• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

NAMM 2011 (EVH Booth content)

Nothing ground breaking here... the dude does mention something about 'Ed's musical adventures this week..' which I take to mean hitting the studio...

Last edited by jhale667; 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM. Reason: All-inclusive title
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Three things caught my eye.

1. The set-neck Wolfgang looks suspiciously as if Ed decided to reinvent a Les Paul.
    2. The downsized 5150 III head seems like a very, very practical concept.
    3. EVH still haven't gotten away from that ghastly method of truss rod adjustment, which leaves a huge gouge in the top fret. Christ, that looks idiotically ugly, and could just as easily been rendered in the peg head, rather than needlessly ruining a fret (and the look of the guitar).

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
      3. EVH still haven't gotten away from that ghastly method of truss rod adjustment, which leaves a huge gouge in the top fret. Christ, that looks idiotically ugly, and could just as easily been rendered in the peg head, rather than needlessly ruining a fret (and the look of the guitar).
      The tech guys I've talked to all love that feature... I've been told it makes adjustments very easy... personally, I don't mind it...
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I'd definitely check out that 50 watt head. I'd like to know more about the controls and shared controls but me likey.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
          The tech guys I've talked to all love that feature... I've been told it makes adjustments very easy... personally, I don't mind it...
          Oh, I'm sure it is practical and all that, but think about it: How often do you need to make that particular adjustment? The gap could just as easily be covered in the peg head with a piece of plastic, as on a Les Paul headstock, which incidentally, the guitar most completely resembles.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Oh, I'm sure it is practical and all that, but think about it: How often do you need to make that particular adjustment? The gap could just as easily be covered in the peg head with a piece of plastic, as on a Les Paul headstock, which incidentally, the guitar most completely resembles.

Fou you and I like never. For jhale who most likely sleeps with his guitars he may have to use it often. I agree with you though I think it looks like shit.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
              Fou you and I like never. For jhale who most likely sleeps with his guitars he may have to use it often. I agree with you though I think it looks like shit.
              The only reasoning for it that comes to mind is some difficulty with the locking nut placement. Yet even that could be remedied by putting the adjustment for the truss rod on the reverse side of the headstock. But still, why on Earth would you need a locking nut on a stop tailpiece equipped guitar?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

The only reasoning for it that comes to mind is some difficulty with the locking nut placement. Yet even that could be remedied by putting the adjustment for the truss rod on the reverse side of the headstock. But still, why on Earth would you need a locking nut on a stop tailpiece equipped guitar?
                Honestly I don't know.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

A bit of footage of Ed at the his own booth

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

when is that new jacket comin' out for sale? i haven't seen him recently without it...
                    Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM. Reason: boobs
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Ha! Funny how Ed taps that guy on the shoulder when he's playing the EVH-style riffs..

Goddamnit, I want some footage of Ed playing that fucking thing... come on internets, don't fail me now!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Great to see Ed sober and smiling...
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ed looks like he just rolled out of bed.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                            Ha! Funny how Ed taps that guy on the shoulder when he's playing the EVH-style riffs..
                            HAHA! totally dude. That made me giggle a little. Ed liked it. Although if it was me, he woulda hated my hack intro to Aint Talkin Bout Love. 25 years & I still barely have that phucker down. Not even really.

(I can still play it better than Slash did at that God-awful R&R Hall Of Fame version)
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

If yer sittin there and Ed is next to you and you wanna impress him, try a few Jeff Beck licks...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...