PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I wish I was born 10-20 years earlier.

BITEYOASS
12-25-2010, 09:39 PM
I didn't know there was a death metal festival at the local ice arena in my hometown of Jackson, Michigan. WTF?!?!? :pullinghair::duh::xmastree:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQzxcCDDyAk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQzxcCDDyAk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BTW, Alice Cooper and KISS played at this same arena also and I didn't get to see them either. Even though they were a couple miles away from my house.

Hardrock69
12-27-2010, 04:08 AM
I know the feeling. I just recently found out a concert that was played in my old hometown of Wichita, KS in 1972-1973 was a killer triple bill. Opener was Uriah Heep, followed by the Buddy Miles Express, followed by Deep Purple, who were supporting their new album Machine Head. When I found this out a few months ago I was furious that I was not a bit older so I could have gone back then.

ZahZoo
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Ha... poor bastards!!

I grew in the San Francisco bay area at the right time!! Check out the Bill Graham Day On the Green bills... especially the 70's and early 80's. Tickets were usually around $10-20... Eat your hearts out!!

A few of my favorites...

Day On The Green #3: Robin Trower, Peter Frampton, Dave Mason, Fleetwood Mac, Gary Wright (August 3, 1975).
Called "THE BRITISH ARE COMING" AKA "The INVASION OF THE BRITISH."
Day On The Green #6: Edgar Winter Group, Johnny Winter, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Earth Quake, Climax Blues Band (September 20, 1975)
Day on the Green #7 & 8 (proper): The Who, Grateful Dead (October 9 & 10, 1976)
Day On The Green #2 & 3: Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Heart, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Foreigner (May 28 & 30, 1977).
Day On The Green #4 & 5: Peter Frampton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santana, Outlaws (July 2 & 4, 1977).
Day On The Green #6 & 7: Led Zeppelin, Derringer, Judas Priest (July 23 & 24 1977)
Day On The Green #2: Steve Miller, Bob Seger, Outlaws, Ronnie Montrose, Toby Beau Band (June 17, 1978)
Day On The Green #3: Aerosmith, Foreigner, Pat Travers, Van Halen, AC/DC, (July 23, 1978) This was the first U.S. tour for Van Halen.
Day On The Green #4: The Rolling Stones, Santana, Eddie Money, Peter Tosh, Toots and the Maytals (July 26, 1978)
Bill Graham had a huge 'Lip & Tongue' Stones Logo built as the stage for this show on Mick Jagger's birthday. As the Rolling Stones finally came on stage 2+ hours after Santana finished playing, two helicopters flew around the stadium dropping blowup dolls and ping-pong balls stamped with the stones tongue logo into the crowd. As everyone looked up to the sky, the Stones appeared out of nowhere, playing Let it Rock from the tongue of the stage.
Day On The Green #5: Ted Nugent, Blue Öyster Cult, Journey, AC/DC, Cheap Trick (September 2, 1978)
Day On The Green #3: Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, St.Paradise (July 21, 1979).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_on_the_Green

Hardrock69
12-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Ha...you saw Ted, AC/DC and Cheap Trick only 2 days after I did in Seattle! :D