PDA

View Full Version : American Idol 2011

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok so my life will be consumed by this whether I like it or not so I am dragging you down with me.

First of all Tyler and Jaylo really make the show new and interesting. If you don't watch it now is the time to do so. As a friend of mine said I'll tune in to watch some guy in a sponge bob suit make an ass out of himslef. That's basically what you get in the audition shows.

More to follow............................:biggrin:

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I like it...

Steven tyler and J-Lo are both good...

Good riddance to Ellen the degenerate no-talent lesbian...

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I like it...

:baaa:

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I like it...

Speaking of fags.:biggrin:

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:39 PM

Terry
01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Can't be bothered.

It's just a Star Search rip off. Bunch of cheesy karoke by marginally talented people.

Why will your life be consumed by this if you like it or not? I've been able to steer clear of it for a decade now without any effort.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Ok so my life will be consumed by this :

geez, take up guzzlin' whiskey.....it'll leave ya better off.

Seshmeister
01-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Speaking of fags.:biggrin:

Brett's mum has got it going on.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
NOW LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M WATCHIN' "CUT OFF" ON VH1:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
NOW LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M WATCHIN' "CUT OFF" ON VH1:biggrin:

eesh, had an acehole moment there...

POJO_Risin
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I watched some of the clips of Tyler on Hulu...and he's funny as shit...

Of course...it is moderately disturbing watching him hit on 16-year-olds....

but par for the course I'm sure...

Jagermeister
01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
geez, take up guzzlin' whiskey.....it'll leave ya better off.

Come on dumb asses my wife likes to watch the show so by default I have little or no choice. She watches football with me so I can't complain.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Come on dumb asses my wife likes to watch the show so by default I have little or no choice. She watches football with me so I can't complain.

do you own books or perhaps another tv?

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM

effin' fuckin' dupes :baaa:

Jagermeister
01-25-2011, 10:41 AM
do you own books or perhaps another tv?

It's not that bad.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 10:44 AM
so it isn't really goin' to "consume" your life....then fine.

Jagermeister
01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
so it isn't really goin' to "consume" your life....then fine.

I'll watch it as long as Obama doesn't pre empt it.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll watch it as long as Obama doesn't pre empt it.

i'm gonna watch two weeks of greenbay packer hype!!

diamondsgirl
01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I just got caught up on last weeks episodes and so far I have not seen any one with any star quality at all.

Tyler is funny as hell and very straight to the point. He sings along with people and even ad libs his screams into their songs. And then tells them "no". LOL.

Jagermeister
01-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Pretty good show last night. Tyler was on fire. Best line of the night? Hell fire and save matches fuck a duck and see what hatches! :biggrin:

About 38 seconds in.

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/Recaps/

ELVIS
01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
That sixteen year old country dude was good...

Jagermeister
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
That sixteen year old country dude was good...

So was the tall blonde. The Harvard grad.

Jagermeister
01-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Well they had to go and do it again. Stormy yeah that's right Stormy at about 2:24 in on this. Damn she is just hot bit she can't sing that good. So Randy and Tyler send her through anyway. Check out he last chick that sings. Now she is good and if she lays off the fast food and loses 50 pounds she would be cute to.

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/recaps/

Jagermeister
01-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Jagermeister
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
This is the chick they think is "the one".

http://www.toofab.com/videos/?autoplay=true&mediaKey=90f9b277-c733-4225-a6a7-f27c57142fb1&isShareURL=true

Jagermeister
01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
This is the girl they thought was "the one"

http://www.toofab.com/videos/?autoplay=true&mediaKey=90f9b277-c733-4225-a6a7-f27c57142fb1&isShareURL=true

GreenBayLA
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah I got sucked in because of Tyler. Never watched more than a few minutes here or there in the past. It's mildly entertaining, Tyler is funny, good chemistry w. JLo. I'll keep an eye on it but that's about it.

78/84 guy
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
The kid watches so I check it out. Steven is great on it. I think the show would suck without Randy after I watched a couple of them. Simon was funny sometimes. Overall I think the show is a joke but a couple people got lucky after being on it so...... It's worth a laugh. Tyler has the camera guy laughing on a couple shows so far. I think if he was bored what the hell !! At least he isn't out writing the third bad Aerosmith album. I would go see them live still.

hambon4lif
02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Having Tyler on the show was a good idea and something they should've done a long time ago.

The main reason is because the cuntestants who respond negatively to constructive critisism can't use that tired angle of "can you do better?". They got away with that with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeTacoslapper because they weren't singers themselves. They can't pull that shit with Tyler because he's a professional and can sing at the drop of a hat, and if they were stupid enough to challenge him, he'd just get out of his chair, push them out of the way and take their punk asses to school.
They should consider it a blessing to get any kind of advice from someone of that caliber.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
i'm over here, kwame :baaa:

Jagermeister
02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Killer show last night. That last guy was really good. At first I was like O great another Lambert but this guy isn't gay. I'll dig up some clips in a bit.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Hurry!!!

Mr Walker
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Killer show last night. That last guy was really good. At first I was like O great another Lambert but this guy isn't gay. I'll dig up some clips in a bit.

That dude was a let down. When he said he had tourettes I was hoping that he'd start flipping out when he got up there....
"I'm here to be :******: the next American :FAT-ASS: Idol :COCKSUCKER:!!!!

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
That dude was a let down. When he said he had tourettes I was hoping that he'd start flipping out when he got up there....
"I'm here to be :******: the next American :FAT-ASS: Idol :COCKSUCKER:!!!!

:lmao:

He is in there at about 4 minutes I think. Last night's show was a let down IMO. Cept for the dude that begged for a second chance. Randy was like "one shot!"

Mr Walker
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice article on Steven in the NY Times... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/arts/television/13idol.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

Some funny lines...

Mr. Tyler’s face alone is worthy of a weekly show, loose skin slippery over a distant skeleton. He’s a Claymation figure come to life, all elasticity and wrinkle. He dresses like a shaman, a time-traveling dandy or a runaway hippie teen. His grin is wide and white, like the Joker’s, and when he’s laughing, really he’s braying.

So far he’s been an astute critic, quickly cutting to the bone of a performance and articulating what was executed well, and not. He’s learned to keep his eyes shut during grating performances, and to tilt his head back just enough to feign attention. Occasionally he’ll regard the performers with exaggerated attention, as if happening upon zoo animals mating.

It’s all part of Mr. Tyler’s air of indestructibility, of untethered masculinity, dulled just enough by age to seem harmless. But it threatens to be reprehensible: nowhere else on television is a 62-year-old man able to make eyes, and loose comments, at young women roughly one-quarter his age. It’s sanctioned catcalling, with moist remarks aplenty: “You had me sold from the second you laid eyes on me.” “Where is your pitchfork, you little devil?”

Though he treats his alphaness as a punch line, he’s serious about it. “Steve, you want to go first?” Ms. Lopez asked him after one audition. “Steven,” Mr. Tyler replied, not joking.

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Some of those things are not very nice at all. How the fuck would this person know what it looks like to show
exaggerated attention, as if happening upon zoo animals mating WTF?

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/primetime/pint/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="repeat=0&intl=us&vid=24028799&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/primetime/pint/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="repeat=0&intl=us&vid=24028799&"></embed></object></div>

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Some of those things are not very nice at all. How the fuck would this person know what it looks like to show WTF?

The writer is a fool who's obviously jealous of Mr. Tyler...

Mr Walker
02-25-2011, 08:57 AM
That little chubby kid should have asked J-Lo to take his virginity so he'd have something to brag to his pals about back at school... I think she might have did it.
If America is cool with Steven getting pseudo-lap dances from 15 year-olds, then why not?

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
I haven't seen any pseudo-lap dances...

Mr Walker
02-25-2011, 09:03 AM
I haven't seen any pseudo-lap dances...

When they sat him on that chair and all danced around him singing 'some kind of wonderful'

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh...

At least it wasn't Nugent...:biggrin:

Mr Walker
02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I am sold on this season... Tyler is fucking awesome.
This could have been a huge disaster, but thanks to Steven they are pulling this off IMO.

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I like J-lo too...

Mr Walker
02-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I like J-lo too...

I like when she wears her hair down... not a fan of the 'Addicted to Love' pulled back hair bright red lipstick look.
She's a great foil to Steven... especially when they catch her slapping at him when he says something inappropriate.
What was it that he said last night? After the Tourettes kid sang? Something to the effect of "What's that shit? Tourettes? Give me a shot of that!". He's so genuine that he can pull a statement like that off. He belongs on TV.

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
"I'll have what he's having!"

Mr Walker
05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
According to Examiner.com, LED ZEPPELIN's 'What Is And What Should Never Be' will reportedly be heard on American Idol as one of the choices for the show Wednesday night. The parents of HALEY REINHART were at the Monday council meeting of the Village of Wheeling, Illinois and gave some surprise details of the Led Zeppelin song to be used on Wednesday night’s Idol performances

According to Haley’s parents, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant reached out to the American Idol executives and gave permission for the Idol hopeful to use any of their singles for a performance.

“Jimmy Page and Robert Plant has never given any permission to use a Led Zeppelin songs to Idol. When they heard Haley do THE ANIMALS' ‘House Of The Rising Sun’ they contacted Idol and said if she wants to do one of our songs she can,” explained Haley’s mom to the city council. “When you get that kind of offer you do it.”

Read more here.

Three finalists - Lauren Alania, Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart - will tackle three separate tunes on the Idol stage in Los Angeles on Wednesday night. The songs were selected by judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, mentor Jimmy Iovine and the singers themselves.

Mr Walker
05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Didn't someone do 'Whole Lotta Love' a few seasons ago?

Jagermeister
05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I am still pissed off that James got voted off. Fuck You America!

Jagermeister
05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Didn't someone do 'Whole Lotta Love' a few seasons ago?

lol. I can't see Scotty McQueery doing a Zep song. I bet Haley tears it up though. She's cute.

Mr Walker
05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I am still pissed off that James got voted off. Fuck You America!

The fag that sang a Hagar song?
Fuck him!

Jagermeister
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
lol. I can't see Scotty McQueery doing a Zep song. I bet Haley tears it up though. She's cute.

I was right.

Jagermeister
05-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure America got it right. Haley was voted off. It's all cuntry now folks.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure America got it right. palin wasn't voted in. It's all cuntry now folks.

:hee:

Mr Walker
05-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Thank goodness for DVR's...

I buzzed through the finale last night since I like to see who shows up... here's some of my random thoughts.
-I had a feeling Priest would be there. I knew they just did a presser in LA and I knew they'd have to find a metal band to play with the tourettes kid and given that he did a Priest song earlier in the season, it seemed like a no brainer. I didn't watch it. Halford looks very lazy... even in fast forward. If he doesn't give a shit, why should I.
-J Lo is very sexy... I don't care how big or old she is.
-For a song that I would think most women would find offensive... I have never met a person, male or female, who doesn't love 'Fat Bottomed Girls'... it really is sad that Freddie isn't around today. The way the gay pendulum has swung, he would now be the biggest icon on the planet.
-Off on a tangent... Brian Johnson said he'd rather "saw off his foreskin with a rusty saw" than appear on American Idol... gotta remember to DL his new book.
-Tom Jones FTW... looks good, sounds better and his latest album 'Praise & Blame' is the best album he has ever released.
-I loved what I perceived was this 'one-up manship' that went on through the show... First Beyonce performs... J'Lo says 'you aren't outdoing me bitch'... Lady GaGa says 'fuck the both of you, I'm putting on a show'... Beyonce says 'fuck you bitch, I'm doing another song'... U2 says 'fuck all of you, we're closing this show'... then Steven Tyler says 'to fuck with the whole lot of you, I'm the fucking headliner'.
-I didn't realize until I read it this morning, but that was Dean and Robert of STP playing with Steven last night. I didn't recognize them in fast forward... if I did, I probably would have watched it. I figured ST just threw a bunch of scabs together since the rest of his band said they were too busy to come out and support him. Kind of a no win situation... it's a bitch move to play on idol, but it's also a bitch move not to have your singer's back if he needs you.
-I was surprised the George W looking kid won, I thought the Kirstie Alley looking chick was a lock.
-Who would have guessed that at the end of each season, Kirstie Alley would have looked thinner after DWTS than her 16 year old look alike did on AI.

Jagermeister
05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
:umm: You got all that from fast forward.

I didn't see all of it. Am going back to watch the Priest part tonight. At first I thought Steven can't sing anymore but he ended up bringin it. What I did see of it was good. Memorable show. I thought the McQueery kid would win. And Carrie Underwood is fucking smokin hot. That girl has some really nice legs.:headlights:

Mr Walker
05-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Either Carrie Underwood has a horrible figure or a horrible stylist... she looked like shit last night.

J-Lo > Carrie Underwood

Mr Walker
05-26-2011, 02:39 PM
:umm: You got all that from fast forward.

I stopped and watched stuff that looked interesting, which wasn't a whole hell of a lot.

Jagermeister
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Either Carrie Underwood has a horrible figure or a horrible stylist... she looked like shit last night.

J-Lo > Carrie Underwood

Ok Jay lo is hot also but Carie has nicer legs. :tongue0011:

Jagermeister
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Plus everyone looks like shit in fast forward.

Hardrock69
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Am glad Priest was on there. They are about to begin their final world tour. And, as I pointed out earlier in the year when the kid sang that other Priest tune with Zak Wylde, I am glad SOMEONE is representing Metal music on AI. And it was the world debut of their KK clone. That guy can shred, no doubt about it. And he even resembles Ken. Once Priest hangs it up, he will have to create a Metal band with tourettes kid.
That said, in general I ignore AI like the plague.

Was glad to see Tony Bennett was on there. He is the most legendary musical icon out of everyone who was on the show. Almost 85 years old and still kicking total ass!