Dave, Bassplayer and The Round Rocket ink new deals with Warner/Chappell...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Dave, Bassplayer and The Round Rocket ink new deals with Warner/Chappell...

SAMMY HAGAR, DAVID LEE ROTH And MICHAEL ANTHONY Ink New Deals With WARNER/CHAPPELL - Nov. 20, 2010

Warner/Chappell recently inked deals with legendary rockers Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony, all of VAN HALEN fame.

As part of the new agreement, Warner/Chappell acquired the entire catalog of songs written by Sammy Hagar — songwriter guitarist, and former lead singer of VAN HALEN (1986 through 1996) — including his work with the bands VAN HALEN, MONTROSE and CHICKENFOOT, as well as his music as a solo artist.

Additionally, Warner/Chappell extended and expanded its worldwide administration agreements with songwriters David Lee Roth, original lead singer for VAN HALEN (1978 through 1984), and Michael Anthony, bassist for VAN HALEN and CHICKENFOOT. Roth's existing catalog, including his VAN HALEN and solo work, as well as Anthony's work with VAN HALEN and CHICKENFOOT's debut self-titled album, are part of the agreements.

"Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony have not only each co-written hit songs recorded by VAN HALEN on some of the highest-selling albums of all time, but each had success on other solo or band recording projects as well," said Scott Francis, President, Warner/Chappell Music, and Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music U.S. "Their work is classic, timeless and adored around the world. The entire Warner/Chappell staff is excited to be working with such revered musicians who we know will continue to thrill fans for years to come."
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

That's interesting, what company had Chickenleg too begin with ?? The old album's make sense but did another label really sell the rights to a new gold record band ??

Comment

• vaijuju
      Sniper
      • Jan 2008

Chappell/Warner wants make some ca$$$h
      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Hmm, anyone smelling a connection. Just connecting some dots here, but VH just resigned with Warner now Bassplayer is on board with them.
        THe Red Hot Butt Peppers are gearing up for a new album, Satch just released a new one... Bassplayer needs a job. VH?

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

This is astoundingly confusing, as it's now the second press release from WARNER/CHAPPELL that will leave fans scratching their heads. If the Van Halen brothers signed an agreement a few months ago, how can Warners write another one covering Dave Roth, Sammy Hagar & Mike Anthony? Was there blank space on the contracts, and the three just signed their names?
          Last edited by chefcraig; 11-20-2010, 01:50 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Clearly this is a back catalog issue. It would probably cut the legal hassles that Warner Brothers records would have to go through to release a Box Set or any Van HALEN videos, having all the publishing rights "in house". They would have no other reason to sign any sort of deal with Michael Anthony, who doesn't actually WRITE songs, but is listed as a co writer on most of the Van Halen/Van Hagar catalogs. I don't see Gary Cherone's name here, so I'll assume the VDIII era isn't part of any future marketing plans. This does add a bit of credibility to the rumors of Van Hagar remasters, unfortunately. Or worse yet, a Van Halen box set polluted by Cheddar.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Warner/Chappell administers publishing rights. in the grand scheme of things, this means nothing to consumers.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                This does add a bit of credibility to the rumors of Van Hagar remasters, unfortunately. Or worse yet, a Van Halen box set polluted by Cheddar.
                Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well... oh please no!!!! The thought of releasing anything with spam is just fucking retarded!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Bassplayer needs a job. VH?
                  The Van Halen's would love that.Just think of how little they would have to pay him
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                    The Van Halen's would love that.Just think of how little they would have to pay him

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's probably for pubishing "easy" piano song books for fat midwestern housewives to learn to play Dreams and Just Like paradise while moistening their parlor piano stools.
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Or worse yet, a Van Halen box set polluted by Cheddar.

A Van Hagar box-set is perfectly fine with me. Just keep it separate from the Van HALEN box-set. Two completely different eras with different vibes = two totally separate box-sets. There is enough material from both to each have their own box-set & make Ed lots of money.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          A Van Hagar box-set is perfectly fine with me. Just keep it separate from the Van HALEN box-set. Two completely different eras with different vibes = two totally separate box-sets. There is enough material from both to each have their own box-set & make Ed lots of money.
                          Splendid idea! The Roth era set could contain cleaned up demos, amazing live recordings from the time before the band was signed, alternate takes of the familiar six-pack tunes, some of Ed's material from the Wild Life, a live DVD containing footage from Oakland 81 and other pro-shot gigs, bumper stickers and iron on patches or decals for clothing, a huge-assed poster and an amusing book filled with anecdotes and cool photos from the band's golden age.

Then the Hagar era set could have..."Crossing Over", a couple of tracks from a Valerie Bertinelli movie of the week...and, ummm...
                          Last edited by chefcraig; 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I've been preaching the "separate box sets" gospel for years now. I do not plan to give one fucking dime to Sammy Hagar ever again, and I would really resent anybody forcing me to do so, in order to get some rare/unreleased Van HALEN.

I'm thinking a "Beatles Anthology" type of approach actually. Volume 1 could be all the old demos from the Cherokee Studios demo in 73/74 with Mark Stone on bass, the Simmons "Zero" demos, up to the WB Demos from 1977. And the best of the live stuff from the club days.

Volume II would be outtakes/alternates/etc. from the "Six Pack" era 78-84. And maybe stuff like "the Wild Life" soundtrack. Definitely anything from the early "5150 sessions" with Dave singing. And maybe include "Me Wise Magic" & "Can't Get This Stuff No More", since BOV1 is probably out of print for good.

Volume III could be the Van Hagar shit. And we can all laugh our asses off at the sales numbers compared to that of the first two volumes.

As for Van HALEN live shows, I think it's time to take a "Grateful Dead/Pearl Jam/Phish" approach there and start releasing one live album a year or so on CD, along with DVD's when possible. My choice for the first release would be the Pasadena Civic Center show from 77 which VH played soon after signing with WB, so the label may already own the masters to this recording. It's certainly one of the better quality boots, and God knows how many generations deep that tape was before a bootlegger first put it on CD.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

It would be nice to have a Dave DVD with all of his solo videos.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

Working...