Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2010

DVDs Trading Page

My DVDs Trading Page

• Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Fuck off.

You only post 2wice, once fucking LAST JANUARY and once again today, for the sole purpose of spamming this board.

Don't get me wrong, I am in favor of DVD trading, but I hate fucking spammers who contribute nothing to the Mighty Roth Army Forums!

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

most traders have no interest in talking about music with non-traders. because they just want to build up their collections and show off their boots and knowledge(they even answer the question before someone asks)
      I fucking hate to see them saying "I have everything" "Look at my list!" "I have a lot of rare stuff you don't have"!

fuck them.

fletch and Lou were the biggest two traders and they actually used to behave like kings. but they never realized it was a very small world. they were just geeks in real life.
      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

There have been a very few times when I have searched out specific shows on the net, only to find zero download links, and have had to initiate trades with strangers. So far every time it has worked out well.
        I have a main connection who is also a major taper (he has probably taped 200 + shows a year for the past 20 years) who can pretty much get me anything I can't find for myself. And then there are forums and blogs devoted to boots, where stuff is uploaded by people to share with the world.
        I just have a thing against spammers that's all.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

I'm a trader, but definitely not a snail mail trader. Only one bootleg have I ever gotten in the mail... it was from some dude in SC I think. I definitely am not a dick about all of this stuff either, I have my big list, and i'm happy with that. Anything I can add, I do, and I gladly share with others what I have
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

if you are building up your collection by downloading, you are not a trader. you are just a downloader eh?

trading by the mail is fun. even if it takes much more time and money than downloading. ..actually I even enjoy waiting.

put your list somewhere on the internet with your e-mail address.
            then one day you will receive an offer mail from a stranger suddenly.
            and when you check his(her) list out, you will find some great boots or your new fave band that you've never heard.
            and when you finish that trade, you will be making a new friend. it's the real pleasure of trading.

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Yup. I have discovered some cool treasures that way. The most recent was the discovery that audio recordings exist of a Frank Zappa concert I went to in 1980. Frank is cool, but I am not a fanatic about his stuff. But it was probably the only time he ever played Wichita, KS. Steve Vai was not yet in the band. No way was I going to miss such a legendary performer.

So then the search was on. Found a guy in Brooklyn who had it. Turned out there were TWO audio recordings of that show. I traded him a 2-disc Motorhead boot and a 2-disc Heaven & Hell boot from the 2009 tour. Worked out great! Both Zappa recordings were of great quality, and I got to relive some memories.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Relax !!! There are about 10 dvd concert sites on the net !! All you have to do is google rare concert dvds. All the VH and Zeppelin your heart desires !!!! 1000's of bands. There is nothing rare about them. Google record show in your town and someone is always selling boot dvd's and CD'S. One a month in Minnesota. Fuck any band except Zeppelin can be found on EBay !!

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

why are you yelling? relax, man.

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

He must have just discovered this, and is excited about it and is letting us in on his discovery.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cato
                      why are you yelling? relax, man.
                      Um... your'e the one whining about people saying LOOK WHAT I HAVE !!! If you want to pay for something it's out there. Try Rockin dvd.com.

Comment

• Cato
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think you're missing the point...

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                          Um... your'e the one whining about people saying LOOK WHAT I HAVE !!! If you want to pay for something it's out there. Try Rockin dvd.com.
                          If you don't want to pay for something, it's out there too.

I am not interested in trading for or downloading official releases. I only deal with bootleg concert performances or rare documentaries that would never be seen by the public otherwise. And at most, they only cost me a couple of dollars postage and a couple of blank DVDs if I trade by mail, or the cost of a blank DVD if I download and burn.

I don't approve of people selling stuff that can be gotten for free. It is a question of taking advantage of people. Like idiots who sell booklets on obtaining government grants, when the info is available for free on the net for anyone to have.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cato
                            I think you're missing the point...
                            No i'm not missing the point !! You said fuck off to people that want to show off there RARE bootleg collection. All I said is there is nothing RARE about a bootleg if you take the time to look for them. That tells me your'e telling a guy too fuck off for no reason !!! Don't buy them if you want too trade them instead !! Good for you, I buy them because I like the artwork that come's with them. If yor'e pissed at the guy because he only post's for his website more power to you !!! Who gives a fuck. Maybe someone will get something from him GOD FORBID !!!

Comment

• Cato
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              No i'm not missing the point !! You said fuck off to people that want to show off there RARE bootleg collection. All I said is there is nothing RARE about a bootleg if you take the time to look for them. That tells me your'e telling a guy too fuck off for no reason !!! Don't buy them if you want too trade them instead !! Good for you, I buy them because I like the artwork that come's with them. If yor'e pissed at the guy because he only post's for his website more power to you !!! Who gives a fuck. Maybe someone will get something from him GOD FORBID !!!
                              yelling again huh?
                              you better not use the exclamation mark so much because it makes you look like a retard ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I will post the rest of my response to you later. wait for a while.
                              I have to go to some pawnshops and guitar shops from now on.

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...