Van halen producer : Ross hogarth from classic rock mag uk !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilelvisintn
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Dec 2008

Van halen producer : Ross hogarth from classic rock mag uk !!

just picked up the latest classic rock from uk today..has a short thing about them recording in january..he produced motley crue and faster pussycat...anyone know which albums??
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

This same story was "reported" by the ever-so-credible melodicrock three months ago, but has never been verified (VAN HALEN Reportedly Taps Producer ROSS HOGARTH For New Album - Nov. 16, 2010), mainly because Hogarth is an engineer, and not a producer.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by lilelvisintn
      just picked up the latest classic rock from uk today..has a short thing about them recording in january..he produced motley crue and faster pussycat...anyone know which albums??
      Girls Girls Girls and Wake Me When It's Over but he was the engineer in both cases not the producer.

As Chef says he is usually an engineer rather than a producer.

Full list at http://www.hoaxproductions.com/discography/

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Girls Girls Girls and Wake Me When It's Over but he was the engineer in both cases not the producer.

As Chef says he is usually an engineer rather than a producer.

Full list at http://www.hoaxproductions.com/discography/
        both of which are epically engineered!! cannot wait to see how his engineering prowess has emerged over the years. here's to great engineering
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• CROWBAR
          Commando
          • Sep 2004

Hmm, the newsdesk says it another guy named John Shanks.

John Shanks is one of the hottest and most influential producers working today. On top of that, he is a hit songwriter and accomplished guitar player. John has produced and/or written 43 #1 singles, 119 Top 5 singles, 67 #1 albums, 172 Top 10 albums, and over 60 million records sold in the genres of Rock, Pop and Country music. He is also a six time GRAMMY nominee including a win for Producer of the Year in 2005. “John’s records have become the sound of Top Forty Radio,” Clive Davis told Rolling Stone. “He’s the father of that guitar-driven kind of pop sound.”

John Shanks has worked with Miley Cyrus, Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow, Santana, Rod Stewart, Melissa Etheridge, Alanis Morissette, Hilary Duff, Train’s Pat Monahan, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Pink, Liz Phair, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt, and many more.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

I'm not impressed...

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Blabbermouth: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=152618

Well, he has worked with giants of music before...references: Kelly Clarkson's booty, Jeesica Simpson's tits, Bon Jovi's asshole and now Van Halen!!!
              Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                I'm not impressed...

Will you be impressed with his resume' once Van Halen is listed as a band he has worked with?

Probably not.

I think the only way these guys can impress you is if the original 4 VH members come to your house, take you out for a steak & lobster dinner, get you 2 gorgeous hookers, and play Fair Warning in full in your living room while you do your damnedest to give the naked hookers equal amounts of your lil Elvis.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe

Well, he has worked with giants of music before...references:, Bon Jovi's asshole

I got $10 that says Jon Bon Jovi has his butthole bleached.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    I got $10 that says Jon Bon Jovi has his butthole bleached.
                    Perhaps, but I'd be willing to bet twice that much that the teeth within it are.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                      On top of that, he is a hit songwriter and accomplished guitar player.
                      I wonder if he can play bass...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Ya know what? If this Shanks dude and Irving Azoff can help VH attain even half the success they should have and make them somehow realevent in todays music eye. I'm all for it.
                        Joe Public needs to understand that the only VH worth it's weight in gold has Diamond Dave at the mic. ....
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I wonder if he can play bass...
                          Good question. It won't matter though, because Ed will probably be playing bass and giving Tubbo all the credit.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                            Good question. It won't matter though, because Ed will probably be playing bass and giving Tubbo all the credit.
                            Considering Ed's general ineptitude for bass playing, giving someone else the credit would be a good idea.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Ya know what? If this Shanks dude and Irving Azoff can help VH attain even half the success they should have and make them somehow realevent in todays music eye. I'm all for it.
                              Joe Public needs to understand that the only VH worth it's weight in gold has Diamond Dave at the mic. ....
                              VAN HALEN IS NOW CUNTSIDERED CLASSIC ROCK

Wake up jimmy, it's thirty years on and wolf is on bass...

Comment

Working...