PDA

View Full Version : FUCK ESPN in the ass with a dull rusty chainsaw.

FORD
12-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Goddamn bastards grab up all the fucking bowl games so they can't even be shown on local TV, and then their useless fucking "ESPN 3" stream doesn't even goddamn work.

DAWGS first bowl game in 8 goddamn years and I can't even fucking see it? :(

POJO_Risin
12-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Ford...you can watch it online on ESPN 3...

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=100506

I didn't really realize what ESPN had done until I looked at the schedule...every bowl but one on ESPN, or ABC. It's fucking sickening. By the way, when ESPN go the deal with the bowls, they single-handedly helped the NCAA stop a playoff...

but they get none of the fucking blame...because THEY'RE THE MEDIA COVERING IT!!!

Unchainme
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm really pissed that they've put the BCS Bowls on fucking ESPN, rather than the ABC Broadcast stations, it feels really cheapened.

To rant further on it, ESPN has decided to take a big giant shit upon every team that isn't in the SEC, whether it's via whiney ass douche bags in the forms of Mark May insisting upon how "Slow" the Big Ten is, or by just shrugging off and generally ignoring teams from the PAC 10 and Big 10. Seriously, fuck them.

I also like to add, they really, really, really fucked up by repackaging their branding to ESPN from the ABC Sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnInSrXJbKE

Brings me back to great days of growing up and watching CFB as a kid, where no one had humougous dicks for the Gators and whatever SEC-Flavor of the month school is.

POJO_Risin
12-31-2010, 12:02 AM
When you were a kid...

2002...oy...

When I was a kid...Brent Musburger was the voice of the NFL for CBS...oy...

Unchainme
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
When you were a kid...

2002...oy...

When I was a kid...Brent Musburger was the voice of the NFL for CBS...oy...

my frame of reference for being a football fan was '99 on. (Baseball '95 on).

first real clear memory was the '99 Halloween Hail Mary Tim Couch threw against the Saints.

redblkwht
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
BCS (The Ultimate Monopoly) from teams thru TV, everyones maximizing their dollar this way..they will never get it right.
Sorry to hear that Ford, i would have went to a local pub for my team, but thats just me.
cheers-

redblkwht
12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
WTF? double post oops.

CROWBAR
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Goddamn bastards grab up all the fucking bowl games so they can't even be shown on local TV, and then their useless fucking "ESPN 3" stream doesn't even goddamn work.

DAWGS first bowl game in 8 goddamn years and I can't even fucking see it? :(

The only people who can view it on ESPN3 have to have AT&T as their provider. Big shitstorm happened this past NHRA drag racing season over that as many complained about not being able to see any races depending on where they live and provider for their area.

Anyway, back to football.

fifth element
12-31-2010, 01:03 PM
what a freekin' clusterfuck.....

FORD
12-31-2010, 01:09 PM
The only people who can view it on ESPN3 have to have AT&T as their provider. Big shitstorm happened this past NHRA drag racing season over that as many complained about not being able to see any races depending on where they live and provider for their area.

Anyway, back to football.

Actually, that's not true either. I have Comcast as an internet provider, and it came up..... eventually. Just a hell of a time getting it started, which might have been a matter of bandwidth.

Of course I'm only buying internet from Comca$t, not TV, so they probably don't want me watching the stream anyway. I'm assuming the "big" games tomorrow will still have network coverage, but if I gotta watch the championship game on the net, then so be it.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Hold on, there are bowl games on ??

BITEYOASS
12-31-2010, 02:04 PM
I wish they would just split the bowl games equally among the major networks. As opposed to one or two networks controlling every damn thing.

chefcraig
12-31-2010, 03:43 PM
I wish they would just split the bowl games equally among the major networks. As opposed to one or two networks controlling every damn thing.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works today. Back when there were only 3 networks (and less money involved), such a thing could take place. Now, whichever outfit has the most bucks wins the bid.

Von Halen
12-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Big shitstorm happened this past NHRA drag racing season over that as many complained about not being able to see any races depending on where they live and provider for their area.

I have comcast, and I had no problem with the NHRA on espn3.

CROWBAR
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I have comcast, and I had no problem with the NHRA on espn3.

Hmm, maybe they opened things up a bit. I know at the beginning of last season, you couldn't view it unless you had AT&T. They had so many complaints from people who didn't, maybe they decided to change it. They (ESPN3) were flooded with irate people bitching about that. I dunno, I'm just going by what I've read at drag sites from numerous people.