PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bieber is such a douche

Unchainme
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Justin Bieber had a perfect debut at the American Music Awards, winning all four awards he was nominated for: entertainer of the year, breakthrough artist of the year, favorite pop/rock male and favorite pop/rock album for “My World 2.0.”
“This means the world to me,” said Bieber after winning breakthrough artist. “I come from the smallest town in the world, of like 30,000 people; I never thought this was possible.”

http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/11/justin-bieber-is-the-artist-of-the-year/

Um, first off, 30k is not a small town. The town I grew up in was about 3k. So to act like it's the epitome of "Nowheresville" is bullshit. In fact, as pointed out, there's two starbucks, a hampton inn and a target in his "Small town". Shit, I've been in towns that are lucky to have a post office around where I'm from.

2nd off, he really comes off as a douche here.

No, Justin, it wasn't anything to do with you coming from a small town that made you successful. IIt was because you looked like a wussy ultra sensitive guy, who teenage/tween girls and Joe Thunder seem to lap up. You really don't have any other skills to speak of, other than that. It's not some major accomplishment that you win an award for "looking good".

It's again a damn shame now in the music industry. Complete and utter talentless hacks are elevated to this height, people who don't spend time pouring over lyrics or learning to perfect their craft are pushed aside because they can be sold to the lowest common denominator.

You want to really be impressed by someone who came from nowhere and became a legit musician? go look at John Cougar Mellancamp. Dude failed at being a glam rock singer, came back to his hometown of Seymour, Indiana and built himself back up singing about small town USA, worked his ass off singing in little bars all over southern indiana (my dad saw him during this phase), and produced great, memorable songs and is regarded as a mainstay on classic rock radio.

Want another one that is not related to rock and roll? I'll give you Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony. Again, "Cleveland" itself is not exactly a small town, but at the very least they worked hard and perfected their craft in Northeast Ohio, didn't rely on selling themselves as an image, and were able to make it during a time when Hip-Hop was dominated in one of two places, New York and LA.

really cannot wait until this guys fifteen minutes are over, and judging by how quickly "the jonas brothers" have disapeared off the face of the earth, his time is just about to come to a close

fifth element
11-22-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/11/justin-bieber-is-the-artist-of-the-year/

really cannot wait until this guys fifteen minutes are over, and judging by how quickly "the jonas brothers" have disapeared off the face of the earth, his time is just about to come to a close

unfortunately, for most these days that "15 mins of fame" gets extended because of all the "extras"
Dolls, from Hannah montana to the (gag) Jonas Brothers to Justin Beiber,
along w/ sheets, blankets, games, pillows, jewelry , purses, backpacks and any other amount of nonesense
is being sold to make our children think that these "talentless hacks" are really "God's gift " to man...

it's pathetic