PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football As Comedy - Tennessee Losers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Hardrock69
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok so I am not the greatest sports fan in the world. Love the Yankees, never watch them unless they get into the playoffs. Love the Raiders, ditto.

That said, I watch most of the TN Titans games simply because they are the home team for me at present and I want them to win.

This season they have sucked ass.

So, due to my extended Christmas vacation (day 9 of a 17-day layoff), I keep vampire hours (normal rock musician hours). Stay up until 3-5 AM, sleep til whenever.

So I got up at one, turned on the TV, and the second quarter is just about over.

Titans 7, Chiefs 31.

It is the middle of the third quarter now, and it is now Titans 7, Chiefs 34.

Ever since I have woken up, I have been laughing at the losers. The Titans are a bunch of losers. They have 2 great players, but as a team they fucking suck.

I have never been one to get upset when a favorite team loses, as I don't care about sports in general enough for it to bother me.

But I sure as hell know a comedy game when I see one. Every fumble, every interception, every penalty, every botched play....I am laughing at the Titans.

Egging them on to LOSE. Because that is what they are. Fucking loser motherfuckers. :lmao:

So I had to post. This game is NFL Football not as a sporting event. It is NFL Football as comedy.

Fuck the fucking Titans. They fucking suck. :D

fifth element
12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok so I am not the greatest sports fan in the world. Love the Yankees, never watch them unless they get into the playoffs. Love the Raiders, ditto.

That said, I watch most of the TN Titans games simply because they are the home team for me at present and I want them to win.

This season they have sucked ass.

So, due to my extended Christmas vacation (day 9 of a 17-day layoff), I keep vampire hours (normal rock musician hours). Stay up until 3-5 AM, sleep til whenever.

So I got up at one, turned on the TV, and the second quarter is just about over.

Titans 7, Chiefs 31.

It is the middle of the third quarter now, and it is now Titans 7, Chiefs 34.

Ever since I have woken up, I have been laughing at the losers. The Titans are a bunch of losers. They have 2 great players, but as a team they fucking suck.

I have never been one to get upset when a favorite team loses, as I don't care about sports in general enough for it to bother me.

But I sure as hell know a comedy game when I see one. Every fumble, every interception, every penalty, every botched play....I am laughing at the Titans.

Egging them on to LOSE. Because that is what they are. Fucking loser motherfuckers. :lmao:

So I had to post. This game is NFL Football not as a sporting event. It is NFL Football as comedy.

Fuck the fucking Titans. They fucking suck. :D

Glad you are laughing...
Since the Chiefs playoff opportunity counts on winning against Tennessee, I watched every damned play.....

and am now hoping that the Bengals come away w/ their 4th win (unlikely, but possible)
and save me the same agony next week...lol

Hardrock69
12-27-2010, 04:06 AM
The Chiefs have generally over the past 40 years been a good franchise with decent management and the potential to go far, though they seldom have had a good chance for the Super Bowl in recent years.

One of my great memories as a little chilluns was every time the Chiefs played the Raiders. They had a helluva rivalry back in the day when Len Dawson was QB for the Chiefs, and the Raiders had their kickass team with Darryl Lamonica and George Blanda on it.

Then there was the infamous game in 1970 when they had a sideline-clearing brawl where both teams jumped into a giant pile in the field beating the shit out of each other. The game was stopped for a full 10 minutes or so while order was restored. Have never seen such a thing since, lol.

Tennessee is out for the season now.

Good. I don't have to see Jeff Fisher on the news any more trying to explain why the fucking losers could not win the game that day. :hee:

At least until next year anyway.

fifth element
12-27-2010, 03:05 PM
One of my great memories as a little chilluns was every time the Chiefs played the Raiders. They had a helluva rivalry back in the day when Len Dawson was QB for the Chiefs, and the Raiders had their kickass team with Darryl Lamonica and George Blanda on it.

Then there was the infamous game in 1970 when they had a sideline-clearing brawl where both teams jumped into a giant pile in the field beating the shit out of each other. The game was stopped for a full 10 minutes or so while order was restored. Have never seen such a thing since, lol.

lol...I remember that brawl between the Chiefs and Raiders....it was talked about for days, and pics were plastered all over the KC Times
I was just a kid then...my Dad hated answering questions I asked about football because it wasn't a "game for girls"
lol.....I never did lose interest...obviously (he still hates it when I talk football...probably always will.)

Little Texan
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Good. I don't have to see Jeff Fisher on the news any more trying to explain why the fucking losers could not win the game that day. :hee:

Naw, I believe the longest tenured coach in the NFL is going to be getting a pink slip within the next couple of weeks. You may see him giving that explanation for a different team next year, however.

fifth element
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Naw, I believe the longest tenured coach in the NFL is going to be getting a pink slip within the next couple of weeks. You may see him giving that explanation for a different team next year, however.

any guesses? including the ones who already have, just how many NFL coaches are going to lose their jobs this year?

lesfunk
12-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok so I am not the greatest sports fan in the world. Love the Yankees, never watch them unless they get into the playoffs.

. :D

In other words a typical Yankees fan

Little Texan
12-27-2010, 08:36 PM
any guesses? including the ones who already have, just how many NFL coaches are going to lose their jobs this year?

Let's see...

Fired coaches so far:

Wade Phillips - Dallas
Brad Childress - Minnesota
Josh McDaniels - Denver
Mike Singletary - San Francisco

Who I predict will get the ax:

Jeff Fisher - Tennessee
Eric Mangini - Cleveland
Gary Kubiak - Houston
Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati

That totals 8 that have/will lose their jobs.

Little Texan
12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
John Fox and Norv Turner are maybes.

chefcraig
12-27-2010, 08:45 PM
There are rumblings of some changes taking place with the Dolphins, as well.

fifth element
12-28-2010, 12:30 AM
and heard speculation about Tom Coughlin - Giants as well

lookin' at a lotta coaches needing jobs....

Unchainme
12-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Let's see...

Fired coaches so far:

Wade Phillips - Dallas
Brad Childress - Minnesota
Josh McDaniels - Denver
Mike Singletary - San Francisco

Who I predict will get the ax:

Jeff Fisher - Tennessee
Eric Mangini - Cleveland
Gary Kubiak - Houston
Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati

That totals 8 that have/will lose their jobs.

I would take Jeff Fisher as head coach of the Cleveland Browns in a heartbeat!

I can see him going to the texans though.

Little Texan
12-28-2010, 02:52 AM
There are rumblings of some changes taking place with the Dolphins, as well.

and heard speculation about Tom Coughlin - Giants as well

lookin' at a lotta coaches needing jobs....

There's word that the three coaching jobs that Bill Cowher would be interested in are Miami, New York Giants, and Houston, so it is plausible that Sparano or Coughlin could be fired if either the Dolphins or Giants are able to hammer out a deal to get Cowher.

fifth element
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
here is a list i saw earlier today...

Four head coaches have already been fired this season. Who else gets the ax? Some candidates in team alphabetical order:

John Fox-Carolina. Carolina has played poorly in the past 5 seasons. Only one playoff appearance, and that was a "one and done". This team sank to new lows this season, with only two wins so far. Fox will go.

Marvin Lewis-Cincinnati. Only two playoff appearances in his 8 years at Cincinnati. Both "one and done's" at home. This team won 10 games last season, and slumped to 4 so far this season. This team has too much talent for that type of production.

Gary Kubiak-Houston. Kubiac has never got Houston to the playoffs. This years dismal 5-10 record so far is a major disappointment for a team that has so much talent on it. Houston has to make a move.

Jim Caldwell. A maybe here, but there is no doubt that fans in Indy are disappointed in last year's Superbowl loss and the relatively poor record (6 losses) this season. An early departure from the playoffs or failure to make the playoffs may cost him his job.

Tony Sparano-Miami. Another maybe, but Sparano simply has not followed up on his 11-5 record of 2008, losing 9 games last season and at least 8 this season. His gimmick offenses no longer work.

Tom Coughlin-New York Giants. His fiery approach may cost him this year, especially if the Giants fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd straight year. This team has suffered some terrible losses at home to both Dallas and Philadelphia. Giant fans will not put up with this.

Norv Turner-San Diego. His team was the biggest disappointment in the NFL this season. Everyone wants his head, but the Charger problems go much deeper than the head coach. With two years left on his contract, and a super cheap front office, his departure is very doubtful.

Jeff Fisher-Tennessee. It is hard to believe that he would make this list, but the Tennesse owner seems to be in love with head case Vince Young. One of the two have to go. Fisher may be out. If so, he will be unemployed for about two hours.