PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani to replace Cheney on ticket?

lucky wilbury
06-09-2004, 01:33 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38858

Giuliani to replace Cheney on ticket?
Bush camp considers switch leading to NYC convention

Posted: June 9, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – There are whispers among high-level political advisers to President Bush suggesting the possibility of replacing Dick Cheney with former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani as the vice presidential running mate prior to the Republican National Convention in New York beginning Aug. 30.

Cheney, who has no aspirations to run for president in 2008 and has had well-publicized heart problems, has been involved in the discussions and is open to the idea if it strengthens the ticket and helps position a viable Republican candidate to succeed Bush, sources tell WND.

Originally, Cheney was asked by Bush to lead the effort to find the best running mate in 2000. After months of interviews and offering advice, Bush surprised many by picking Cheney.

Giuliani, as well as New York Gov. George Pataki, has been expected to play a starring role at the convention. Both are also considered possible presidential candidates in 2008. Securing the vice presidential nomination, however, would instantly make Giuliani the front-runner among all potential Republican candidates.

"There is some thinking at the very highest political levels that this move could add some late sizzle to the campaign, steal any thunder generated by the Democrats in Boston and even potentially put the state of New York in play for the president," said one source close to both Giuliani and the White House.

No one is talking on the record, and the plan is not yet set in stone.

So far, the only people who have speculated publicly about such a move are Democrats.

"They'll probably play Rudy heavier than any other part of the convention," former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo told the Associated Press last week. "So Rudy will go up and people will start talking about him replacing Cheney or him running for president. It'll be very, very good for Rudy."

Giuliani became a national star in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that brought down the World Trade Center towers, killing almost 3,000 people. He became known as "America's mayor."

"They'll make the most of 9-11, the most of Rudy," Cuomo said. "He is now still iconic, you saw that in 9-11 and that's it," the Democrat added. "He's received a stature which is, for the time being, absolutely unshakable."

Giuliani has said he may return to elective politics as early as 2006 by running either for governor, should Pataki call it quits after three terms, or for U.S. Senate against Democratic incumbent Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the face of prostate cancer, Giuliani withdrew from the 2000 Senate race won by Clinton.

By beating Clinton in 2006, Giuliani would not only position himself as a leading candidate for president in 2008, he would have eliminated the Democrats’ No. 1 contender. But it's a risky proposition for Giuliani. If he can't topple the popular Democratic incumbent, his chances of becoming president, or even winning the nomination in 2008, would be slim indeed.

There is little love lost between Pataki and Giuliani. Giuliani angered many Republicans in 1994 when he crossed party lines to endorse Cuomo's bid for a fourth term. Pataki beat Cuomo in that election.

The only potential political danger in replacing Cheney with Giuliani, said a source close to Bush, is that it would create problems with the president's right flank. Giuliani is widely perceived as less conservative than Cheney, and by elevating him to front-runner in 2008, Bush could anger many conservatives.

Giuliani is also being considered as a replacement for George Tenet as director of the Central Intelligence Agency. However, Bush appears to be in no rush to fill that slot. It's possible, one source said, it could be held open for Cheney.

The GOP convention is being held Aug. 30-Sept. 2. Democrats are holding their convention in Boston at the end of July.

Ally_Kat
06-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Who cares if he's less conservative. He knows how to take care of things. He fixed this city right during his term.

FORD
06-09-2004, 02:35 AM
This rumor's been around for months. If it happens, it's only because Uncle Dick will have to act like he's taking the fall for some major fuckup. Outing Valerie Plame as a CIA agent would be most likely, though the prison torture scandal and Halliburton's extortion and theft could also be possibilities.

But even if Cheney were off the ticket, he'd still be pulling Junior's strings from his "undisclosed location". As Perle and Karen Hughes have already proved, you never really "resign" from the Bush Criminal Empire.

ELVIS
06-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Who cares you idiot...

It would be a sure fire win...;)

Seshmeister
06-09-2004, 08:02 AM
How could Gulianni play second fiddle to that retard?

Lqskdiver
06-09-2004, 09:12 AM
It's PRESIDENT retard to you.

steve
06-09-2004, 09:13 AM
A Pro-abortion former Mayor of NYC, strong on law enforcement, helped re-organize and focus many NYC social instituions during his term, experience with dealing with a multitude of different races and cultures...

sounds like a Democrat to me.

If the Republicans have to do this to win...hey, great!

FORD
06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
And then Kerry could pick McCain as a running mate and everybody could be confused.

knuckleboner
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by FORD
And then Kerry could pick McCain as a running mate and everybody could be confused.

no...not until nader and perot agree to be co-presidents on the independent ticket will we all be REALLY confused...

FORD
06-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
no...not until nader and perot agree to be co-presidents on the independent ticket will we all be REALLY confused...

Nader & Buchanan would be a more interesting combination ;)

Ally_Kat
06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by steve
strong on law enforcement

how is that like a Democrat? Maybe the Democrats are different in Virginia, but here they kept cutting back the police force and let crime and all that get out of hand here to where New York WAS that hellhole everyone thought it to be.

experience with dealing with a multitude of different races and cultures...

The minorities here hated him. Still do. Funny thing is that they were the people he helped most when he was in office. They called him racist and he's had more Hitler references made to him than Ford does to Bush.

FORD
06-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
he's had more Hitler references made to him than Ford does to Bush.

Rudy's grandpa funded Hitler too?? :confused:

Ally_Kat
06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
lol! no, not that i know of hun, but you know all those pics of Bush made to look like Hitler? Oh, they did that and worse to Rudy.

High Life Man
06-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
How could Gulianni play second fiddle to that MAN? ;)

He'd do it as he'd be a shoo in for the 08 presidency.

FORD
06-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
He'd do it as he'd be a shoo in for the 08 presidency.

Indeed that might be his motivation. But the fact is that if the BCE happens to pull off a "re"election, they will so destroy this country that no Republican will be able to win an election for 40 years.

Assuming such things as elections actually still exist.

knuckleboner
06-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Maybe the Democrats are different in Virginia,

the democrats are definitely good in virginia...

;)

Lqskdiver
06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Indeed that might be his motivation. But the fact is that if the BCE happens to pull off a "re"election, they will so destroy this country that no Republican will be able to win an election for 40 years.

Assuming such things as elections actually still exist.

The only things I see being destroyed are liberal agendas. I can see why that would piss you off.

DLR'sCock
06-09-2004, 04:13 PM
I enjoyed the days of when NYC was rougher. NYC was very Rock N Roll at one time, now it's become more and more Yuppified for the average....When it was more "unsafe" it kept the trendies in the burbs...

The Lower East Side isn't what it used to be, and Times Square is like a mall now...

tobinentinc
06-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Going with Cheney again, I heard on my local talk radio show, that he could be head of the CIA and I'm repeating anyone forgive me.

FORD
06-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
Going with Cheney again, I heard on my local talk radio show, that he could be head of the CIA and I'm repeating anyone forgive me.

Nope. If Uncle Dick is forced to "resign", the likely reason will be an indictment for outing Valerie Plame. Blowing a CIA operative's cover isn't something they take very lightly in Langley. There's no way Cheney gets that job.

steve
06-10-2004, 09:03 PM
A Pro-abortion former Mayor of NYC, strong on law enforcement, helped re-organize and focus many NYC social instituions during his term, experience with dealing with a multitude of different races and cultures...

sounds like a Democrat to me.

If the Republicans have to do this to win...hey, great!

Statistically speaking, if you're re-elected in NYC (what was it, 3 TIMES?!) all the non-white people - who make up 70% of NYC - REALLY don't "hate you" - in fact, a silent majority liked his no-nonsense approach.

And it was President CLINTON - DEMOCRAT - who enacted the fantastic COPS program (community-based policing plus hundreds of thousands of additional officers nation-wide) - widely credited with capitalizing on the economic boom of the 90s to drive crime down in America's cities to record lows. Rudy used this program as a catalyst for all types of new ways to work with the NYPD to combat crime in NYC - IMHO.

Oh...and my favorite thing abot Guiliani...not really all that religious!:D

Being a Republican in NYC is like being a Democrat anywhere else in the country.

That is why, in the end, this would be a REALLY, REALLY desparate move by the Bush administration - installing very liberal Republican who would have a far stronger mandate from the people than would the President...Rudy would have a lot of power in a Bush White House.

Ally_Kat
06-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Statistically speaking, if you're re-elected in NYC (what was it, 3 TIMES?!)

he had two terms then he couldn't run again. That's the law in NYC.

all the non-white people - who make up 70% of NYC - REALLY don't "hate you" - in fact, a silent majority liked his no-nonsense approach.

And how long have you lived in NYC, praytell? How often in Rudy's 8 years were you exposed to angry minorities from the 'hood? You are also underestimating the white population. There's still a lot of us here. Way more than just 30%

And it was President CLINTON - DEMOCRAT - who enacted the fantastic COPS program (community-based policing plus hundreds of thousands of additional officers nation-wide) - widely credited with capitalizing on the economic boom of the 90s to drive crime down in America's cities to record lows. Rudy used this program as a catalyst for all types of new ways to work with the NYPD to combat crime in NYC - IMHO.

key words - in my humble opinion. Yea, that program may have helped but what really helped was Rudy giving the police force their balls back after Dinkins let the force wither away to nothing and almost stripped them of all power. The riots that happened here after the King verdict came out would never have happened with Rudy in office. In Dinkins' day you couldn't find a officer on the street, ever. After Rudy started getting to work, the force doubled and there were cops everywhere. He gave them back money that Dinkins had cut from the budget and when something happened, instead of blaming the police force first and punishing them like Dinkins did, Rudy stood by them and gave them confidence. The cops loved Rudy because he gave them a good name again.

Oh...and my favorite thing abot Guiliani...not really all that religious!:D

I'm going to guess the museum painting story of the Virgin Mary and Rudy's reaction to it didn't make it into your state. He's Italian and Catholic and from Brooklyn. If you know nyc at all, you can put 2 and 2 together.

Being a Republican in NYC is like being a Democrat anywhere else in the country.

That is why, in the end, this would be a REALLY, REALLY desparate move by the Bush administration - installing very liberal Republican who would have a far stronger mandate from the people than would the President...Rudy would have a lot of power in a Bush White House.

You live in Virginia yet you speak as if you know all the Republicans in New York City. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call Rudy a "very liberal" Republican. He might hold a couple of views in common with some Liberals, but he's Conservative nonetheless and he governs like a Republican. I should know -- I lived under his mayoralship. You talk as if having Rudy would mean we would get Democrat-like values in the White House, and if that is what you are meaning, that's such bullshit. He'd still have to answer to the party or else he would lose nomination to run for Pres. And before you tell me that wouldn't happen, we're trying to oust Bloomberg because he did nothing but put Democrats in all the appointed positions and he's running the city like a Democrat. The only time he makes anything resembling a conservative decision is when the Republican canidate forces him in public to do so.

steve
06-11-2004, 10:20 AM
he had two terms then he couldn't run again. That's the law in NYC.

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.

And how long have you lived in NYC, praytell? How often in Rudy's 8 years were you exposed to angry minorities from the 'hood? You are also underestimating the white population. There's still a lot of us here. Way more than just 30%

JUST LOOKED IT UP - IT'S 40%...TECHNICALLY I WAS WRONG. BUT I WAS ACCOUNTING FOR DIFFERENT CULTURES (SUCH AS JUDAISM) AND MANY, MANY NEW EASTERN EUROPEAN AND RUSSIAN IMMIGRANTS IN NYC.

key words - in my humble opinion. Yea, that program may have helped but what really helped was Rudy giving the police force their balls back after Dinkins let the force wither away to nothing and almost stripped them of all power. The riots that happened here after the King verdict came out would never have happened with Rudy in office. In Dinkins' day you couldn't find a officer on the street, ever. After Rudy started getting to work, the force doubled and there were cops everywhere. He gave them back money that Dinkins had cut from the budget and when something happened, instead of blaming the police force first and punishing them like Dinkins did, Rudy stood by them and gave them confidence. The cops loved Rudy because he gave them a good name again.

WHATEVER... I DISAGREE - IT WAS BOTH THE COPS PROGRAM AND GUILIANI'S IDEAS - MY OPINION AND THE OPINION OF MANY, MANY OTHERS.

I'm going to guess the museum painting story of the Virgin Mary and Rudy's reaction to it didn't make it into your state. He's Italian and Catholic and from Brooklyn. If you know nyc at all, you can put 2 and 2 together.

HE'S ABOUT AS CATHOLIC AS KERRY - AND HE DOESN'T THINK HE HAS A MANDATEE FROM GOD LIKE THAT WACKO GW - GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

You live in Virginia yet you speak as if you know all the Republicans in New York City. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call Rudy a "very liberal" Republican. He might hold a couple of views in common with some Liberals, but he's Conservative nonetheless and he governs like a Republican. I should know -- I lived under his mayoralship. You talk as if having Rudy would mean we would get Democrat-like values in the White House, and if that is what you are meaning, that's such bullshit.

YOU'RE COMPARING HIM TO DAVID DINKINS. I'M COMPARING HIM TO MODERATE DEMOCRATS LIKE OUR GOV. WARNER HERE IN VA, FORMER PRES. CLINTON, AND OTHERS AROUND THE COUNTRY. SOUNDS LIKE I COULD EXPAND ON MY POINT TILL I'M BLUE IN THE FACE, SO I SHALL NOT BOTHER :).

He'd still have to answer to the party or else he would lose nomination to run for Pres. And before you tell me that wouldn't happen, we're trying to oust Bloomberg because he did nothing but put Democrats in all the appointed positions and he's running the city like a Democrat. The only time he makes anything resembling a conservative decision is when the Republican canidate forces him in public to do so.

WITH BUSH SINKING IN THE POLLS LIKE HE IS, A DECISION TO SELECT GUILIANI FOR VICE PRES WOULD BE AN ANOMOLY - GUILIANI'S MANDATE, UNTIL HE DOES SOMETHING WRONG, IS FROM TIME MAGAZINE'S "MAN OF THE YEAR" COVER AFTER SEPT.11th.

GUILIANI WOULD NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO THE RELIGIOUS FANATIC POWER BASE OF PAT ROBERTSON AND THE LIKE LIKE BUSH DOES AND DID IN 2000.

GUILIANI'S MANDATE IS MUCH LIKE THE SENATOR FROM ARIZONA'S - FRMO MODERATES...REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS.

Ally_Kat
06-11-2004, 11:12 AM
all i gotta say is you don't live here or work for the man

worldbefree
06-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Rudy's first job as VP will be to close down all the strip joints in the United States. LOL

I think Rudy is smart enough not to hop on board this sinking ship.

lucky wilbury
06-21-2004, 06:22 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39072

New pressure on Cheney to go
USA Today publishes plea for veep to give way on ticket

Posted: June 21, 2004
1:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Adding new steam to a WorldNetDaily report that President Bush's campaign is considering replacing Vice President Dick Cheney on the ticket before the Republican National Convention, USA Today published a commentary today urging him to step aside.

The article is written as an open letter to Cheney from James P. Gannon, former Wall Street Journal reporter and editor of the Des Moines Register.

"Forgive me for suggesting that self-sacrifice may be the greatest service you can render to President Bush in what promises to be a closely contested election," Gannon wrote. "You must ask yourself now if your continued presence by his side will offer strength or weakness to the Republican ticket in November, and what it will mean for GOP prospects in the future."

Gannon says Cheney has become a lightning rod for criticism and portrayed as "a tool of the oil industry, a too-eager advocate of war in Iraq and a too-gullible supporter of the now-disgraced Ahmad Chalabi, who fed the Bush administration false intelligence on Iraq. Your former company, Halliburton, is a political albatross around your neck, weighing down not only you but also President Bush."

Gannon also cites health concerns as a contributing factor in his advice.

"Moreover, given your history of health problems, you do not offer the Republicans what they need for 2008 and beyond – a president in training," he writes. "After November, the party will need to think beyond the presidency of Bush, even if he is re-elected. Inaugurating a vice president next January who could step up to lead the party in 2008 would be a great asset for the GOP."

Gannon says Bush would never ask Cheney to step aside because of his sense of loyalty. Therefore, Gannon suggests, it's up to Cheney to make the move.

Gannon's first suggestion to replace Cheney is Sen. John McCain, who recently turned down overtures by Bush's opponent, Sen. John Kerry.

His second suggestion is former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, the name WorldNetDaily sources say is already under consideration by the Bush political team.

WND reported earlier this month that high-level political advisers to Bush are whispering about the possibility of replacing Cheney with Giuliani prior to the convention beginning Aug. 30.

Cheney, who has no aspirations to run for president in 2008 and has had well-publicized heart problems, has been involved in the discussions and is open to the idea if it strengthens the ticket and helps position a viable Republican candidate to succeed Bush, sources tell WND.

Originally, Cheney was asked by Bush to lead the effort to find the best running mate in 2000. After months of interviews and offering advice, Bush surprised many by picking Cheney.

Giuliani, as well as New York Gov. George Pataki, has been expected to play a starring role at the convention. Both are also considered possible presidential candidates in 2008. Securing the vice presidential nomination, however, would instantly make Giuliani the front-runner among all potential Republican candidates.

"There is some thinking at the very highest political levels that this move could add some late sizzle to the campaign, steal any thunder generated by the Democrats in Boston and even potentially put the state of New York in play for the president," said one source close to both Giuliani and the White House.

No one is talking on the record, and the plan is not yet set in stone.

So far, the only people who have speculated publicly about such a move are Democrats.

"They'll probably play Rudy heavier than any other part of the convention," former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo told the Associated Press in early June. "So Rudy will go up and people will start talking about him replacing Cheney or him running for president. It'll be very, very good for Rudy."

Giuliani became a national star in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that brought down the World Trade Center towers, killing almost 3,000 people. He became known as "America's mayor."

"They'll make the most of 9-11, the most of Rudy," Cuomo said. "He is now still iconic, you saw that in 9-11 and that's it," the Democrat added. "He's received a stature which is, for the time being, absolutely unshakable."

Giuliani has said he may return to elective politics as early as 2006 by running either for governor, should Pataki call it quits after three terms, or for U.S. Senate against Democratic incumbent Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the face of prostate cancer, Giuliani withdrew from the 2000 Senate race won by Clinton.

By beating Clinton in 2006, Giuliani would not only position himself as a leading candidate for president in 2008, he would have eliminated the Democrats' No. 1 contender. But it's a risky proposition for Giuliani. If he can't topple the popular Democratic incumbent, his chances of becoming president, or even winning the nomination in 2008, would be slim indeed.

There is little love lost between Pataki and Giuliani. Giuliani angered many Republicans in 1994 when he crossed party lines to endorse Cuomo's bid for a fourth term. Pataki beat Cuomo in that election.

The only potential political danger in replacing Cheney with Giuliani, said a source close to Bush, is that it would create problems with the president's right flank. Giuliani is widely perceived as less conservative than Cheney, and by elevating him to front-runner in 2008, Bush could anger many conservatives.

Giuliani is also being considered as a replacement for George Tenet as director of the Central Intelligence Agency. However, Bush appears to be in no rush to fill that slot. It's possible, one source said, it could be held open for Cheney.

The GOP convention is being held Aug. 30-Sept. 2. Democrats are holding their convention in Boston at the end of July.

John Ashcroft
06-21-2004, 08:40 PM
I think Cheney's just fine. He'll stick it out for the coming second term. Now, Giulianni may be his running mate for '08. Or, Cheney might drop out of the limelight altogether (due to health reasons), and then the Republican nom will most certainly be Rudy's for the taking. That's unless Powell has greater aspirations...

I'd settle for a Giuliani/Powell ticket in '08, with either one on top. Man, they would send Hillary packing so fucking hard! She'd have to move to and run for a lower state house in Wisconsin, while calling it her "home"...

freak
06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
WITH BUSH SINKING IN THE POLLS LIKE HE IS, A DECISION TO SELECT GUILIANI FOR VICE PRES WOULD BE AN ANOMOLY - GUILIANI'S MANDATE, UNTIL HE DOES SOMETHING WRONG, IS FROM TIME MAGAZINE'S "MAN OF THE YEAR" COVER AFTER SEPT.11th.

GUILIANI WOULD NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO THE RELIGIOUS FANATIC POWER BASE OF PAT ROBERTSON AND THE LIKE LIKE BUSH DOES AND DID IN 2000.

GUILIANI'S MANDATE IS MUCH LIKE THE SENATOR FROM ARIZONA'S - FRMO MODERATES...REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS.

What is this liberal Democratic facination with the caps lock key?

Could someone please explain this?

freak
06-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
II'd settle for a Giuliani/Powell ticket in '08, with either one on top. Man, they would send Hillary packing so fucking hard! She'd have to move to and run for a lower state house in Wisconsin, while calling it her "home"...

I could see that :D

Plenty of news conferences where she claims to be a Packers fan and describes her lifelong love for cheese.

lucky wilbury
06-21-2004, 10:14 PM
will she use hagar songs for theme music then?

Ally_Kat
06-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by freak

Big letters make them feel important and that they're actually being heard

FORD
06-22-2004, 12:37 AM

Just because Steve uses the caps - which appears to be a way of separating his responses from the post he's quoting - that makes it a "liberal Democrat" thing? :confused:

I'm the most liberal Democrat here, and I've never improperly used the caps lock key. And there's a couple FAUX brainwashed Busheep out there who live on theirs. Not to mention a couple of the Chedheads, who might as well be republicans, because Spammy is ;)

I think the CAPS LOCK key can be considered safely non-partisan.

John Ashcroft
06-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Nah. it's annoying... Liberals are annoying... They just naturally go together. ;)

steve
06-23-2004, 06:27 PM
You got it FORD, just trying to make the conversation readable.

The CAPS thing is besides the point anyway, total ad-hom bullshit criticism from the Ann Coulter cock-suckers here....

Yeah, I said it - but not in a derogatory way...it's just that Ann Coulter has a dick, because she is a shemale - and there is nothing wrong with it; unless you hate that sort of thing.

Anyway Ally Cat, I know a half dozen folks that live in NYC...and they all think the same thing as me - that of, in a lot of other parts of the country, a man with the general political persuasions Guiliani has...would be a Democrat. It's not that you have those opinions because of geography, it's that you have them because of political bias.

freak
06-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Nah. it's annoying... Liberals are annoying... They just naturally go together. ;)

Personally, I find liberals entertaining.

Ally_Kat
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
You got it FORD, just trying to make the conversation readable.

The CAPS thing is besides the point anyway, total ad-hom bullshit criticism from the Ann Coulter cock-suckers here....

Yeah, I said it - but not in a derogatory way...it's just that Ann Coulter has a dick, because she is a shemale - and there is nothing wrong with it; unless you hate that sort of thing.

Anyway Ally Cat, I know a half dozen folks that live in NYC...and they all think the same thing as me - that of, in a lot of other parts of the country, a man with the general political persuasions Guiliani has...would be a Democrat. It's not that you have those opinions because of geography, it's that you have them because of political bias.

I would still vote for him even if he was a Democrat and would still love the man.

You may know a half-dozen folks here, but I live with them, not to mention work for one of his close political friends

John Ashcroft
06-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Personally, I find liberals entertaining.

In an annoying way, naturally... Kinda like sticking a 9 Volt battery to your tounge as a kid. Entertaining yet annoying all at the same time. :D

Sgt Schultz
06-25-2004, 09:05 AM
My apologies if this has already been posted but I think that sometime during Bush's 2nd term Cheney will resign (health, plus he has no shot as Prez) and Guliani will be Vice President. Not sure about the procedure for this. That's my guess.

John Ashcroft
06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Possible, but I hope not. I think Dick Cheney is one of the most effective VPs in our country's history. He's really redefining the role of VP. Up until now, most people truly feared the thought of losing the Pres, because the loser put in the VP slot was dangerous. Not so with Cheney. I mean, look at Algore. He did absolutely nothing in 8 years in regards to policy. He presided over only a handful of Senate sessions, and did exactly what he was told. And I'll be fair, Dan Quayle was ineffective as all hell. Most people were appalled at the thought of him taking the big seat.

Anyway, Cheney may well go, but I wouldn't count on it. I know the Press is foaming at the mouth at the thought of running uncle Dick out, but that in itself speaks volumes. From what I can gather, the press is simply creating controversy where none exists. There is no loud call from the public for Cheney to step down. There is a roar from liberals in the press, NY, and Hollywood for him to go. That's what you're hearing from the press for sure. You're not hearing it from the public. Nor are you hearing it from the RNC (even though the press would like you to believe the RNC has "concerns" over Cheney).

FORD
06-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Possible, but I hope not. I think Dick Cheney is one of the most effective VPs in our country's history. He's really redefining the role of VP. .

Yeah, considering Uncle Dick is the one pulling Junior's strings. Their "joint testimony" before the 9-11 commission ended any speculation of that one.

If Crashcart has the big one and drops dead, obviously they would have to replace him. If he's found guilty of outing Valerie Plame, he'll have to "officially" resign from the Fraudministration, but as we have already seen from Richard Perle and Karen Hughes, resigning from the BCE doesn't always mean you actually quit. Cheney could just as easily keep his hand up Junior's ass - er, metaphorically speaking, of course - with Rudy (or whomever) in the VP's office.

The real question is would Uncle Dick give up that really cool bomb shelter he built with taxpayer dollars?

John Ashcroft
06-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Hopefully not. The real question is will the "Corporate" press continue to reveal secret locations?

FORD
06-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Hopefully not. The real question is will the "Corporate" press continue to reveal secret locations?

What's so secret about the bomb shelter underneath the VP residence?? :confused: