PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis to Florida as their new offensive coordinator?

POJO_Risin
12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Rumor has it that Will Muschamp is going after Charlie Weis. He's a great offensive coordinator. Look what he's done in Kansas City (I know Flamma...it's only because their schedule sucked...;) )...

I don't know...there's some irony in that Urban Meyer turned down the Notre Dame job...takes the Florida job...Weis gets the Notre Dame job...

gets fired...

and may end up the OC at Florida.

I only say that because it fits...

Urban Meyer's a head coach...and Charlie Weis is an offensive coordinator...

fifth element
12-31-2010, 04:21 PM
could be interesting....

chefcraig
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
One of the twits on CBS' halftime show this afternoon predicted that if Weiss went to Florida as coordinator, the Gators would win the SEC next year. Uh-huh. It's amazing how one good year in the NFL can change the people's perception of a coach or player. About this time last year, he was being chased out of Notre Dame with pitchforks and torches.

POJO_Risin
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
One of the twits on CBS' halftime show this afternoon predicted that if Weiss went to Florida as coordinator, the Gators would win the SEC next year. Uh-huh. It's amazing how one good year in the NFL can change the people's perception of a coach or player. About this time last year, he was being chased out of Notre Dame with pitchforks and torches.

He's always been a good OC...just a terrible head coach. I'm sure the hire will certainly help with offensive recruits...we'll see though. It seems like a strange step for Weis, who got eaten alive at Notre Dame. I wonder if this will put him in line for another college job down the road...

which may be what he wants...ultimately...