X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 51504VH
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2011

Switching over from VHND.

Whats up??? I am a long time Van Halen fan. My first time seeing them was at the '83 US Festival which was by far the craziest music festival I've ever been to. I wasn't a Sammy Hagar fan before he joined Van Halen (his music just never kicked me in the face) but because Eddie Van Halen was my guitar god, I wen't and saw them at the '86 Mosters of Rock and ended up leaving before the show was over. I am a firm believer that Sammy ruined my favorite hard rock band with all his love ballads. I turned from not being a "Sammy Fan" to just flat out having no respect for him after he acted like he "saved Van Halen and put them on the map". I also was never a huge fan of MA, I always felt like he was "Replaceable" if need be... so, the new line-up with Van Halen is just fine for me.

I have been on the Van Halen News Desk for the last few months but they really need to change their name to the (Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot/Van Hagar/Van Halen News Desk).

They blow up that site with a bunch of Hagar info that I could care less about and I find "Redheads" more annoying than a red headed step child. They demand that everyone respects Sammy Hagar and want's everyone to believe that he was Van Halen's best frontman and I find it draining.

I am well aware that we all have our own opinions and I usually have respect for others and their opinions but if I wan't to constantly hear about Sammy Haggar, I would go to his web site.

I am hoping that I can hear about the "Current Van Halen" there is no sense living in the past and arguing who Van Halen's best frontman was. There is only one Van Halen and thats when Dave is holding the mic.

I can't wait for the new album and tour!!!!!!!!!
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Welcome.....hope I beat Sarge's Little Helper for once. 1rst!

Yea I was at a house party at my friend's Matt's house that just so happened to overlook the Festival. Heard all the bands the whole time (little far away to see well though) but great weekend none the less.

Enjoy your stay!
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

3rd
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

To be fair, the VHND does what it can with the information available. There is no getting around the fact that the bunker-mentality of the Van Halen brain trust simply insures that little, if any news is available to report, other than merchandise to plunk upon it's fan base. By contrast, Sammy Hagar seems to believe that even his latest bowel movement is worthy of a press release.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
          Commando
          • Nov 2010

welcome!
          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Amen brother! Down with Hagar! Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay. Don't forget to hit me up with any bootlegs requests...
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 51504VH
              Whats up??? I am a long time Van Halen fan. My first time seeing them was at the '83 US Festival which was by far the craziest music festival I've ever been to. I wasn't a Sammy Hagar fan before he joined Van Halen (his music just never kicked me in the face) but because Eddie Van Halen was my guitar god, I wen't and saw them at the '86 Mosters of Rock and ended up leaving before the show was over. I am a firm believer that Sammy ruined my favorite hard rock band with all his love ballads. I turned from not being a "Sammy Fan" to just flat out having no respect for him after he acted like he "saved Van Halen and put them on the map". I also was never a huge fan of MA, I always felt like he was "Replaceable" if need be... so, the new line-up with Van Halen is just fine for me.

I have been on the Van Halen News Desk for the last few months but they really need to change their name to the (Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot/Van Hagar/Van Halen News Desk).

They blow up that site with a bunch of Hagar info that I could care less about and I find "Redheads" more annoying than a red headed step child. They demand that everyone respects Sammy Hagar and want's everyone to believe that he was Van Halen's best frontman and I find it draining.

I am well aware that we all have our own opinions and I usually have respect for others and their opinions but if I wan't to constantly hear about Sammy Haggar, I would go to his web site.

I am hoping that I can hear about the "Current Van Halen" there is no sense living in the past and arguing who Van Halen's best frontman was. There is only one Van Halen and thats when Dave is holding the mic.

I can't wait for the new album and tour!!!!!!!!!
              So if you're 37 now, that means in 1983 you were 10 years old when you saw Van Halen at the US Festival...
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Terry
                So if you're 37 now, that means in 1983 you were 10 years old when you saw Van Halen at the US Festival...
                or that he chooses not to give out his true date of birth.....
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                  or that he chooses not to give out his true date of birth.....
                  fair enough...I just thought it was pretty hip...
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 51504VH
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2011

Terry can count..what a smart guy.

There wasn't an age limit at the '83 US Festival or the '82 US Festival which I was at also. I was born and raised in San Bernardino, CA and lived less than a mile from Glen Helen where both US Festivals were held.

I was 9 in 1982 when I was at the '82 US Festival with my folks because they were big Fleetwood Mac fans.

I was 10 in 1983 when I was at the '83 US Festival with my sister because she was a huge Van Halen fan and I actually hated them because she liked them so much but I became a fan after seeing them that night.

There was major construction going on months prior to the '83 US Fest just for parking (alone) because there was 300,000 people there. all of the home owners in the surrounding area were givin free tickets due to all the hassles, people, and noise that the festival created.

So, to answer your question asshole...yes, I was only 10 years old with my 14 year old sister and all her 14 year old friends at the '83 US Fest.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

hey man, welcome and all that, but don't be pickin on terry. the dude's a legend.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole. Go back to the VHND.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole. Go back to the VHND.
                          Wow, slap and a hug... just when I'm about to compliment this guy on this pro-Roth stance, he goes and pulls some shit like this. I was actually about to post the same question as Terry - wow, 10 and seeing the Mighty VH?? - COOL! I'm torn.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                            Wow, slap and a hug... just when I'm about to compliment this guy on this pro-Roth stance, he goes and pulls some shit like this. I was actually about to post the same question as Terry - wow, 10 and seeing the Mighty VH?? - COOL! I'm torn.
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole.
                              Two posts in does seem a bit premature to arrive at such a conclusion....

...it took me at least 5.

Comment

Working...