PDA

View Full Version : Armored Saint - A TRUE METAL BAND

Hardrock69
11-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Found a bootleg DVD of the MTV Headbanger's Ball "Hell On Wheels Tour" from fall of 1987 - Helloween, Armored Saint and Grim Reaper.

I saw that tour, and less than a year later I saw another tour with Anthrax as the headliner, but Armored Saint was opening on that one as well.

Fucking Armored Saint RULES!

While you had poseur bands like "Posin" and "Mutley Spue", Armored Saint was the real deal.

Fucking great riffs, heavy metal thunder provided by Gonzo on drums, great vox by John Bush.

After remastering the video and audio (I do this periodically when finding video on the net....usually due to color being off on the video, or some flaw/distortion in the audio), I have watched the AS set 5 times. Have it on right now as I type this. CAN U DELIVER? Sure as fuck they can!

So that led me to post here. They are worth having in your collection if you are into kickass hard rock/metal at all.

Stopped at a used book store on the way home from work this afternoon that also sells used DVDs and CDs. Found a Metalblade Records re-release of the March Of The Saint CD from 1995 in mint condition for 6 bucks.

Can't say enough good about those guys.

Someday soon I am going to go on a buying spree of their CDs. Been meaning to pick up their latest disc "La Raza" for quite awhile. Will probably order it off the net sometime soon.

Armored Saint KICKS ASS!

sonrisa salvaje
11-26-2010, 11:04 AM
If anyone thinks Armored Saint doesn't kick ass, just pick up the new cd. Nuff said!

Dave's Bitch
11-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Reign of Fire,Love it

ace diamond
11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
it's a motherfucking madhouse!!!
march of the saint i still have on vinyl.
armored fucking saint rules!!
i like manowar too.
they kick ass!

binnie
12-10-2010, 05:04 PM
John Bush is one of the most underated singers.

Their last record is well worth a spin.

ace diamond
12-10-2010, 07:26 PM

i'll look into it.

Mr. Vengeance
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I give their old albums a spin regularly.

1000000000000 x better than 99% of the shit coming out today.

Mr. Vengeance
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM

His work with Anthrax is EPIC!

Diamondjimi
12-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Saw Armored Saint open for Metallica and WASP back in 'early '85 @ The Concert Hall in Toronto. They kicked some serious ass, as did the other 2 bands. The venue held 1,000 people, tops.

Great fuckin Metal band!

Hardrock69
12-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Finally got around to listening to the CD "March Of The Saint" again. Fucking great metal record by a great band.

Dave's Bitch
12-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Finally got around to listening to the CD "March Of The Saint" again. Fucking great metal record by a great band.

second that,easy one of my top metal albums.as about everyone else here has said, they are really underrated (and shit all over metallica)