PDA

View Full Version : Are the Skins tanking for a better pick?

TFM_Dale
12-19-2010, 11:18 AM
With Fagahan benching McNabb in favor of Grossman the question has to be asked. Are the Skins intentionally tanking for a better pick? If you ask me it is a no brainer. Grossman is not young. He has had multiple chances as a starter in this league. There is no question about what Grossman brings to the table as your starting QB. A few big plays and a whole lot of mistakes. If they benched McNabb to play a rookie or second year player then I wouldn't have such a problem, sooner or later you need to see what a young guy can do so you can make a decision on that player in the future. This isn't the case, it is benching a vet QB that has won in this league for a bum. I don't like it, I don't think it is right and I was wondering what the other football fans here thought.

Von Halen
12-19-2010, 11:59 AM
First and foremost. Yes, they are tanking for a better pick. They want one of the QB's that are going to be available via the draft this year.

I don't have a problem with it, other than I have Santana Moss. :biggrin: McNappy head hasn't done shit all fucking year. Why should he be playing the last 3 games? Shanahan straight out said there is nothing McNappy can do in the last 3 games to change what he has (hasn't) done in the first 13. Shanahan's mind is made up. McNappy is done like dinner. If they had a better backup than Grossman, McNappy would have been sitting a long time ago.

TFM_Dale
12-19-2010, 12:10 PM
I hear ya, I guess my biggest problem is it is Grossman starting, one of the shittiest QBs in the history of the league. I would rather see them play Beck.

Fairwrning
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I dont understand the way the Skins have handled the whole situation..sign the guy..bench the guy..re-sign to multi year contract...( which I believe they have the right to cancel..making it the most worthless contract in history)..only to bench him again..wtf??!!

Von Halen
12-19-2010, 12:38 PM
They should play Beck. Everybody knows how shitty Grossman is. (Watch him light it up today. lol)

Von Halen
12-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I dont understand the way the Skins have handled the whole situation..sign the guy..bench the guy..re-sign to multi year contract...( which I believe they have the right to cancel..making it the most worthless contract in history)..only to bench him again..wtf??!!

That was insurance in case he came around. Have you seen any of this guys interviews after the games? McNappy head has to be the nerdiest brotha on the planet. Anyway, the Skins are only (I can't believe I am saying only. I don't know your guys' financial situation, but I'd give my nuts for that kind of cash) out like 3.2 million dollars to McNappy. He gets to keep his signing bonus, and that's it. The rest of the contract was bullshit, thankfully for the Redskins.

TFM_Dale
12-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Another head scratcher is after all this other shit Fagahan has Beck as the 3rd QB making McNabb the backup, just a huge mess, Snyder should fire everyone, hand the team over to a brand new GM and shut his dumb assed rich mouth about football decisions. This team is in major need of a overhaul from the top down.

Von Halen
12-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Shanahan said McNappy is 3rd string, and Beck is the backup. He said that when he announced this decision.

TFM_Dale
12-19-2010, 01:16 PM
yep, in the inactive list though Beck is the 3rd QB, a great big mess.

Fairwrning
12-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Int #1 for Grossman