X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

New Motorhead album...

MOTÖRHEAD: 'The Wörld Is Yours' To Receive U.S. Release In February - Dec. 13, 2010

MOTÖRHEAD's new album, "The Wörld Is Yours", will be released in North America on February 8, 2011. The CD, is being packaged in the U.K. with Classic Rock Presents Motörhead fan pack, which will hit newsstands across the country on December 14. This is a 132-page magazine featuring not only brand new interviews with the band alongside a complete career overview, but also the entire album on CD. Following this four-week exclusive period, "The Wörld Is Yours" will be released in the U.K. on January 17 in a standard CD format and available to buy in all usual retailers at the price of a regular CD.

Audio samples of all the tracks that appear on "The Wörld Is Yours", can be found on Amazon.de (scroll down).

"The Wörld Is Yours" is a vital, scorching statement of intent from MOTÖRHEAD as they launch Motörhead Music, their very first record label.

In a recent interview with The Evening Chronicle, drummer Mikkey Dee stated about the band's first venture into the record company business and MOTÖRHEAD's upcoming U.K. tour, "We have really competent people running Motorhead Music. Unfortunately, this album is getting out a little late. It won't even be out for the U.K. tour, which is a shame, but we are going to be playing two or three songs from the album as we don’t want the U.K. audience to miss out on it his year.

"We had been with out label for many years and they had been fantastic to us and we had full control, nothing we can complain over at all, not the slightest. But the whole company went under.

"The best people out of that company are now running the new deal.

"When we actually got going it was fantastic — everything went so easy, In fact, I’m surprised how easy it went."

MOTÖRHEAD have never just been the best rock n roll band in the world. They've never just been the loudest. Or the hardest. Or the toughest. Or the bad-ass-est. No... MOTÖRHEAD are also a lifestyle. MOTÖRHEAD are a mindset, a belief, a way to live your life, a way to both survive and beat a society that sometimes seems intent on trying to grind you down.

Which is why MOTÖRHEAD have chosen now, in what might be some of the most tense times in recent global history, to release a hell-raising, rebel-rousing rock'n'roll opus known as "The Wörld Is Yours".

Written and performed by Lemmy Kilmister, Philip Campbell and Mikkey Dee in both Los Angeles, California and Wales, with production once again by Cameron Webb, "The Wörld Is Yours" serves to remind everyone that you should never stop questioning or critiquing a society that would surely chew you up and spit you if given half a chance. And with 10 soul-scorching testaments to the unbridled power this world-famous trio continually maintain, "The Wörld Is Yours" delivers some of the finest, most important Motörmusic yet.

On instant classics such as "Get Back In Line", Kilmister thunders that "The way we are is not the way we used to be my friend," and "We are trapped in luxury, starving on parole, no-one told us who to love, we have sold our souls," whilst on "Brotherhood Of Man" Kilmister roars "You cannot hide the truth from me I know what?s in your heart, greed and jealousy each equal, all your days now dark." And with the defiant, uproarious "Rock 'N' Roll Music", Kilmister and Co. remind everyone that "rock and roll music is the true religion" and "rock and roll even gonna set you free, make the lame walk and the blind see."

Recorded during the late spring, the album's creation was thrown into turmoil by the poor health and sad eventual passing of Philip Campbell's father; the situation dictated that Philip needed to be home during some of the scheduled recording time, so MOTÖRHEAD hired a studio in Wales where Campbell was able to continue working on ideas and record tracks whilst first Mikkey and Lemmy, and then just Lemmy, laid down the rest of the album in L.A. But being MOTÖRHEAD, nothing fazed them, and with "The Wörld Is Yours" the band have triumphed over adversity to produce an absolute stormer of an album.

"The Wörld Is Yours" track listing:

01. Born To Lose
    02. I Know How To Die
    03. Get Back In Line
    04. Devil's In My Head
    05. Rock 'N' Roll Music
    06. Waiting For The Snake
    07. Brotherhood Of Man
    08. Outlaw
    09. I Know What You Need
    10. Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye

<object width="450" height="370"><embed src="http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/flvplayer.swf" FlashVars="config=http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/flvembed.php?viewkey=07b5cd1815c8d228d8ef" width="450" height="370" bgcolor="#000000" scale="noscale" menu="false" loop="false" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Linkage
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A radical new musical departure...

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Picking this up tomorrow. Motorhead have really been on a role in the past 5 years or so. It staggers me how many people ignore their later work.....

'Inferno', 'Motorizer', 'We Are Motorhead' are all excellent records....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr Badguy
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I would say that since 1993's "Bastards" they have only made one real duffer (98's "Snake Bite Love") and have been consistantly good..

No wonder Lemmy gets pissed off when all people talk about is "Ace of spades".
        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Why the fuck isn't Motorhead in the RRHOF?

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
            I would say that since 1993's "Bastards" they have only made one real duffer (98's "Snake Bite Love") and have been consistantly good..

No wonder Lemmy gets pissed off when all people talk about is "Ace of spades".
            'Bastards' is one of their best records, IMO. Agreed about 'Snake Bite Love' - great title cut, and then it just didn't work. A little too much treble and not enough bass, to these ears. Some people say 'Hammered' was under par, but I just think it's overshadowed by 'Inferno' which is up their with the best records the band have made.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
              No idea. Lemmy IS rock 'n' roll, and Motorhead transcends music to become an attitude, almost an ethos. Somewhere, someplace Lemmy and co. are playing a gig tonight - no frills, no corporate rock shit and no compromises. It's hard to think of a more rock 'n' roll band.

From the RRHOF organizers point of view, you could also guarentee that they'd show up and play. I just don't get it.

That being said, they have only just gotten around to inducting Alice Cooper. Messed up priorities at that place.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                Would Lemmy pay them the $10k a seat or whatever it is?

The RRHOF is like those Westbro church 'Death to Fags' assholes, best just to ignore them and wait for them to go away.

Comment

• SparkieD
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2006

Motorhead has always fucking ruled! Lemmy's way too cool for the HoF.
                  Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                  Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                    Motorhead has always fucking ruled! Lemmy's way too cool for the HoF.
                    Agreed.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

Lemmy defines Rock 'N' Roll. Even more than David Lee.

Lemmy never became a caricature nor sold out to any degree.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Bastards is a fucking smoking album. Motorhead IS Rock and Roll. They deserve every bit of the success they get.

Only one fucking problem, and I hope it does not fuck them up.

They were signed to their previous label for a long time. The label went BANKRUPT. In this day and age, where physical media is becoming obsolete, I hope they can make the label survive in the digital age. I want Lemmy, Phil and Mickey Dee to be set for life, if they are not already.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

It's a great record. I've just posted a review in the reviews thread.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Got the collector's edition "Classic Rock" edition with magazine, poster and badge.

Well good, well happy.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I picked that up too - it just feels more like an event with all the extras thrown in.

I thought the magazine they did for the Slash album was much stronger, however. The Motorhead one felt a little padded out. They could have really gone to town on it - Lemmy has done some great interviews over the years, why not reprint them?

Comment

Working...