• Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Last night of Countdown w/Keith Obermann

But yet all that crap on fox exists??!!
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I was flipping through the channels and just caught that ending. What happened?
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

He announced tonight was his last show.... NBC is either terminating his contract or is not renewing it, don't know the current status of it....

Not coincidentally, the Comcast acquisition of NBC Universal just took effect a few days ago.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

First casualty of the Comca$t takeover, which just got the green light from the corporate corrupted FCC yesterday.

After their blatant denials that they would do anything to change the NBC news division.

Fucking lying cocksucking sons of bitches.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

I'm being dead serious here...I get the feeling Fox may make a move for him...

Don't know if he'd take the cash, but everyone has their price.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme

Know this, Keith Olbermann is no Alan Colmes....

My money is on CNN.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Know this, Keith Olbermann is no Alan Colmes....

My money is on CNN.....
              Why it would be great hire by them.

Think of him and O'Reilly squaring off, knowing that the two can't stand each other.

The other thing I believe Fox could offer him, is a gig w/ FOX Sports. Dude loves baseball, and would love to cover the World Series.

...which could add that he could anchor at MLB network.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

MSNBC announced Friday night that its marquee "Countdown" anchor and talk show host Keith Olbermann was out. The network did not provide a reason for his abrupt departure.

"MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" will be this evening. MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors," NBC Universal said in a statement.

Olbermann and his bosses have clashed in recent months. He was suspended in November for two days after revelations that he gave donations to a Democratic political candidate, which was a violation of the company's ethics policies for news employees.
                um ok

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Liberal TV talkmeister Keith Olbermann quit his job at MSNBC last night, a few weeks after he was suspended by the cable network for making political donations.

MSNBC confirmed Olbermann was leaving in a terse statement issued minutes after he announced his departure on the air during his "Countdown" show.

"MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors," the network said.

Olbermann was yanked off the air in November after reporters uncovered his donations to the campaigns of two Democratic Congressional candidates in Arizona and one in Kentucky.

Management said the donations violated company policy, especially since Olbermann didn't disclose them.

Olbermann returned to the air weeks later in his prime time 8 to 9 p.m. slot.

He is known for tormenting conservatives, especially former-President Bush.

For months, Olbermann signed off his show by reminding viewers of the number of days since Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1BjBYsvy0
                  So... did he quit?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Keith Olbermann is leaving MSNBC, the "Countdown" host announced on his show Friday night.

The liberal commentator said he had been told "this was going to be the last edition" of his show but offered no further details.

The cable news network confirmed the news in a statement Friday night.

"MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast
                    of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" will be this evening. MSNBC thanks
                    Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in
                    his future endeavors."

Olbermann announced his departure at the end of his show Friday night in his typical deadpan style, evoking scenes from the film "Network" and thanking viewers for keeping him on the air for six years.

"In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said, launching into a story about his exit from ESPN 13 years ago.

"As God as my witness, in the commercial break just before the emotional moment, the producer got into my earpiece and he said, 'um, can you cut it down to 15 seconds so we get in this tennis result from Stuttgart,'" he said, half-smiling, pausing for composure.

"So I'm grateful I have a little more time to sign off here. Regardless this is the last edition of Countdown."
                    wut??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Why it would be great hire by them.

Think of him and O'Reilly squaring off, knowing that the two can't stand each other.

The other thing I believe Fox could offer him, is a gig w/ FOX Sports. Dude loves baseball, and would love to cover the World Series.

...which could add that he could anchor at MLB network.
                      It's fairly simple, because FOX doesn't want anyone chipping away at their machine, which is basically what it has become, to their credit....

Their last liberal, Colmes, was a puppet for Hannity.... Olbermann won't get close to FOX....

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

I doubt it. I don't think Keith would be able to cash a FOX paycheck and look any of his fans in the eye ever again.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Carloscda
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2009

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc78ada9" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=41201922&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc78ada9" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=41201922&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                            I was flipping through the channels and just caught that ending. What happened?
                            Can't hang with the big boys...

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              Can't hang with the big boys...
                              Right, according to AP, he only had the network's highest rated show.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...