Bonjour from Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour from Paris

Nope, not French, but an ex-pat from Philly (USA), been here a long time and hating every day of it.
    Grew up on VH, and their music was the soundtrack to many a smoke-filled party or when the lights would go down.
    Great site, looking forward to adding posts when I can.
    There will never be another like Dave, today's music is so depressing to say the least.

When you get something like MTV, it's like regular television. You get it, and at first it's novel and brand new and then you watch every channel, every show. And then you become a little more selective and more selective, until ultimately... you wind up with a radio.
    David Lee Roth

Welcome , bienvenue
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Davefanparis View Post
      Nope, not French, but an ex-pat from Philly (USA), been here a long time and hating every day of it.
      Grew up on VH, and their music was the soundtrack to many a smoke-filled party or when the lights would go down.
      Great site, looking forward to adding posts when I can.
      There will never be another like Dave, today's music is so depressing to say the least.

When you get something like MTV, it's like regular television. You get it, and at first it's novel and brand new and then you watch every channel, every show. And then you become a little more selective and more selective, until ultimately... you wind up with a radio.
      David Lee Roth

Formidable'!

Whenever the critics come my way....I think of this:

Ice Cream Man October 12, 1982. Van Halen LIVE! at the Capital Centre Largo, Maryland

at 2:52. Ex-pat. You keep your head up ok? And make us yanks proud. At 7:43 he starts.
      Last edited by SunisinuS; 11-22-2010, 02:22 AM. Reason: Because they gave us the statue of liberty.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Merci beaucoup les gars! Thanks a lot guys!

France is cool, especially Paris, but after 15 years, a cold beer in an American bar wouldn't be refused. Miss the States and all those "beautiful girls"!
        Ok, enough of this, time for a little VH up to 11, LONG LIVE THE USA AND AMERICAN ROCK-N-ROLL!

Comment

Welcome DFP

~deej~
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Thanks Deej!

Comment

Originally posted by SunisinuS View Post
              Formidable'!

Whenever the critics come my way....I think of this:

Ice Cream Man October 12, 1982. Van Halen LIVE! at the Capital Centre Largo, Maryland

at 2:52. Ex-pat. You keep your head up ok? And make us yanks proud. At 7:43 he starts.
              Great example SunisinuS! You hit the nail on the head. You don't see entertainment like that anymore. "Can't get that good stuff no more!"

Welcome Davefanparis from another newbie.
              Marx1000

Comment

Thanks Marx1000, this site seems like that corner bar in America that I used to know...full of VH fans!
                ROCK ON!

Comment

Working...
                X