jobs is still a bridge to nowhere.
          Which is why Ted Stevens and Sarah Palin no longer have jobs.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Shovel ready projects? And yet nothing's been done. Dennis should explain all those roadside "brought to you by Stimulus Regime" signs at $10,000 apiece.

Fuck the stimulus regime: quit fucking around, quit talking about the future, quit promising spin-off bullshit from bullshit technology funded from bullshit climate-science and bullshit global climate bills nobody but the smallest manufacturers would be subject to. China, India, Germany and Russia are laughing at this bullshit!

Why this Obama regime won't legislate and balance the budget I don't know. They only know how to spend and pay off their banker buddies and screwing the taxpayer over.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by GAR
              Why this Obama regime won't legislate and balance the budget I don't know. They only know how to spend and pay off their banker buddies and screwing the taxpayer over.
              GAR, please, for the sake of everyone here, go back to school and take a civics class again....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Or at least read a fucking book about it, while you spend all goddamn day in the library.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Infrastructure waits for nothing.. try driving out of Ohare - fucking roads everywhere are complete rubble, and they charge you up the yingyang to drive on it!

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                    Infrastructure waits for nothing.. try driving out of Ohare - fucking roads everywhere are complete rubble, and they charge you up the yingyang to drive on it!
                    And there's your problem - toll roads. Or in other words private corporations doing things they have no business doing, such as owning a highway.

And why do such things exist? Because right wing libertarian jackasses don't think infrastructure is important, so they want to privatize the roads, the schools, the utilities, and yes, even the goddamn fire departments (see the recent tragedy in Crossburn County KY)

You mortals are going exactly the opposite way of what you should be doing with that sort of thing.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I agree. I lived in upstate New York and hated the toll roads. I don't mind paying a fuel tax and having the government provide the roads. It's the best way to provide them and those who buy the most fuel use the roads the most so the tax is fair.

If the government provides decent, working infrastructure, the private businesses all benefit from it. One reason India will never be a world economic superpower is they are still using a 100 year of plus railroad system the British put in and their roads are shit. Without modern roads and railroads, you aren't shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Let's look at industries privatization screwed up. The phone system. When Reagan broke up Ma Bell it created a nightmare and the quality of service went to shit. The government at one time provided some good schools. Of course they have donkey fucked it the last 30 years but traveling around the world and seeing not everyone had access to education, I always thought the US public schools were one of the country's great assets. We just let them go to shit but at one time that government system was the envy of the world.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I really wish high-speed rail would finally get going....

I wouldn't mind at all to take a bullet train to Florida, or hell, to the West Coast....

Even the mid-line models run about 160MPH, like the Bullet Train I rode in Tokyo in the '80's....

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah, there's really no reason why China should have trains that go 300 mph before the US does. And yet they do.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

I really wish high-speed rail would finally get going....

I wouldn't mind at all to take a bullet train to Florida, or hell, to the West Coast....
                              Yeah, but think about bureaucracy in the U.S. For one reason or another, some senator would demand that the public has access to the brakes via cord running the length of the train. So that means you and your family get to leave the tracks at 200 M.P.H. because some nitwit with a baseball hat on backwards thought he spied a woodchuck.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...