Holy krap! Big 4 us tour dates announced tomorrow morning!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Holy krap! Big 4 us tour dates announced tomorrow morning!

TheBig4, The Bronx. 103,666 likes. Four of the heaviest bands of all time at Yankee Stadium on September 14th, 2011 - Tickets On Sale Ma

FUCKING HELL!
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-25-2011, 12:24 AM.
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Holy fuck dude!

Closest I ever came was the Clash Of The Titans tour

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Testament

But replacing Testament with Metallica? That's what I've always dreamt about. Especially after seeing them all jam on Am I Evil? OMG I can't wait to see this.

FUCK YOU LARS! Can't embed the officially pro-shot version anymore. I know that little twinkle toes tennis player had something to do with it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Why is Metallicas name the largest, the background a Metallica background, and "The Big 4" written in Metallica lettering?

They wouldn't be thinking they are bigger than the other 3 now would they? It's the big 4...not the kinda big 3 and Metallica.

Again, I blame Lars for this. If I ever meet him I'm gonna try real hard not to punch his giant forehead.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Dammit. Hope I have enough cash. Thing is, between this tour and possibly VH, there are going to be some tours seriously competing for the average ticket-buyer's dollar this year, due to the economy.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

This is really great & will sell out everywhere it goes. I am so glad Dave Ellefson & Joey Belladonna are back with their bands. It wouldn't feel like the Big 4 without them. Now if Mustaine could get back Nick Menza & Marty Friedman, I'd be happier than a pig in shit.

I hope they do something like the YouTube clip where they all jammed 1 song at the same time. EPIC!

May have to dust off my old steel toed Doc Martens for the show.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Got tickets for Sonisphere in the UK to see this. Can't fucking wait.

The performances from all four bands on the DVD that came out last year were all incredible. Having seen all four bands over the last few years, it's going to be close. Anthrax are the one's to watch here: chronically underated live and on record. Possible show stealers?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
              Why is Metallicas name the largest, the background a Metallica background, and "The Big 4" written in Metallica lettering?

They wouldn't be thinking they are bigger than the other 3 now would they? It's the big 4...not the kinda big 3 and Metallica.

Again, I blame Lars for this. If I ever meet him I'm gonna try real hard not to punch his giant forehead.
              The other bands will have agreed to this. I was surprised to read Mustaine speaking last year about how he happily let Slayer get billed above Megadeth - it seems everyone is just happy to be doing it.

Given that Metallica sell WAY more tickets than the other three combined, it makes business sense to lay it out like that.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The byline should be "FOUR BANDS - 1 KEY"

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Slayer will mop the floor with the other three...especially Metallica...

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

I will definitely get tickets....
                    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• kissfan1976
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2010

It's just going to be one show in California.

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

i'm fucking going!
                        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kissfan1976
                          It's just going to be one show in California.
                          Weird. Over in Indio at the same place they have the Burning Man festival I think. Kinda lame. I'd much rather a stadium where I can get an actual elevated seat in lodge section. Can actually see great that way. These open field shows are kinda lame cause you can hardly see the show and are constantly being pushed & shoved all over the place. And general admission on an open field is a young mans game. If I were still 19 I'd be all over it and pushing for as close to the stage as possible. At 39 I just want to watch the show & enjoy the tunes. Plenty of empty stadiums in Southern CA. Rose Bowl would have been great. Dodger Stadium even better. Qualcomm stadium the best.

Even San Bernardino where the US Fest was would have been better than Indio. Ozzfest is held there. Cool spot for a show.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Should have been at least 4 shows...So CA, East coast, Texas, Midwest. Too many fans are going to miss out on this.

And the So CA should have been closer to LA for people from around the country to fly in and see the show. Now they have to fly to LAX and then drive 2+ hours.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING SHIT!

Just now checked this out.

Motherfuckers. Like everyone who wants to see this can fly out to the fucking desert in Cali.

Comment

Working...