X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

? Beef Jerky

I have a love of beef jerky but the problem is I can't find any locally that's worth a fuck. Wal-Mart use to have these big tubs you could buy for $25 and it was pretty good. Guess what. They took it off the damn shelves.

You shop online and you can find all kinds but how do you if it's good? FYI Jack Links is not good.

I use to buy Cedar Creek but they changed it and now it sucks.

Can anyone tell me where to buy some good beef jerky?

Really I am not joking!
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

this guy used to come into our bar for awhile, looks like he mighta moved.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

oops

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

How serious are you about this? Because (believe it or not) you can make it at home yourself out of cheap ass flank steak, and the results are surprisingly good. It's inexpensive to make, plus you can flavor it to you own taste. If you are interested, let me know and I'll write/type out the recipe.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER

Fucker!

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
            How serious are you about this? Because (believe it or not) you can make it at home yourself out of cheap ass flank steak, and the results are surprisingly good. It's inexpensive to make, plus you can flavor it to you own taste. If you are interested, let me know and I'll write/type out the recipe.
            I have tried making it before with little success. I have tried it in the oven, in a dehydrater even smoking it. It's just never that good.

I guess i'll order some of this and give it a try.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

it was actually pretty good stuff, once in a while it was too dry.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I practically live on the stuff these days. I like Jack Links better than some other varieties I've tried - particularly their A-1 flavored version. I'd be interested in trying to make it at home...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  I have tried making it before with little success. I have tried it in the oven, in a dehydrater even smoking it. It's just never that good.

I guess i'll order some of this and give it a try.

http://shop.jerkyusa.com/Hot-Beef-jerky_c6.htm
                  The thing is, you do not need an oven. All you need is one of those box fans you find at a drug store for around 15 bucks. Essentially, you cut up the flank steak and marinate it in some seasonings of your choice for a few hours (or overnight) in your fridge. You lie the fan down between two chairs, then strap an a/c filter over it. When that is set, you place the strips on the filter and turn on the fan, running it for around 10-12 hours.

It's that easy, and you don't need one of those damned dehydrator gadgets to do it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

i love our damn dehydrator gadget :tongue0011:

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      The thing is, you do not need an oven. All you need is one of those box fans you find at a drug store for around 15 bucks. Essentially, you cut up the flank steak and marinate it in some seasonings of your choice for a few hours (or overnight) in your fridge. You lie the fan down between two chairs, then strap an a/c filter over it. When that is set, you place the strips on the filter and turn on the fan, running it for around 10-12 hours.

It's that easy, and you don't need one of those damned dehydrator gadgets to do it.
                      Just let it run in the house?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                        I practically live on the stuff these days. I like Jack Links better than some other varieties I've tried - particularly their A-1 flavored version. I'd be interested in trying to make it at home...
                        Blah! Order some from that link and try it bro. It will blow that mass produced stuff away. Jack Links, Oberto all that stuff gives me the shits!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Just let it run in the house?
                          Or on the back porch, as long as it's enclosed. You don't want the neighbor's dogs recreating the dinner scene in A Christmas Story, ya know?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

This site has detailed reviews of jerky. Cool.

The world's most comprehensive listings of beef jerky reviews. Over 800 beef jerky reviews listed here.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Blah! Order some from that link and try it bro. It will blow that mass produced stuff away. Jack Links, Oberto all that stuff gives me the shits!
                              nothin' to do with the 30 pack of milwaukee's best every night

Comment

Working...