X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BARE BONE
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

VAN HALEN Drummer: 'We've Matured'

VAN HALEN frontman Sammy Hagar has told USA Today that he can't see the sense of dissecting unresolved squabbles with his newly reunited bandmates, as METALLICA did with their traveling therapist in the new documentary "Some Kind of Monster."

"We already went through the misery once," said Hagar. "Why relive a horrible experience? If you take a spiritual approach, you can rise above it. It's working for us so far."

Asked if this reunion will flame out like the old one did, VAN HALEN drummer Alex Van Halen said, "We've matured. It's a bad word that I don't allow in my household, but there's truth to it. The creative tension is still there, which is great. As for other stuff, I'll speak for myself. We made a mistake. The whole thing unraveled. We were buddies for 11 years, and all of a sudden it stopped. We were rash, things blew apart very fast and uncontrollably, and it ain't going to happen again.

"We're all grown-ups," he added, "and we'll take full responsibility for what happened, but there were outside forces that tried to drive wedges between people, and you don't always get the full picture. Before you know it, decisions are being made for you and you look back and say, 'How the hell did that happen?' "

VAN HALEN's reunion tour with Sammy Hagar gets underway June 11 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The group's first new material since 1998's "Van Halen III" will come in the shape of the upcoming "Best of Both Worlds" retrospective, due July 20 via Warner Bros.
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: VAN HALEN Drummer: 'We've Matured'

Originally posted by BARE BONE

"We're all grown-ups," he added, "and we'll take full responsibility for what happened, but there were outside forces that tried to drive wedges between people, and you don't always get the full picture. Before you know it, decisions are being made for you and you look back and say, 'How the hell did that happen?' "

Well geezus Alex, maybe it happenned because you married the fucking bastard's sister and left the door wide open for him.

But at least you finally realized Danniels was manipulating your ass. Too bad you didn't realize that in the Summer of 1996
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gslinger
      Foot Soldier
      • May 2004

Re: Re: VAN HALEN Drummer: 'We've Matured'

Originally posted by FORD
      Well geezus Alex, maybe it happenned because you married the fucking bastard's sister and left the door wide open for him.

But at least you finally realized Danniels was manipulating your ass. Too bad you didn't realize that in the Summer of 1996

No kiddinggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by gslinger; 06-09-2004, 08:35 PM.
      <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
      "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
      </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
      <center>
      "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
      <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• gslinger
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2004

Alex
        "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
        </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
        <center>
        "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>

Comment

• VANHALEN2004
          Head Fluffer
          • May 2004

Now why can't they feel like this with Dave? I mean is he that hard to get along with?

Comment

• gslinger
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

Originally posted by VANHALEN2004
            Now why can't they feel like this with Dave? I mean is he that hard to get along with?

<center>Ya know, if you would quit hanging out in men’s bathrooms, getting high off smelling crap all day long, maybe you wouldn’t make such stupid clueless comments.</center>
            <center>

Comment

• Antman
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Poopie turds. Cool.
              When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Yes they have Matured. To the point where they are willing to proudly throw another half assed attempt on the public. Maturity, or Senility ??
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• fanofdave
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Matured like cheese

they matured, all right. just like a block of cheese;
                  it just keeps getting stinkier and stinkier.

spammy van haggis must go. far away.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                    Commando
                    • May 2004

Oh, real mature, Ed states he is back and black and chasing young white meat. Sounds real mature for a guy pushing 50. Leave the fancy quips to DLR. He was famous for his one liners.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

matured? read the lyrics to Up For Breakfast and get back to me.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Yeah, IT'S ABOUT TIME is maturing?? To me that's about getting old. It's like an old man walking around a fashion show and then enjoying his hard on in a bathroom stall.

Fucking losers.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...