PDA

View Full Version : Can I bitch about nascar?

Unchainme
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I know, I didn't watch today's race, for one of two reasons

1. Somehow I KNEW Johnson was going to come away with the title.

2. It's fucking november, and football is on.

I really wish there could be changes done, the chase is a terrible idea, how Miami Homestead is weighted more than fucking Daytona is preposterous.

Here's my proposal

-Start the season as soon as College Football post season is over, start it on friday or saturday nights when there is nothing else on, trust me, as a college kid living in northeast ohio around that time of year it's nice to have something to watch on television during that time. Have some races in Vegas, California, Miami, etc. Races that traditionally are not all that exciting during the season would certainly feel better as an appetizer to Daytona. BTW, this is solely stolen from Darrell Waltrip's proposal.

-Place a heavier emphasis on Daytona (day/night races), Indy, Talladega, Charlotte and anything else with prestige. Return to the old system, HOWEVER, have races like the aforementioned worth even more than the others, with Daytona being worth the most.

-Quit abandoning your southern heritage. EMBRACE IT.

Dan
11-21-2010, 06:12 PM
V8 Super-Cars Are Better.:D

chefcraig
11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
If you want to see something cool, turn on SPEED Channel right now. Australian V8 Supercars in Tasmania. It's a bunch of hopped up BMWs on a road course, in the rain. Nothing short of spectacular!

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dan. These things rock!

Unchainme
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
If you want to see something cool, turn on SPEED Channel right now. Australian V8 Supercars in Tasmania. It's a bunch of hopped up BMWs on a road course, in the rain. Nothing short of spectacular!

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dan. These things rock!

I shall have to.

I used to back in the day dig "World of outlaws". another underrated awesome racing league.

chefcraig
11-21-2010, 06:23 PM
It's really outstanding. For a minute there, you had a Jack Daniels car duking it out with a Jim Beam car!

I'm gonna sign off and watch the rest, this is great!

Dan
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
FORD Vs HOLDEN.:D

Dan
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uII6PsJ7ELE

Have Alook At This.:D

Nitro Express
11-22-2010, 02:31 AM
How about some neck and neck school bus racing?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fh7fQz4xzW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fh7fQz4xzW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SilvioDante
11-22-2010, 06:38 AM
While not a NASCAR fan in the least bit, I do live in the south (insert joke here) and NASCAR has lost its way big time. They followed the all mighty dollar and are losing their core audience. They took races away from traditional tracks like in Nashville and put them in California and Chicago. This stupid "Chase" thing. Trying to limit bumping. Restricter plates are flat out communism!!

Alot of traditional fans I talk to are almost fed up with it.

BITEYOASS
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah, wait until football season is over. Plus have the races up in the north start until either march madness or hockey season ends. Oh yeah, and how about more short-track races, along with not making every fuckin track an oval.

78/84 guy
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Nascar was really great for a couple years for race car fans from about 96 -05 but they got full of themselves. The 5 car teams have to go !! And the fake cars. But them in Chargers Mustangs and Challengers and lets see what happens !!