PDA

View Full Version : Flogging Molly

Blaze
01-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Greetings!
I have quit asking, "Do you know this band?"

Too often I receive a puzzled look of "Did you just step off of Neptune?"

I think this link goes to a full tune, but I do not know ( my bandwidth is restricted).

I would like to know if it is a full song like it says, or the 30 seconds like I am getting.....

Anyway, I recall Flogging Molly. I more than recall Flogging Molly. I remeber Flogging Molly.

I recall they played regularly. I would make my way to hear them when I could. I recall they (the female I think) would always go out of her way to drag me on stage with them. I would not sing with them as I was too shy, even when the club was empty, but I would dance and play a suitable percussion from their stock.

The memories are fragmented, but documented. I recall the Flogging Molly as some of my most treasured memories. Because they greeted me warmly, but I always felt guilty that I visited when I needed to rest.

So, if someone would.... tell me if it is my bandwidth that is not allowing me to partake of a very fond memory. I would beholding.

Please follow this link for a "Sign up and download "Don't Shut 'Em Down," the first single off of Flogging Molly's forthcoming studio album -
for FREE!"

http://cinderblock.com/floggingmolly/signup.html

I am only getting 30 seconds.... :(

Diamondjimi
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Flogging Molly? Is that the same thing as a : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3aQ-bUp4TJU/RndVZkX5m2I/AAAAAAAAAEo/nqdsLt2BNsg/s320/cooter-punch.jpg

Blaze
01-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Just tell me if the fanagled thing works, Jimi. And leave your weird sexual deviance in your private quarters. M'Kay Thanks

Diamondjimi
01-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Just tell me if the fanagled thing works, Jimi.

Cooter punch? Although I haven't tried one before, I've heard they're quite effective... ;)

Little Texan
01-20-2011, 03:06 AM
:lmao:

Mr Walker
01-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Dave King was killer on the 1st two Fastway albums.

Blaze
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Cooter punch? Although I haven't tried one before, I've heard they're quite effective... ;)

Gee, thanks for that helpful information.

Blaze
01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Dave King was killer on the 1st two Fastway albums.

Thanks after some reading, I am going to go try to pull some of his work.

~
I only recall but a few brief quipits of a few momments. I am almost sure I had some of their music.

~ You know, I say I was shy, but that is not completely forthright, I am/was shy, but it is about my memory. Even back then I had to have music to read or I could not remember a song all the way through.
That was not so tough to admit, as I thought it was going to be.

;) one advantage of that is I do musical improvisation really well.

FORD
01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Just listened to that first Fastway album the other day for the first time in years. Still say it was a better album than either "Metal Health" or "Pyromania", the two albums that got all the attention that year. And of all the Zeppelin wannabe bands of the 80's, they were probably the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUCznIaFlw

FORD
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrU4zNlW_U

ThrillsNSpills
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Flogging Molly? Is that the same thing as a : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3aQ-bUp4TJU/RndVZkX5m2I/AAAAAAAAAEo/nqdsLt2BNsg/s320/cooter-punch.jpg

Congratulations.
It's a fist.
:)

When I think of Zep wannabes I think of that Kingdom Come song that got some airplay (Get it On?)
And then the Ozzy and Gary Moore song Led Clones which seemed to be intentionally hypocritical . But there were many more.
None of the Led Clone bands had the power of John Henry Bonham though.

kwame k
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
True dat :beers8:

Diamondjimi
01-20-2011, 02:11 PM
What's worse than a Zeppelin clone band?

A Van Halen clone band!

kwame k
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Any band Ace is in????????

chefcraig
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
None of the Led Clone bands had the power of John Henry Bonham though.

Perversely enough, Led Zeppelin signed their own Led Clone to the band's Swan Song vanity label in the mid seventies. They were known as Detective, featuring Robert Palmer's future replacement in the Power Station and all around numbskull Michael DesBarres. Robert Plant even mocked DesBarres in interviews at the time as being a suitable stand in for him in Zep, as DesBarres pretty much had Plant's act down cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLof-GKWOo

kwame k
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Amazing find, Craig!!!

In the first 19 seconds of that clip the drummer rips off When the Levee Breaks and D'yer Mak'er.........there's a couple other Bonham riffs in there, too.

FORD
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that guy sounds more like Bonzo than Jason Bonham does. :biggrin:

kwame k
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Speaking of which, have you seen any footage of The Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience?

Here's Kashmir

Jesus Christ
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Not bad, but there's just something "wrong" with a Plant like voice coming from a bald guy :(

ThrillsNSpills
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I think there should be employed dudes in cop uniforms that go on stage and give musicians tickets for musical unacceptables. "I;m sorry Mr. Holdsworth, but you put 48,325 notes in that last solo where it only called for 32,763 notes; I'm gonna have to give you a ticket.
The solo section was only 10 seconds long for Christs sake.

Other offenders are ANY band that covers the Beatles or Led Zeppelin. I know we're all purists with regard to chemistry of bands who obviously have it, but nobody can capture the nuances and feeling of these two bands and I'm sure you have some that would go on the list.
When I see clips of bands like "Rain" or Beatlemania it just sounds like a sack of assholes even if they do the notes properly. It never cuts it, there's never any goosebump factor. (I could have thrown VH in there but just recently saw someone who actually played Eruption well, from Gear Street actually) Ralph from the punks does a decent Roth.

Anyway with regard to Kasmir, there's a great extra on the DVD It Might Get Loud..(Jimmy Page, Edge, Jack White guitar doc) where it's just Page playing Kasmir and it's extraordinary. You can tell these guys were in it for the passion. You guys should check that out if you haven't already. and yes, the very first example of the Edge was a demo of the jingly shit that sounds like Christmas... lmao
Actually I like the U2 tune from that Batman soundtrack but pretty much because it sounds like Jimmy Page type fills.

GreenBayLA
01-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Back to Flogging Molly, I didn't sign up for song but I did meet Dave King 15 years ago at early solo show at Molly Malones in LA. He explained he wasn't doing heavy rock anymore, now singing about more heartfelt stuff and hoped we liked it. We did. Flogging Molly was formed shortly thereafter and he rocked hard in a different, Celtic way.

Mr Walker
01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Now that I think of it... I caught the end of a Flogging Molly show on PalladiaHD a while back... I think his wife is with the band, or at least she was playing with them... violin I think.

Diamondjimi
01-21-2011, 08:06 PM
What's worse than a Zeppelin clone band?

A Van Halen clone band!

Any band Ace is in????????

:lol: