PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Source Confirms Alice Cooper Is In

sonrisa salvaje
12-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Report: Rock Hall to welcome Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper, Tom Waits
Story by Phil Gallo
SoundSpike Editor at Large
Published December 12, 2010 03:17 PM

Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Dr. John and Darlene Love will be inducted as the class of 2011 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, according to the industry website Hitsdailydouble.com.

The publication reported the names of the winners over the weekend. An official announcement of the Rock Hall winners is scheduled for Wednesday (12/15). The 26th annual induction ceremony will be held March 14 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City.

The rules state that this year's nominees had to release their first single no later than 1985. Since all of the reported new inductees except Waits were active in the 1960s, their induction can be viewed as either overdue or a reflection of a diminishing eligibility requirements.

To an artist, however, each of the reported new inductees has grown in stature over the last two decades -- Diamond and Waits as songwriters, Dr. John as a pianistic musicologist, Copper as a pioneering showman and Love as the definitive voice in Phil Spector's early '60s empire.

Among this year's Rock Hall nominees, newcomers who will have to wait until 2012 for another shot include Bon Jovi, LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys. Veteran acts that just can't seem to convince the voters continue to be Laura Nyro, Chic and Donna Summer.

sonrisa salvaje
12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Eddie Trunk also saying the same thing:

13-Dec-10ET Live Tonight, Alice & Hall, more
12/13/10: Live tonight on Sirius 19 XM 53 at 6P EST. I'll be recording the Giants game so no updates please! Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth will be dropping in during the 9PM hour, plenty of music, calls and requests. Plus news just broke about my friends at the R&R Hall of Shame, who after over 15 years of ignoring Alice Cooper for induction, have now voted him in! What geniuses! There is hope for us all!! Bon Jovi was once again skipped over after being on the ballot, but they are new to the process. Alice wasn't even in their discussion for over a decade! Unreal. Of course I'm sure when I flipped the bird to the Hall with Alice next to me and called them out on TMS that did the trick (joking of course!). But regardless, congratulations to Alice. We all knew he was an icon and deserving all along and I am happy for him. No doubt we will discuss this tonight as well. Hope everyone enjoyed the Scrap Metal TMS special this past weekend. It repeats all week. Then the show goes into repeats for a couple months so keep an eye out for shows you may have missed and set those DVRs to record all episodes to catch up. New shows in March. Running to a meeting with my publisher about marketing plans for my book, then to Sirius/XM, where I will be the only one pretty much there with the whole company at the McCartney concert. But I will be holding the fort live on Boneyard, see you then.

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Trunk and Blabbermouth are quoting the Hitsdailydouble.com (http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi) story, but no one seems to notice that it comes from the rumormill section of the site. Remember that Guns n Roses/Van Halen tour story from last year (Guns N' Roses To Tour With Van Halen? (http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2054))? You guessed it, the story came from the same place. The site pretty much throws a bunch of shit at the wall, so if it sticks and if it turns out to be true, they are happy to take credit. Funny how they never assume the same stance when proven wrong.

sadaist
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Neil Diamond = in

KISS = not in

WTF?

FORD
12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Blabbermouth is about as reliable as MelodiCrock, but this one makes sense, at least as far as Alice Cooper goes.

As for KI$$, we all know why they aren't in - because Chaim Witz would probably either insist that ONLY he and Paul Stanley Eisen get in, or worse yet, ALL the scabs that have ever played on their lousy records. It's either the original four, or nothing, because KI$$ started to suck the minute they made that damn disco record.

Bands with ridiculous amounts of personnel changes don't get in. That's why Deep Purple is also left out, and why it took so long to induct Black Sabbath. Or Van Halen, for that matter (and we all know how bad they fucked up that one)

twonabomber
12-13-2010, 08:15 PM
As for KI$$, we all know why they aren't in - because Chaim Witz would probably either insist that ONLY he and Paul Stanley Eisen get in, or worse yet, ALL the scabs that have ever played on their lousy records.

nah.

i think Jann Wenner hates KISS, and that's why they aren't in.

lately they seem to be picking inductees that will give the live show on Fuse good ratings. if this is the inductee class, then the ratings aren't gonna be shit.

Unchainme
12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
it's a fuck up museum ran by rs/music snobs.

how the fuck is rush not in yet? oh, thats right, RS and others made fun of them throughout the 70's and 80's, while sucking bruce springsteen's cock any chance they could get.

And don't get me, wrong I enjoy springsteen, just found it a bit annoying reading past issues that he gets worshipped and other groups got ignored during that amount of time.

Terry
12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
it's a fuck up museum ran by rs/music snobs.

how the fuck is rush not in yet? oh, thats right, RS and others made fun of them throughout the 70's and 80's, while sucking bruce springsteen's cock any chance they could get.

And don't get me, wrong I enjoy springsteen, just found it a bit annoying reading past issues that he gets worshipped and other groups got ignored during that amount of time.

It really is, at least from my standpoint, a worthless institution.

The more that gets revealed about the whole thing, from charging people (including the bands being inducted) $10k a seat on down the line to where disco acts and lesser known pop artists get inducted while better known ROCK acts are left without a spot...it all smacks of bullshit.

I can't imagine why anyone would even CARE if their favorite band or artist is in there or not...do such people need validation from the RnRHoF that the music they like is acceptable or something?

Nitro Express
12-13-2010, 09:30 PM
What's real rock and roll is torching the R&R Hall of Fame and having a big sex orgy in the light of the flames as it burns down.

sonrisa salvaje
12-13-2010, 10:29 PM

The more that gets revealed about the whole thing, from charging people (including the bands being inducted) $10k a seat on down the line to where disco acts and lesser known pop artists get inducted while better known ROCK acts are left without a spot...it all smacks of bullshit.

I can't imagine why anyone would even CARE if their favorite band or artist is in there or not...do such people need validation from the RnRHoF that the music they like is acceptable or something?

If it is true i am happy for Alice only because he seems to care as many artists do. The only band that has ever really blown off the Hall was the Sex Pistols who didn't show up and sent a letter instead. Most artists act like they don't care and it is a badge of honor not to be inducted, but as soon as they are called they show up as opposed to making a statement and giving them the finger. Dave and Eddie didn't show but had the Chickenfeet not been there i believe they would have. Bottom line, i don't think it is as much validation in the fans eyes as it is in the artists' eyes. It also brings a lot of them back into the limelight for a moment when they would otherwise be forgotten. Alice is not one of those that is likely to be forgotten anytime soon but we all know he was a pioneer and deserves to be recognized. At the same time i agree that there won't be any fans that say "ha, i told you he was great" because there is really no need in his case.

FORD
12-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Paul McCartney blew off the Beatles induction, but that probably had as much to do with the legal bullshit between the 4 of them that still hadn't been settled by that time, as it did anything to do with the HOF itself. He did manage to show up in the mid 90's when he was inducted as a solo artist.

And Bill & Charlie blew off the Stones' induction in 89, but then they're always willing to let Mick & Keith have the spotlight anyway, so that wasn't really that surprising.

chefcraig
12-14-2010, 07:45 AM
What bugs me about this is that Alice Cooper should be inducted as a group. The music that made Vince famous (everything up to and including Muscle Of Love) was done by Buxton, Smith, Bruce, Dunaway and Cooper.

FORD
12-14-2010, 02:58 PM
That might have been one of the reasons it took this long to get him voted in - the question of whether "Alice Cooper" means a band, or just one dude whose real name is Vince Furnier. I agree, it should be the entire original band.

Jagermeister
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
<object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/cbe/whoknew/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23485158&shareUrl=http%3A//whoknew.news.yahoo.com/%3Fvid%3D23485158&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/cbe/whoknew/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23485158&shareUrl=http%3A//whoknew.news.yahoo.com/%3Fvid%3D23485158&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></embed></object>

Kristy
12-14-2010, 04:03 PM

And you'd be right. The Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Favoritism is more or less a popularity pageant for critic burn-outs, aging failed musicians and those who love to wallow in trivial nostalgia. Doesn't make a difference who is accepted there or not.

Nitro Express
12-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Real stars need no fucking induction. It's fairy asses like Sammy Hagar that show up early for the award. Big dogs know they shit on the little dogs and don't need some committee to reinforce the reality.

twonabomber
12-15-2010, 05:27 PM
That might have been one of the reasons it took this long to get him voted in - the question of whether "Alice Cooper" means a band, or just one dude whose real name is Vince Furnier. I agree, it should be the entire original band.

the band will get in...

Detroit-born, Phoenix-bred shock-rocker Cooper (alias Vincent Furnier) was every parent’s worst nightmare in the 1970s: a ghoul who wore a boa (as in constrictor, not feather) and had a Top 10 hit with “School’s Out.” Inducted with him will be bandmates Glen Buxton (guitar), Michael Bruce (guitar), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and Neal Smith (drums). Buxton and Smith were born in Akron. Buxton died of pneumonia in 1997.

Signature song: "School's Out"

ace diamond
12-16-2010, 04:00 PM
What's real rock and roll is torching the R&R Hall of Fame and having a big sex orgy in the light of the flames as it burns down.

with tons of booze and pot!

but let's not blow the place up until after we've ransacked the place and cleaned out all the cool and collectable stuff!
after that, fuck yeah, lets burn it down and have one big ass party!.

sonrisa salvaje
12-16-2010, 05:11 PM
with tons of booze and pot!

but let's not blow the place up until after we've ransacked the place and cleaned out all the cool and collectable stuff!
after that, fuck yeah, lets burn it down and have one big ass party!.

If we do that, though, what else would Cleveland have?

Hardrock69
12-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Heh...LL Cool J was nominated? Why? Sure he deserves some cred for what he has done, but he is NOT a rocker! Just like Grandmaster Flash. WTF?

I wish someone would find the voting committee for the RNR Hall of Shame, drag them out in the fucking street and bitchslap some sense into them! :mad:

binnie
12-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad Alice is in, although it should be the band not just the man.

I've never really understood the criteria for the RRHOF though.

ODShowtime
12-20-2010, 07:42 PM

Yeah I agree that we don't need validation, but the fact that Rush, and also Kiss, aren't in the HOF while blondie and neil diamond are in pretty much destroys all their credibility. Both Kiss and Rush have had multiple decades with gold albums and sold out arena tours. Both have made some of the best rock records ever made. Period. There's no disputing that. So I just don't care what the RRHOF thinks because they are idiots. It makes sense that the place is in cleveland.

twonabomber
12-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Cleveland doesn't decide who gets in, the NY board picks the nominees and then the board and living inductees vote. all that happens here is the day to day operations.