PDA

View Full Version : SAMMY HAGAR Says His Autobiography Is 'Basically Done'

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I am really shocked no one has posted this.:biggrin:

Or maybe they have in which case I am sure I will hear about it.

Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar is putting the finishing touches on his autobiography, tentatively titled "Red", for a 2011 release via It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

"The book's basically done, but the editors want me to go deeper in a couple of areas," Hagar tells the Marin Independent Journal. "They said, 'There were problems in VAN HALEN? Well, what kind of problems?' The way I've written this book is that I'm just telling the stories, from childhood until now. It's humorous in places, there are sad things, inspirational things."

According to Sammy, his book won't pull any punches.

"It's sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll, tequila and success and cars and money and fame and fortune," he said. "I've gone over the top. It really is crazy. I was shocked when I read my own book. It floored me. I said, 'Wow, what a guy.' I've had the most complete friggin' life on the planet. I can imagine people thinking this guy couldn't have done all that in one lifetime. But I've been a busy boy."

Hagar, the multi-platinum Red Rocker, is best known as the bombastic frontman of VAN HALEN, one of the biggest-selling rock groups in history, and the lead singer of the hard rock group CHICKENFOOT.

The book was acquired by Lisa Sharkey, Senior Vice President and Director of Creative Development for HarperCollins from Frank Weimann, President of The Literary Group International. Senior Editor Matt Harper will edit the book.

Hagar will provide readers with incredible behind-the-scenes stories from his multi-platinum career, including his rise as a solo artist and his eleven years with VAN HALEN, after the controversial departure of original lead vocalist David Lee Roth. During Hagar's time with VAN HALEN, the band released four consecutive No. 1 albums. From worldwide stadium concerts tours to private jets, Hagar enjoyed the trappings of fame and success with VAN HALEN until he was, as he puts it, "unceremoniously fired." Hagar later thrived as a solo act, leading his band, the CABO WABOS, before returning triumphantly to VAN HALEN for an historic reunion tour after which he set off on his own once again.

Honest and compelling, Hagar's account spares no one, least of all himself. Hagar's autobiography reveals the inside story of one of rock music's most recognizable voices, from his humble beginnings in the town of Fontana, California, to his incredible business success with Cabo Wabo Tequila and the Cabo Wabo Cantinas. The book is being co-authored by Joel Selvin, longtime pop music writer for the San Francisco Chronicle.

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Sometimes after I push that submit thread button, I wonder what I have done.

Guitar Shark
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar

:umm:

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
:umm:

I thought it would open the door for all kinds of funny shit. I just couldn't think of any.

SunisinuS
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I said, 'Wow, what a guy.'

:umm: :barf:

indeedido
11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I was shocked when I read my own book. It floored me.

That's probably what Hagar said to the ghost writer.

Probably also said, "throw yourself in there somewhere too doing some blow off of a supermodel."

PETE'S BROTHER
11-30-2010, 05:52 PM
to his incredible business success with Cabo Wabo Tequila and the Cabo Wabo Cantinas.

aren't they closing before they open?

PETE'S BROTHER
11-30-2010, 05:56 PM
aren't they closing before they open?

ok, shortly after...Sammy Hagar fans packed into Cabo Wabo Friday for what could be the last time. "I'm going in to get some tequila before they run out," said Ervin Price. Price says he's disappointed and surprised Cabo Wabo is closing after only a few months in business. This week Hagar announced he was giving restaurant owner Milt Barbis until the first of the year to take his Cabo Wabo name off the Fresno restaurant. Barbis tells KMPH News he plans to unveil the new name next week and begin the remodeling process.

78/84 guy
11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
That's probably what Hagar said to the ghost writer.

Probably also said, "throw yourself in there somewhere too doing some blow off of a supermodel."

At least he read it !!! Unlike Ozzy.

chefcraig
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
To this news, the only possible response I could think of comes from hambon4lif, via a thread on Vince Neil's attempt at an autobiography, found HERE (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?60293-Vince-Neil-Book-and-thoughts-on-Sharon). Well done, sir! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-023.gif

What makes people who've never read a book think that they can write one? Especially when they're only 2 I.Q. points from having to be watered..

If I get ahold of a copy, I'll drill a hole in it and throw it in the backyard to let my dog fuck it.

What a complete waste of some perfectly good trees....

Fuck this moron!!

FORD
11-30-2010, 06:34 PM
You think this is the same book he was writing back in 1997/98 which had the inside story of the Danniels debacle?

I still have those leaked chapters backed up on a floppy disc somewhere.

Seshmeister
11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I believed some of that because he didn't always paint himself well but the guy is a proven bullshitter. When it comes out people will start quoting parts of it like it is some sort of gospel although he's spent his whole life talking shit.

Seshmeister
11-30-2010, 06:41 PM
At least he read it !!! Unlike Ozzy.

Ozzy used a ghost reader.

chefcraig
11-30-2010, 06:42 PM
You think this is the same book he was writing back in 1997/98 which had the inside story of the Danniels debacle?

I still have those leaked chapters backed up on a floppy disc somewhere.

I dunno, because according to the article he had to be pressed by the publisher for more VH info, where that original book he wrote was pretty much a detailed, blow by blow account of what went on. I dug that out and reposted it all at another site a couple of years ago, but I'll be damned if I'd do it again now. Granted, at the time it was leaked it provided an interesting insight into what took place toward the end of Van Hagar, yet now I wonder just how much of it was completely honest. Over the years, I've come to suspect that Hagar was not exactly the saint that he and his co-author painted him to be. The fact that the book never saw the light of day and that same co-author wound up in a lawsuit with Hagar over things only adds to this suspicion.

78/84 guy
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I dunno, because according to the article he had to be pressed by the publisher for more VH info, where that original book he wrote was pretty much a detailed, blow by blow account of what went on. I dug that out and reposted it all at another site a couple of years ago, but I'll be damned if I'd do it again now. Granted, at the time it was leaked it provided an interesting insight into what took place toward the end of Van Hagar, yet now I wonder just how much of it was completely honest. Over the years, I've come to suspect that Hagar was not exactly the saint that he and his co-author painted him to be. The fact that the book never saw the light of day and that same co-author wound up in a lawsuit with Hagar over things only adds to this suspicion.

That book never came out because he needed a big payday that came in 2004 !! He might be a bullshiter but he isn't stupid !! Ed would have never had him back. The big Cabo payday changed his mind about putting his version in print I bet.

ThrillsNSpills
11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
The book was acquired by Sharkey !??

someone's got some 'splainin to do. :)

ThrillsNSpills
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
. The big Cabo payday changed his mind about putting his version in print I bet.

That, or Danniels had a good lawyer.

lesfunk
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
They still have to mention Dave, didn't they? . I LOVE IT!

twonabomber
12-01-2010, 02:54 AM
a 2011 release via (Sh)It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

...before returning triumphantly to VAN HALEN for an historic reunion tour which played mostly empty venues...

fixed a couple things there.