So the Repukes in the House are going to read the Constitution out loud??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So the Repukes in the House are going to read the Constitution out loud??

Yeah, sure they are. They won't even be able to get through the Preamble without some heavy censorship and revision......

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Union? Justice? Welfare? Boner won't be able to speak those words without his orange head exploding!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

It's the "welfare" part that'll trip him up.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

some of the newer members just might enjoy being able to utter the 3/5ths of all other persons line...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Supposedly they were going to "edit" out the parts that were nullified by later amendments, such as the 3/5 thing. Depends on whose turn it is to read when they get to that part, I guess.

If it's Rand Paul, he'll probably go with the original wording, and light up a cross on the House floor while he's doing it.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What a complete crock of squalid maggoty scum spunk.

I think your politicians are even more useless and shitty than ours which is saying something.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Stupid goddamned bastards! THERE ARE MORE PRESSING ISSUES FACING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT REQUIRE THEIR MOTHERFUCKING ATTENTION!!!!

SIMPLY PROVING TO THE WORLD THAT THE FUCKING ASSHOLES KNOW HOW TO READ IS A WASTE OF THE TAXPAYER DOLLAR!

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DID NOT ELECT THOSE GODDAMNABLE COCKSUCKERS SO THEY COULD WASTE CONGRESS'S TIME DEMONSTRATING THEIR FUCKING READING ABILITY!

IT IS JUST A FUCKING SMOKESCREEN TO DIVERT ATTENTION FROM THE FACT THAT IT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVEN TO THE WORLD AFTER ONLY 2 DAYS IN OFFICE WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING LYING HYPOCRITE ASSHOLES THEY ARE!!!

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WUhUYCZEBc4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WUhUYCZEBc4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Supposedly they were going to "edit" out the parts that were nullified by later amendments, such as the 3/5 thing. Depends on whose turn it is to read when they get to that part, I guess.

If it's Rand Paul, he'll probably go with the original wording, and light up a cross on the House floor while he's doing it.
                rand's in the senate. (plus, i'm pretty sure he can't actually read...)

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                  rand's in the senate. (plus, i'm pretty sure he can't actually read...)
                  Boner, you're falling into the bitterness trap like the rest of your socio-liberal friends here. Stop it! You are better than that.
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

The Dems helped in the process. Most likely the first time most of the Democrats heard the US Constitution, so it was a good exercise for them.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Why don't they just do their Pledge of Allegiance™ ?

I pledge allegiance,
                      To the corporation that pays me the most to fuck over the diminishing middle class,
                      And amasses wealth for the top 1% while wages have fallen or remained stagnate for the last 30 years,
                      And we will continue to turn America into a plutocracy...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Boner, you're falling into the bitterness trap like the rest of your socio-liberal friends here. Stop it! You are better than that.
                        Ladies and gentleman let's hear it for the mark.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

$1.1 Million for that dog-and-pony show....

Republicans to Spend $1.1 Million Reciting Constitution on House Floor
                          by Juli Weiner January 4, 2011, 4:30 PM

As we reported this morning, House Republicans will kick-start the 112th Congress tomorrow with a spirited recitation of the Constitution, a document whose recent relevance is due largely to the ideological and sartorial interests of the Tea Party. It’s an opening act designed to herald the arrival of a new season of checks, balances, and financial cutbacks. As Politico’s nocturnal prophet Mike Allen reported, House Republicans plan to reduce Congress’s budget by $32.5 million—a savings reaped from cutting “the amount authorized for salaries and expenses of Member, committee, and leadership offices in 2011 and 2012.”

It would seem that in an era of Fiscal Responsibility™, a performative rendition of the Constitution might have been one such eliminated endeavor. For an estimate on just how much the Republicans would have saved if they had decided against the tedious exercise, VF Daily checked with Peter Keating, the co-author of “The Cost of No” and VF.com’s resident expert on Congressional wastefulness.

According to Keating:

The amount I get is nearly $1.1 million. $1,071,872.87, to be exact, though of course this is more back-of-the-envelope than exact.
                          When one chamber of Congress is in session but not working, we the people still have to pay for members’ salaries and expenses, and for their police protection, and for keeping their lights and phones and coffee machines on. Even Eric Cantor (R-VA) and Mike Pence (R-IN) combined don’t blow enough hot air to heat the Capitol in January.

To get this estimate, I took the total FY 2011 costs for House salaries and expenses and House office buildings, then added half the costs of joint House-Senate expenses, the CBO, the Capitol Police and the Capitol power plant. Then I divided that sum by 205, the number of days the House was in session last year, then divided again by 24 (the number of hours in a day) and multiplied by 3 (the estimated length in hours of members reading the Constitution). It might not take three hours to read the document, but on the other hand, Congress is usually in session for considerably less than 205 days a year. Also, I didn’t include staff costs, since most aides will probably be working through the reading. But not all will be, so overall I think this is a conservative estimate.
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Best quote I heard about this bullshit exercise in reading the ABRIDGED version of the Constitution...

"They are reading it like a sacred text" (when the document is) "highly imperfect -You are not supposed to worship your constitution. You are supposed to govern your government by it." - Jerry Nadler
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                              oh, i'm not bitter. there are plenty of likeable republicans. hell, the knuckleboehner's relatively ok with the speaker, himself. but rand paul's out there. not because he wants smaller (even dramatically smaller) government. but because his attacks on the 14th amendment, et al, show a decided lack of common sense. you can be a firebrand without being a complete fool. i disagree with his pops in almost all aspects, but he's not the fool i think rand is.

Comment

Working...