X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

A msg to ed that he will hear?

If the fans could all be informed and work together we could start a class action cash flow cut off until a NEW album is RELEASED. Hit Ed in the pocket book with A LOT LESS OR NO incoming revenue on the books. If every VH fan did this Ed WOULD get the msg. It could even achieve national media/radio attention if done and had support in numbers. ....We the fans would have a say that could be herd. Its time to be proactive and show Ed he is not gonna get another dime until he puts out a record.

Just a few simple things to get the ball rolling could do it ... DO NOT buy any EVH products or ANYTHING VH for that matter. What better way to spread the word then on the web ..FACEBOOK pages on the subject, it could achieve millions of hits/likes. Nothing like this has been done. ...........There would have to be more thought and detail put into this of course but here are the blue prints.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

where is the link to the FB page you're buildin'?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

It won't work. Even if everyone did it just as you plan. The thing with Ed is you don't threaten or poke at him. That just prompts him to poke back harder & cut you off forever. If your plan went in to action, Ed would just say fuck you to everyone and never be seen from again. Hell, he's barely seen now and he's received 99.9% love & patience from the fans.

The only ones that can make Ed do anything are Ed, & apparently his son. So if you really wanna get something going, you should aim something to Wolf to get him to light the fire under his Dads ass.

But I like your idea. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm just trying to point out some truths so you don't get your hopes too high.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

double post
        Last edited by chefcraig; 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Only problem with this is it assumes someone actually buys that shit.

I doubt this is some kind of multi-million dollar bussiness.

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Not that he's the wealthiest musician in the world that's for sure he's done barely nothing for the last 14+ years. But, boycotting Van Halen albums and his products is not going to send him to the poor house nor is it going to accomplish anything.
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Ha, he did get the message. The interviews he has given where he complained about the three new songs on BOBW that nobody gave a shit about upset him. Played them live and people just stood there he said. That is a big reason, plus the piss poor sales of VH III, why we have not seen a new VH album in a decade. Oh yeah, he got the message and he is scared shitless. That is probably why he is selling the EVH gear. Too bad he is twenty years too late on that.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

lol, you "we CAN make them notice us!!" turds make me laff.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Nothing like this has been done. ...........
                  there's a reason for that

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    lol, you "we CAN make them notice us!!" turds make me laff.
                    It is funny. I don't know why on Earth people seem to believe there is some sort of contract in place between an artist and a fan, simply because the fan decides to buy the artist's album or see a show. Somewhere along the line, some seriously delusional fans believe that because the artist has profited from the fan's money, the artist in some manner now owes the fan something more. This is utter bullshit, because what is taking place is nothing more than capitalistic commerce. If you buy a lawnmower or a washing machine from Sears, once the warranty expires (which is covered in the cost of purchase), that's it. Sure, you can naively expect the damned thing to last for a while, but after it falls apart, what does Sears owe you? The answer is nothing. And if Sears decides to stop making lawnmowers or washing machines, you have a choice: stomp your feet and make a bunch of noise about the situation, or go shopping somewhere else.
                    Last edited by chefcraig; 12-10-2010, 04:12 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

the "they OWE us!!!" mentality is a big part of why i don't go to some other sites. not just VH sites, mind you. the withholding of information is not exclusive to the VH camp.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        It is funny. I don't know why on Earth people seem to believe there is some sort of contract in place between an artist and a fan, simply because the fan decides to buy the artist's album or see a show. Somewhere along the line, some seriously delusional fans believe that because the artist has profited from the fan's money, the artist in some manner now owes the fan something more. Bullshit, because what is taking place is nothing more than capitalistic commerce. If you buy a lawnmower or a washing machine from Sears, once the warranty expires (which is covered in the cost of purchase), that's it. Sure, you can naively expect the damned thing to last for a while, but after it falls apart, what does Sears owe you? The answer is nothing. And if Sears decides to stop making lawnmowers or washing machines, you have a choice: stomp your feet and make a bunch of noise about the situation, or go shopping somewhere else.
                        Then I would expect "Sears" to take down the websites for the lawnmowers or washing machines or any page about the products if they have no product and nothing to offer other then a product past it's warranty. Don't keep promo going on products that are not real. Or you can really jump on delusional train like you have and wait for an album.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Then I would expect "Sears" to take down the websites for the lawnmowers or washing machines or any page about the products if they have no product and nothing to offer other then a product past it's warranty. Don't keep promo going on products that are not real.
                          What are they promoting? Other than musical hardware, band related knickknacks, clothing and guitars, the official site barely even references the band's catalogue. And the last official message to the fans came as a Happy New Year message from last December.

Or you can really jump on delusional train like you have and wait for an album.
                          What does that even mean? When have I ever said anything other than I'll believe a new VH album exists only when I hold it in my hands?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You gotta wonder which one has been the bigger disappointment: The Obama presidency, or the Van Halen reunion. Right now it's embarrassing to admit I advocated for either one.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Or you can really jump on delusional train with me and join my "boycott EVH!" Facebook page.
                              fixed.

Comment

Working...