PDA

View Full Version : CBGB's tour

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 02:48 AM
I remember going to this famous piss hole in the mid 80's. It stunk like vomit and piss. I ordered a shot and roaches were crawling across the counter. I heard it was a dive but holy hell, you needed to have all your shots up to date just to walk in.

http://www.bravadousa.com/cbgb/pano/pano.html

Diamondjimi
12-30-2010, 03:15 AM
That kicks ass. Shame it's closed. Should be a museum!

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm glad I got to see it when the bowery was still a real shit hole full of junkies and drunks before the Gulliani cleansing and yuppie dip condos started appearing. It was still scary. As ratty as that sound system looks it sounded great even with a lot of people in there. It is one of the weirdest places I've been and why bother with the restrooms when you could just piss on the floor?

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 03:25 AM
What made CBGBS is the owner was willing to give stage time to anyone. If you brought in beer drinkers you stayed and could get your thing together. Misfits were welcome there and they could hone their trade in front of a live audience. All the owner cared about is he sold lot's of warm beer and the roaches were a crunchy bonus. LOL!

sadaist
12-30-2010, 03:58 AM
That's a great site to be able to tour the place. But wow! It looks like some shithole right out of Mogadishu. I think even my pc got a virus from looking at the bathroom.

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
looks like some shithole right out of Mogadishu:biggrin:

Too bad you can't smell the smell. Puke, piss, beer, and a vain attempt to cover it up with Pine Sol.

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 04:59 AM

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Looking at the back bar area, I don't think I would be ordering any well drinks or mixed drinks at CBGB's. I would be afraid to even suck on a beer bottle neck pulled from that filthy sink.

Nitro Express
12-30-2010, 05:05 AM
What cracks me up is there is a sign up in the mixing consol area that says NO PISSING!. Probably better to take a wizz up in the sound engineering area than the fithy dungeon of a restroom.

sadaist
12-30-2010, 09:38 AM
:biggrin:

Too bad you can't smell the smell. Puke, piss, beer, and a vain attempt to cover it up with Pine Sol.

You mean stickers don't cover up the smell?

;)

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Moving this to HOM....