PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Stafford the "DAVID LEE ROTH" of the Detroit Lions...

Matt White
11-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Just caught a bit of the LIONS pre-game on the local FOX2....

Jennifer Hammond...and local reporter...you'll see her on the sidelines today...

said aboot Stafford playing today...not a word-for-word qoute...I half caught it...that Stafford was like "the DAVID LEE ROTH" of the LIONS and havinf anyone else out there is like Sammy Hagar..."

I LOVE DETROIT

I'll keep my eyes on the FOX2 website...if any video of her saying that comes up....

CLASSIC

MOTOWN KNOWS DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN....and the LIONS are still the LIONS

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
the rock : "the lions record is not indicative of their play this year"

repeat, repeat. that was a longer movie plug than the late shows have.. :baaa:

POJO_Risin
11-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Does anyone actually think Stafford is ever going to remain healthy?

He's good...but wow...

Mr Walker
11-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Does anyone actually think Stafford is ever going to remain healthy?

He's good...but wow...

I hope so.
Stafford earned my respect when I caught that miked-up film of him from last season when he fucked up his shoulder came to the sidelines to have it checked out then realized the other team called time out so he could go back in and just kinda ran away from the sideline, went in and threw a TD pass to Brandon Pettigrew, while the coaches were all looking for him going 'Where's Stafford?'... 'He put himself back in!'.
That being said... he needs to find a way to stay healthy... it would be a real shame if he never gets a chance to live up to his potential.

TFM_Dale
11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Call me a homer but I love the kid. Would love to see him put the injuries behind him next season.

chefcraig
11-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Call me a homer but I love the kid. Would love to see him put the injuries behind him next season.

So would I, but the reality of the situation with regard to sports athletes is that once something breaks down, it starts a pattern of repetition. Look at Chad Pennington. The fact is as we grow older, we all have difficulty coming back from injury. You could also throw in the mind game fears of re-injuring yourself, which one way or another is likely to hamper your way of playing, particularly with regard to risk taking. For some of these guys, that element of risk taking was precisely what made them great in the first place.

Mr Walker
11-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I think Stafford needs to play smarter... it's almost like he's out to prove how tough he is with no respect for his body or his position as a franchise QB.
Hill is a great back-up, one who can come in and win a game or two for you... but without Stafford... well just look at their record.
They need a big downhill runner to compliment Best.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Call me a homer

HOMER! :tongue0011: