PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden News

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 04:04 AM
van halen; take note.

no band in the history of loud music would ever even contemplate this.
get the whole show, the whole fucking lot, including a lot of people.
bung it all into a boeing 757, and fly around the world giving the fans THE SHOW.

i was front row brisbane 12 feb 08, wow. fucking unbelievable.
here is an example of a band that cares for its fans.iron what? (n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somewhere_Back_in_Time_World_Tour)
:rockon:

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 04:21 AM
great review. (http://www.undercover.fm/news/4011-iron-maiden-s-somewhere-back-in-time-tour-hits-melbourne)

binnie
02-04-2011, 04:47 AM
They certainly do care about their fans, and they know how to mix it up enough to keep themselves interested.

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 04:58 AM
then brought out the final frontier. and, my friends, they are headlining 'soundwave' here in 22 days. i'll post lots of pics....

binnie
02-04-2011, 05:11 AM
I actually found 'The Final Frontier' pretty under-whelming. Admirable ambition, but lacking fire (IMO.)

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 05:20 AM
I actually found 'The Final Frontier' pretty under-whelming. Admirable ambition, but lacking fire (IMO.)

yes mate, i agree it's not their best album ever; my point is that it exists.

Seshmeister
02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
They went to shit after Clive Burr left.

Van Halen take note - sometimes a member of the rhythm section is more important to the sound than you think.

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 06:43 AM
and here we arrive at the sesh ash conundrum.
anyone with a functioning set of wetware clearly hears nicko as the superior drummer.

binnie
02-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Van Halen take note - sometimes a member of the rhythm section is more important to the sound than you think.

Woah! Massive overstatement. Please explain what is wrong with their '80s output afer Burr left, and their recent albums after the reunion with Dickinson.

tojoro
02-04-2011, 08:53 AM
While Clive Burr recorded some excellent drums for the first three albums, and I was sad when I heard he was leaving Maiden, I felt much better when I popped POM into the deck...hell, the first track pretty much nailed that fucker shut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0R7eDAKayo

After viewing 666, it's apparent that age has no effect on his stamina, either.
I'm pretty much convinced that Nicko is Maiden's biggest fan...

Hardrock69
02-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I agree.

I was 5th row on their 2000 tour in St. Louis.

Man, they kick fucking ass! Woot!

ashstralia
02-05-2011, 06:40 AM
After viewing 666, it's apparent that age has no effect on his stamina, either.
I'm pretty much convinced that Nicko is Maiden's biggest fan...

fuck yeah! and i'd like to have a hit of golf with the funny bloke. nicko rules. maiden rules. my whole point here is this is a band giving it's fans the MUSIC.
the good stuff. as i said, they're playing here on 26 feb 11. i'm gonna buy a $20 stubbie cooler and a $50 t shirt.
:hitch:

Mr Badguy
02-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I still think "The Final Frontier" is an awesome album.

To each their own, I suppose.

Terry
02-05-2011, 08:56 AM

I dunno...while Number of the Best is part of Maiden's (for me) trifecta of top fucking notch IM albums (NotB, PoM, Pwrslv), Burr was only on one of the three.

That they're still out there chugging along and in good form live is pretty astounding.

ashstralia
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM

agree mate. how good is it?
when the wild wind blows.
MAIDEN\M/

51504VH
02-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Saw Maiden 9th row here in Denver in '03...dudes put on a kick ass show like no other.

binnie
02-06-2011, 05:50 AM

It's a little odd, IMO. The early parts feel like crowd pleasing, whilst the latter part feels like the prog rock record they'd like to make. To my ears, AMOLAD and BNW were much more complete records.....

sadaist
02-06-2011, 08:23 AM
IRON MAIDEN FUCKING RULES!

It was funny, in the 80's almost every single guy at ANY arena show had on an Iron Maiden shirt. Sure there were a few Judas Priest, Crue, VH, etc...but 90% were Maiden.

The 90's was all Metallica shirts.

My fav Maiden shirt I had was Eddie & the ninja type sword from Maiden Japan. I fucked it up because I cut the sleeves off before I realized I didn't have any muscles to show. Looked like a maiden shirt with 2 noodles hanging out the sides. Live and learn.

(Luckily that was around the time when wearing a long sleeve shirt under a normal t-shirt came into fashion.)

Hardrock69
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Like any great band, they are now competing with their younger selves. No matter what they put out now, people will always compare them to the stuff they did back in the day that was so great.

I thought the album was ok....not mind-blowing, but it at the very least was at the level of quality I would expect from them. Ed needs to learn at the feet of Steve Harris about how the fans should be the first priority.

Mr. Vengeance
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM

After Clive Burr left? Really?

Guess I'd better throw away my copy of Piece of Mind.....

Mr Badguy
02-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Here's the set list from the opening show:

1. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. Coming Home
5. Dance Of Death
6. The Trooper
7. The Wicker Man
8. Blood Brothers
9. When The Wild Wind Blows
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. The Talisman
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Now, this is more like it.

A better mix of newies and classics.

Still wish they would resurrect "Infinite dreams" and "To tame a land", but hey, we can wait 'til the next tour.

binnie
02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Got tickets for Sheffield. Looking forward to it immensely. I would prefer some of the more expansive stuff from the new record - 'Coming Home' is not up to much, IMO.

Still, it's quite a setlist.

Mr Badguy
02-13-2011, 05:18 AM
I think I would have preffered "Starblind" and "Isle of Avalon" to "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier" and "El Dorado".

Or even subbing one of them for "Blood Brothers".

They are playing "The Talisman", though.

That's a bitchin' tune.

binnie
02-13-2011, 12:37 PM
You never know, they might mix it up as the tour progresses.

VAiN
02-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not really a Maiden fan, but Nicko has sat and bullshitted with me and some buddies on occasion at his rib joint down here... Super nice guy. Just seems happy as hell, good for him.

atomicpunk5151
02-15-2011, 05:16 PM
You never know, they might mix it up as the tour progresses.

Looks like the same setlist for NIGHT # 2 in Singapore, no changes. They did swap a few like BTATS, DOD and Paschendale early on the 2010 tour so you never know.

1.Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2.El Dorado
3.2 Minutes to Midnight
4.Coming Home
5.Dance of Death
6.The Trooper
7.Blood Brothers
8.The Wicker Man
9.When the Wild Wind Blows
10.The Talisman
11.The Evil That Men Do
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

With that said though....

NO "Run to the Hills" for the 2nd straight tour.

5 new songs off "The Final Frontier". The Talisman came off better then I thought it would.

Several classics brought back that weren't in last years "2000 era" heavy set. 2 Minutes, Evil That Men Do and The Trooper.

Also they dropped all the AMOLAD songs from last years set list. Suprised they didn't keep "These Colors don't Run". I guess when they brought back The Trooper, this one got dropped. And no "Ben Breg" either from AMOLAD.

Also glad they dropped "Wrathchild".

+++ I know they can't please everyone, but come on get POWERSLAVE back in the set. Best Maiden LIVE solo.

rockhead
02-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Looks like the same setlist for NIGHT # 2 in Singapore, no changes. They did swap a few like BTATS, DOD and Paschendale early on the 2010 tour so you never know.

1.Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
2.El Dorado
3.2 Minutes to Midnight
4.Coming Home
5.Dance of Death
6.The Trooper
7.Blood Brothers
8.The Wicker Man
9.When the Wild Wind Blows
10.The Talisman
11.The Evil That Men Do
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

With that said though....

NO "Run to the Hills" for the 2nd straight tour.

5 new songs off "The Final Frontier". The Talisman came off better then I thought it would.

Several classics brought back that weren't in last years "2000 era" heavy set. 2 Minutes, Evil That Men Do and The Trooper.

Also they dropped all the AMOLAD songs from last years set list. Suprised they didn't keep "These Colors don't Run". I guess when they brought back The Trooper, this one got dropped. And no "Ben Breg" either from AMOLAD.

Also glad they dropped "Wrathchild".

+++ I know they can't please everyone, but come on get POWERSLAVE back in the set. Best Maiden LIVE solo.

Went to the Sydney show last night and was a good night, althouh wished the setlist was much longer with more classics.The band came on at 8.30 and finished at 10.30pm.The merch table wasnt as ood as the 2008 tour however setlist as follows,
Doctor Doctor Play Video
(UFO song)
Satellite 15... The Final Frontier Play Video
El Dorado Play Video
2 Minutes to Midnight Play Video
The Talisman Play Video
Coming Home Play Video
Dance of Death Play Video
The Trooper Play Video
The Wicker Man Play Video
Blood Brothers Play Video
When the Wild Wind Blows Play Video
The Evil That Men Do Play Video
Fear of the Dark Play Video
Iron Maiden Play Video
Encore:
The Number of the Beast Play Video
Hallowed Be Thy Name Play Video
Running Free Play Video

ashstralia
02-25-2011, 02:31 AM
you're a lucky duck, rockhead...

rockhead
03-01-2011, 01:41 AM
A good night was had but sure wished they could have played longer.......and i hoped they would play Wraithchild......still not sure how i feel of their new album.

bueno bob
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I think even Bruce said at one point that Clive Burr was "the best drummer Iron Maiden ever had". He then followed it up by saying "Nothing against Nicko and don't take it the wrong way, but...", and I quit reading at that point because the point seemed pretty clear. Preferentially, I like Burr's playing on the first three albums more than anything Nicko's done since 7th Son, but...just personal opinion...in further personal opinion, I wish they'd quit playing the mandatory 10-15 U.S. shows before departing for foreign countries I can't even fucking spell right, let alone name. A REAL U.S. tour that lasted longer than, oh, a month or so and actually hit ALL the major markets probably wouldn't kill them, but I've pretty much fucking given up on that. I was going to go drive 400 miles north for their show last year, but when they announced their bullshit "new stuff only" setlist, I emailed their website a closeup picture of my asshole with a caption that said "Thanks, blokes, I'm biting the pillow for you".

Fucking assholes. And especially since it was their first time here after they canceled their last show the DAY OF back in 1995 and refused to play because 700 people (sellout audience at the venue) "Weren't enough to bother performing to". No refund either, just a big "Fuck you, thanks for the money. What, you wanted a concert? Hey, fuck off." from Maiden, er, I mean the Steve Harris Band. Nice fucking way for those cocksuckers to make up for it, I thought.

Heh. Van Halen doesn't quite look so bad to me anymore.

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
jeez bob, maybe they like coming to australia 'cause no-one here emails them pictures of their bunghole? :biggrin:
can you imagine the hilarity in the offices of maiden inc. that day?

bueno bob
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
jeez bob, maybe they like coming to australia 'cause no-one here emails them pictures of their bunghole? :biggrin:
can you imagine the hilarity in the offices of maiden inc. that day?

Well, I had to do something for the $35 (plus convenience fee!) that they still owe me.

Actually, I should send a picture of my dick to Blaze Bayley...$7 of that fee due is his responsibility.

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
gold mate, gold!

rockhead
03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Another Iron Maiden compilation, especially with Blaze songs on their...wonder if they will tour behind this.

EMI announce the release of a brand new collection from Iron Maiden
Published: March 15, 2011

EMI ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF A BRAND NEW COLLECTION FROM IRON MAIDEN
'FROM FEAR TO ETERNITY: THE BEST OF 1990-2010'
ON MAY 23RD 2011 (May 24th through UME in the USA)

EMI are proud to announce the release of 'From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010'. A double-CD set spanning twenty years, this follows the huge success of 2010's studio album 'The Final Frontier' which hit the number one spot in 28 countries around the world. It also became the band's highest-charting album in the USA where Iron Maiden have just been awarded their first Grammy for Best Metal Performance, for the song 'El Dorado', taken from 'The Final Frontier' album, and which is included in this selection.

Iron Maiden's current phenomenal global success has seen the band not only scale new-found heights aided by their unique method of touring, using a customized Boeing 757 - named Ed Force One by their fans - to transport band, crew and all their equipment round the world to many new places, but has meant their ever-expanding fanbase now encompasses a brand new generation of metal lovers. 'From Fear To Eternity' is a chance for these new fans of the band to explore Iron Maiden's rich history, with the highlights of their last eight studio albums distilled into this handy collection, which follows 2009's compilation of their earlier work, the 1980-1990 'Somewhere Back In Time' album.

Perennial favourites to be found on this album include songs also featured in Maiden's current 'The Final Frontier World Tour' set list; tracks such as 'Fear Of The Dark', 'The Wicker Man', 'Blood Brothers' and 'Dance Of Death' sit alongside recent classics 'El Dorado' and the hauntingly evocative 'When The Wild Wind Blows'. It also include singles like 'Holy Smoke' and 'Be Quick Or Be Dead' together with more progressive thought-provoking album tracks like 'Afraid To Shoot Strangers' and 'For The Greater Good Of God'. This new collection charts the musical development of Britain's most successful metal band as they have evolved their sound, producing longer, more complex songs, gaining huge critical acclaim in the process. Featuring many of the epics for which the band has become renowned, it is accordingly released as a double-CD, but will retail for the price of a single album.

The full tracklisting for the CD album* is as follows:

DISC 1
1. The Wicker Man 4.36
2. Holy Smoke 3.49
3. El Dorado 6:49
4. Paschendale 8.28
5. Different World 4.19
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22
8. Blood Brothers 7.14
9. Rainmaker 3.49
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49
11. Brave New World 6.19
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2
1. Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24
2. Tailgunner 4.15
3. No More Lies 7.22
4. Coming Home 5.52
5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06
6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25
7. These Colours Don't Run) 6.52
8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57
10. Dance of Death 8.36
11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

*It will also be made available as a Digital Download Album and as a Limited Edition Triple Vinyl Picture Disc.

Iron Maiden's 2011 The Final Frontier Tour is currently underway in an Around The World In 66 Days odyssey aboard Ed Force One, piloted by lead singer and qualified airline captain Bruce Dickinson. Having recently completed a series of shows in Australia and first-ever visits to Singapore, Indonesia and South Korea, they are now on their way to Mexico for concerts in Monterrey and Mexico City. After this they will play shows right across South America, including Argentina and Chile where both shows will be filmed for inclusion in a DVD to be released later this year.

Says bassist and founder member Steve Harris, "The tour has been amazing so far and we've been overwhelmed by the reaction from our fans everywhere. We are now on our way to Mexico and South America which the whole band is very excited about! We really enjoy playing there as the fans are so passionate and we always feel a huge responsibility to put on the best show we possibly can for them. For this tour we have a great set list, a brand new stage show, and of course Eddie!. This leg of the tour ends with two shows in Florida in April, which is another favourite place for us to play, then we'll be taking a short break before a series of Summer headline Festival and Stadium shows in Europe, finishing up with our first UK Arena tour in many years. It's a great way to round off what has been an incredible time for Maiden these last few years. We are really looking forward to seeing all our loyal fans again and welcoming all the new ones! "

Here is the full list of upcoming tour dates:

MARCH 2011
Thursday 17 - Banamex Theater, Monterrey, Mexico
Friday 18 - Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
Sunday 20 - Parque Simon Bolivar, Bogota, Colombia
Wednesday 23 - Estadio San Marcos, Lima, Peru
Saturday 26 - Morumbi Stadium, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sunday 27 - HSBC Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Wednesday 30 - Nilson Nelson Parking, Brasilia, Brazil

APRIL 2011
Friday 1 - Parque de Exposicoes, Belem, Brazil
Sunday 3 - Jockey Clube, Recife, Brazil
Tuesday 5 - Expotrade, Curitiba, Brazil
Friday 8 - Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sunday 10 - Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile
Thursday 14 - Coliseo De Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Saturday 16 - Bank Atlantic Center, Ft Lauderdale, Florida USA
Sunday 17 - St Pete Times Forum, Tampa, Florida USA

MAY 2011
Saturday 28 - Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
Sunday 29 - Kopi Arena, Oberhausen, Germany
Tuesday 31 - Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany

JUNE 2011
Thursday 2 - O2 World, Hamburg, Germany
Friday 3 - O2 World, Berlin, Germany
Tuesday 7 - Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart, Germany
Wednesday 8 - Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
Friday 10 - Sonisphere, Warsaw, Poland
Saturday 11 - Sonisphere, Prague, Czech Republic
Monday 13 - Novarock, Nickelsdorf, Austria
Friday 17 - Sonisphere, Athens, Greece
Tuesday 21 - Sonisphere, Sofia, Bulgaria
Friday 24 - Sonisphere, Basel, Switzerland
Saturday 25 - Sonisphere, Imola, Italy
Monday 27 - Bercy, Paris, France
Tuesday 28 - Bercy, Paris, France
Thursday 30 - Roskilde Festival, Denmark

JULY 2011
Friday 1 - Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg, Sweden
Sunday 3 - Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium
Wednesday 6 - Telenor Arena, Oslo, Norway
Friday 8 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland
Sunday 10 - SKK Petersburgskiy, St Petersburg, Russia
Thursday 14 - 30th Moto Meeting, Faro, Portugal
Saturday 16 - Sonisphere, Madrid, Spain
Wednesday 20 - SECC, Glasgow, Scotland
Thursday 21 - AECC P&J Arena, Aberdeen, Scotland
Saturday 23 - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, England
Sunday 24 - Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, England
Wednesday 27 - Trent FM Arena, Nottingham, England
Thursday 28 - MEN Arena, Manchester, England
Sunday 31 - NIA Arena, Birmingham, England

AUGUST 2011
Monday 1 - CIA Arena, Cardiff, Wales
Wednesday 3 - Odyssey, Belfast, N. Ireland
Friday 5 - O2 Arena, London, England
Saturday 6 - O2 Arena, London, England
News

Japan: A Message From Rod
The Best Of... A Note From Rod
EMI announce the release of a brand new collection from Iron Maiden
TOKYO CANCELLATION AND BAND MESSAGE
Latest situation regarding shows in TOKYO from the promoter Creativeman - UPDATED 12/03
Japan Update
Iron Maiden to headline Sonisphere Bulgaria - 21 June 2011
Press Cuttings... Melbourne Reviews
Iron Maiden to headline Sonisphere Festival Greece - Friday 17 June 2011
Iron Maiden to headline at the Moto Clube de Faro, 30th International Motorcycle Convention, Portugal on July 14th 2011
Special Guests announced for 'The Final Frontier World Tour' UK Dates
Press Cuttings...
From Rod - Thanks for your support on our Cuba Bike Ride
Iron Maiden win a Grammy
Ed Force One lands in Russia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next »

Quick Links

Download your FREE mp3 here!
(US fans, please click here)

Mr. Vengeance
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
They're coming out with yet another greatest hits album. This one is really stretching too....

With all the live albums and best ofs, how many times do they expect people to buy the same songs? Who do they think they are? KISS????

In this day and age, if you're a fan of a band, wouldn't you just create your own playlists???? Is anyone really going to look at this album, and say, "Holy shit!!! The Clansman, LIVE!!!!! I must have it!!!"

On top of that it's more weak, CGI Eddie art.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/fromfeartoeternity/

binnie
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
I think even Bruce said at one point that Clive Burr was "the best drummer Iron Maiden ever had". He then followed it up by saying "Nothing against Nicko and don't take it the wrong way, but...", and I quit reading at that point because the point seemed pretty clear. Preferentially, I like Burr's playing on the first three albums more than anything Nicko's done since 7th Son, but...just personal opinion...in further personal opinion, I wish they'd quit playing the mandatory 10-15 U.S. shows before departing for foreign countries I can't even fucking spell right, let alone name. A REAL U.S. tour that lasted longer than, oh, a month or so and actually hit ALL the major markets probably wouldn't kill them, but I've pretty much fucking given up on that. I was going to go drive 400 miles north for their show last year, but when they announced their bullshit "new stuff only" setlist, I emailed their website a closeup picture of my asshole with a caption that said "Thanks, blokes, I'm biting the pillow for you".

Fucking assholes. And especially since it was their first time here after they canceled their last show the DAY OF back in 1995 and refused to play because 700 people (sellout audience at the venue) "Weren't enough to bother performing to". No refund either, just a big "Fuck you, thanks for the money. What, you wanted a concert? Hey, fuck off." from Maiden, er, I mean the Steve Harris Band. Nice fucking way for those cocksuckers to make up for it, I thought.

Heh. Van Halen doesn't quite look so bad to me anymore.

It seems that Maiden lost a lot of momentum in the US during the Bayley years and haven't made it up since. Easier to play stadiums everywhere else in the world than arenas in America.

Mr Badguy
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Another compilation, "From fear to eternity" focuses on 1990-2010.

DISC ONE
1. The Wicker Man
2. Holy Smoke
3. El Dorado
4. Paschendale
5. Different World
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE)
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
8. Blood Brothers
9. Rainmaker
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE)
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE)
DISC TWO
1. Be Quick Or Be Dead
2. Tailgunner
3. No More Lies
4. Coming Home
5. The Clansman (LIVE)
6. For the Greater Good of God
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
10. Dance of Death
11. When the Wild Wind Blows

=============

Alright, where the fuck is "Dream of mirrors" and "The Talisman"?

And why are there so many songs from the 90's?

Hardrock69
06-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Well, I suppose this being the only compilation to feature tracks wif Blaze, it is at least a bit different.

Might even help Blaze's wallet, if he has any writing credit at all on any of those tracks, which is doubtful, as Harry pretty much takes care of that end of things.....

I agree with you guys though....sorta useless compilation, innit? :umm:

DavidLeeNatra
06-08-2011, 09:14 AM
have been to the Maiden concert (sold out!) in Berlin five days ago...man...they fucking ROCK! old school without any rust or dust on it...bruce sings better than he ever did live...clever boy now...no need to talk about the rest of the band which is solid as a rock...they play indoR venues up to 15.000 people (wouldn't call that a stadium-tour)...all I can say after two outstanding hours is:

UP THE IRONS!!!

binnie
06-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Another compilation, "From fear to eternity" focuses on 1990-2010.

DISC ONE
1. The Wicker Man
2. Holy Smoke
3. El Dorado
4. Paschendale
5. Different World
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE)
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
8. Blood Brothers
9. Rainmaker
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE)
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE)
DISC TWO
1. Be Quick Or Be Dead
2. Tailgunner
3. No More Lies
4. Coming Home
5. The Clansman (LIVE)
6. For the Greater Good of God
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
10. Dance of Death
11. When the Wild Wind Blows

=============

Alright, where the fuck is "Dream of mirrors" and "The Talisman"?

And why are there so many songs from the 90's?

I don't really see the point in this, to be honest. As you say, the '90s are over-represented - the 4 'reunion' records piss all over anything they put out from 'No Prayer...'. In fact, I'd say 'BNW' and 'AMOLAD' are as good as anything made during the glory days.

rocking ron
06-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Iron Maiden is one of my all-time:theband: favorite bands, since the end '70s (w/Paul D'ianno-first 2 albums : 'Iron Maiden' & Killers) till now!!

Begin '80's Bruce Dickinson joined the band, he's for 'Maiden' what 'Diamond Dave' is for Van Halen!!! They've made a lot of killer albums :happy64:with 'Bruce'>(The number of the beast - Piece of mind - Poweslave - Life after death<live> etc!!!
Then came the period with Blaze Bailey and I've losted my interest in the band at that time 'cause it wasn't really 'Maiden' for me anymore!!!!:cry2:

It was untill 1999/2000 Bruce ( and former guitarist Adrian Smith ) reunite :beers8: with (6 members) the band ( read Steve Harris ) and they came up with a brand new album called : Brave new World, I think one of their best one ever!!!!
After this and the great live dvd Rock in Rio they came up with the album Dance of Death, also a good one and much better than A matter of life and death and their last album!! ( I don't say they are bad but .......:confused10)

Actually what I wanna say is that Maiden always did a very good job during their shows all over the years ( :winner: ( setlists ) EXCEPT during the 2006/2007 tour it was less, ( I can say almost bad:ashamed:)
But since 2008 till now it's a good mixture I think.
I have except their official live cd's and dvd's over 60 bootlegs of this great band from all time periods ( except the Blaze period ) and have seen them a few times playing in my country, first time in 1982 Amsterdam :bingesmoking:

And I really really hope they will go on for many years and 2011 isn't their ''''''''''''''''''''FINAL''''''''''''''''tour :sign0011:

rocking ron
06-15-2011, 05:44 PM
ARNHEM HOLLAND 8 June 2011, (OEPS they did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!
IRON MAIDEN have played live in Holland a few days ago. The FINAL FRONTIER TOUR , and I still don't believe this is their 'final' tour , the guys did a great show and were full of energie and played a lot of their greatest hits ( iron maiden-blood brothers-fear of the dark-number of the beast-2 minutes to midnight-hallowed by the name etc)

No, not 'run to the hills' this time!!

:baaa: Heaven can wait

binnie
06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Just over a month until I get to see 'em again.

Airbourne are opening, so its win-win.

rocking ron
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
You lucky one, Airbourne is a nice band indeed.

Got 1 good dvd-bootleg of this Australian band (Germany 2010 ) :baaa:

rocking ron
06-24-2011, 04:06 PM
But what do you think about their last album, The Final Frontier ???!!!!

My opinion is that this one is better than the one before ,A Matter Of Live And Death .

But it ain't that good as Dance of Death and their best one since Bruce's return Brave New World!!

binnie
06-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't think it's as balanced as AMOLAD.

BNW is definitely the best of the reunion albums though. No question.

I've always found DOD to be difficult, however.

rocking ron
06-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't think it's as balanced as AMOLAD.

BNW is definitely the best of the reunion albums though. No question.

I've always found DOD to be difficult, however.

And what about the older stuff (with Bruce) , I mean before the Blaze period and after the first two with Paul Díanno !!

I think I still like Number of the Beast most but Piece of Mind and Powerslave were also.....:)

Somewhere in Time??? Difficult choice, no I really go for The Number of the Beast!!!

binnie
06-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I actually like 'Seventh Son...' the most. 'Powerslave' is their best record overall, however.

rocking ron
06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
They've played in Holland a couple of weeks ago ( 8 June ) and it was a good show!!!

Opener for them that night was the English metalcore band named : RISE TO REMAIN , with vocalist Austin Dickinson , son of ........................ yes indeed,

Bruce Dickinson and of what I've heard it wasn't bad at all!!??

Mr Walker
01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Supposed to be a big Maiden announcement today...

Get ready for a big announcement from Iron Maiden on Monday at 9 PM GMT (4 PM EST). The only clue offered by the group came on Twitter where they said "It's not a tour announcement and it's not a DVD announcement either. It will be something brought to you by the letter H...."

Mr Walker
01-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Letter H... maybe the 'big' announcement is that Steve Harris' daughter has a new CD coming out... LOL! :rolleyes:

Pennypacker
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
http://loudwire.com/iron-maidens-adrian-smith-unleashes-first-single-with-supergroup-primal-rock-rebellion/

A few days ago, Iron Maiden teased metalheads worldwide on their official website with the promise of an important announcement for Monday, Jan. 2 at 9PM GMT (4PM EST). We can now officially report the news that Iron Maiden guitarist Adrian Smith has released the new track ‘I See Lights’ with his side project Primal Rock Rebellion.

Iron Maiden made a bit of a game out of the good news. The heavy metal legends posted that the announcement would be ”something of primal interest to all Maiden fans.” Some Maiden fans had successfully deciphered the code from the band’s strategic placement of the word “primal,” but most were anxiously awaiting today’s announcement from the band, even crashing the site for a few moments. Maiden also narrowed things down on their Twitter account, saying, “It’s not a tour announcement and it’s not a DVD announcement either. It will be something brought to you by the letter H.”

The newest version of Primal Rock Rebellion features Smith and former SikTh frontman Mikee Goodman with a handful of session musicians contributing to the forthcoming album include Abi Fry of Bat For Lashes and original SikTh member Dan ‘Lord’ Foord. Smith plays bass and all the songs were co-written by Adrian and Mikee.

‘I See Lights’ is the first song ever released by Primal Rock Rebellion and takes a dark and dissonant turn into groove/sludge metal territory. Smith’s guitar work is very identifiable within the song, his roots within his Iron Maiden style can be found creeping into the new project.

Smith had this to say about the collaboration, “It was interesting doing this album with Mikee not least because we have quite different influences. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. It has a really fresh feel to it.”

Mikee weighed in too, saying, “This album takes you on a really deep and colorful journey, lyrically and musically. Adrian and I were both very open to experimenting with each others’ musical styles and influences, which we feel created something new and exciting.”

Primal Rock Rebellion’s first ever release will be officially unleashed on Feb. 27 through Spinefarm Records.

SparkieD
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
At first I was worried when I saw the announcement, but when they said the letter "H," I knew Adrian was up to something, as most die-hard Maiden fans do. I've liked all of his work outside Maiden (Urchin/ASAP, and Psycho Motel) but "I See Lights" sucks all kinds of ass. It sounds not one iota like groove metal to these ears.

sonrisa salvaje
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
At first I was worried when I saw the announcement, but when they said the letter "H," I knew Adrian was up to something, as most die-hard Maiden fans do. I've liked all of his work outside Maiden (Urchin/ASAP, and Psycho Motel) but "I See Lights" sucks all kinds of ass. It sounds not one iota like groove metal to these ears.

ASAP was rather cool wasn't it?

Mr Walker
02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper North American Tour

02/16/2012
Iron Maiden are returning to North America this year for another "history of Iron Maiden" tour, this time recapturing the set from the Maiden England concert movie filmed during the 1988 Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour.

The tour kicks off on June 21st in Charlotte, NC and the first month of the trek will feature Alice Cooper as a special guest (until July 21st) and Coheed and Cambria taking over after that.

Here is the official word with the initial dates: This opening section of the World Tour is the band's most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

Maiden England marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Comments vocalist Bruce Dickinson, "We have great fun playing the History of Maiden Tours because it gives us an opportunity between new albums to go out and play songs from our earlier catalogue. It's always fantastic seeing the crowd reaction from a new generation of fans who have never experienced some of these tracks performed live before, and of course we know our longstanding fans will enjoy seeing the original Seventh Son Tour re-visited - with many other surprises! Our intention is to play about two thirds of the original track list of Maiden England (shown below*), including some songs we have not played live in a very,very long time, plus other favourites we just know the fans are going to want to hear! We always try to give our fans a great show musically, but we have always tried to make it as entertaining and memorable an experience as we can visually. And we all feel this show is going to do that splendidly! We can't wait to get started in Charlotte".

21st June Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
23rd June Atlanta, GA Aarons Amphitheatre
26th June Boston, MA Comcast Center
27th June Wantagh, NY Jones Beach
29th June Philadelphia, PI Susquehanna Bank Center
30th June Washington, DC Jiffy Lube Live
2nd July Newark, NJ Prudential Center
5th July Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank
8th July Quebec, QC Colisee Pepsi Arena
11th July Montreal, QC Bell Center
13th July Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre
14th July Sarnia, ON Bayfest
16th July Buffalo, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
18th July Detroit, MI DTE Music Theatre
19th July Indianapolis, IN Klipsch Music Centre
24th July Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
26th July Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
27th July Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
29th July Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
30th July Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
1st August Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
3rd August San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
6th August Phoenix, AZ Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
9th August Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
12th August Albuquerque. NM Hard Rock Pavilion
13th August Denver, CO Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
15th August San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
17th August Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
18th August Houston, TX The Woodlands

Mr Walker
02-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I will go see Alice/Maiden this summer!

binnie
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Maiden England!

Ahhhh....the memories. That was one my first 'metal' purchases as a young lad.

SparkieD
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
I am so fucking HAPPY about this that I had to change my panties when I heard! They haven't played nearby in forever. Now, just like Van Halen in '07, they are opening the tour in my neck of the woods! Halley-fuckin'-luya!!!

vandeleur
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Maiden were great last year for the FF tour .....
Gotta be a Charlotte the harlot gag in here somewere (in time)

gbranton
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I would love to catch that Atlanta show.

fourthcoming
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Love it......the Only time I was fortunate enough to see Maiden was on the 7th son tour.....can't wait to spend a day in the waves at Jones Beach, knock back a few cold ones and go enjoy Maiden again!!! If they played Powerslave in it's entirity it would be amazing......the show is supposed to be a mix of tunes from their first album up until 1988....supposed to mirror the 7th son set list.....how can you beat that?

guwapo_rocker
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
No Las Vegas date? :( :D

neuralfraud
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
No florida either, as of yet.. bummer. They come by a few years ago but simply couldn't afford it back then..and im taking their continuous touring for granted assuming they'll come back in a year or so=/

these guys dont fuckin quit and deliver the goods 100% of the time. (capt. obvious)

Whorehey
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
"You tell Janick Adrian's coming back."
"No, you tell him."

rockhead
02-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Iron Maiden announce "Maiden England World Tour" with extensive dates in North America this summer

Very Special Guest Alice Cooper to July 21, Coheed and Cambria after July 21.

Following the massively successful Final Frontier World Tour 2010-11, IRON MAIDEN are back on the road this summer with a series of Arena, Amphitheatre and Festival shows in the U.S.A. and Canada, opening in Charlotte, NC, U.S.A. on June 21, and finishing in Houston, TX, on Aug 18 (dates listed below), to be followed by further dates around the World in 2013. The MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR will closely mirror, in terms of production and content, the original 1988 concert video of the same name, shot on the “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour”. This opening section of the World Tour is the band’s most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

In most venues, tickets will go on sale on March 2 and 3 but watch this site or check local venue information for fuller details. Fan Club members should check out ironmaiden.com for exclusive first day ticket presales and contest to be ‘First To The Barrier’.

MAIDEN ENGLAND marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Comments vocalist Bruce Dickinson, “We have great fun playing the History of Maiden Tours because it gives us an opportunity between new albums to go out and play songs from our earlier catalogue. It’s always fantastic seeing the crowd reaction from a new generation of fans who have never experienced some of these tracks performed live before, and of course we know our longstanding fans will enjoy seeing the original Seventh Son Tour re-visited - with many other surprises! Our intention is to play about two thirds of the original track list of Maiden England (shown below*), including some songs we have not played live in a very,very long time, plus other favourites we just know the fans are going to want to hear! We always try to give our fans a great show musically, but we have always tried to make it as entertaining and memorable an experience as we can visually. And we all feel this show is going to do that splendidly! We can't wait to get started in Charlotte”.

Iron Maiden are delighted to announce that the extraordinary and legendary Alice Cooper will be their Very Special Guest on all shows up to July 21. After that date, Special Guest will be Coheed and Cambria, the inspiring, cutting edge band from New York.

Iron Maiden continue to be actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have full access to the best possible tickets in the fairest possible way. Manager Rod Smallwood comments:

“We are trying to ensure that our fans get the tickets they want in the prime positions without paying over the odds to ticket scalpers. Maiden get infuriated with the way fans sometimes have to pay more than the ticket price to get good positions at our shows. So we will, wherever possible (Festivals excluded), with the assistance of the Promoters, arrange a paperless ticketing system at least for the front sections to try to eliminate as much of the ticket scalping and exchanges as we can. We put this into practice on our North American Tour in 2010; it worked well and we received many positive comments back from our fans, so we intend to increase this where feasible. With paperless ticketing, only those who actually pay initially for the tickets will get into the show so scalping is generally avoided (please see the comments from Ticketmaster below). We are also doing everything we can to avoid any drain of prime tickets going to the Secondary Ticketing sites which we feel make unfair profits from music fans.

As we consider all our fans to be VIPs, no tickets will be held specifically for VIP use. At some venues, the Promoter may provide the option for fans to pay extra for “VIP Parking”, early access, access to “VIP Bar” etc. But these will be purely optional for ticket holders only and will not be tied to ticket locations – the ability to get the best tickets should be the same for everybody outside of the usual presales.

Finally, we are of course once again arranging exclusive ticket pre-sales for our fan club members so they can be quick off the mark for great tickets and will also continue to run the contest in appropriate venues for fan club members so they can be ‘First To The Barrier’ prior to the show. We hope that these measures will help our fans as much as possible and ask that they keep checking for details on our website.”

TICKETMASTER comments:
Where possible the North American Iron Maiden shows will operate a paperless ticket policy. Select tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster’s Paperless Ticket delivery, which means fans will not receive a physical concert ticket for their entry into the event. Buying paperless helps ensure fans have secure and convenient access to event tickets at the intended original sale price. On the day of show, concert goers just need to bring the credit card they used for the ticket purchase and a government-issued photo ID to the concert. All members of the ticket purchaser's party must be present at the same time to enter the venue. The venue’s ticket usher will swipe their credit card upon entry and present each person in their party with seat locator slips for quick access into the show. To purchase paperless tickets or for more information, fans should visit www.ticketmaster.com/paperless or call the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone number at 1-800-745-3000.

*Maiden England 1988 Longform Video VHS Tracklisting
Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, The Prisoner, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, Killers, Can I Play With Madness, Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden.

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES
Thur 21st June Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sat 23rd June Atlanta, GA Aarons Amphitheatre
Tue 26th June Boston, MA Comcast Center
Wed 27th June Wantagh, NY Jones Beach
Fri 29th June Philadelphia, PI Susquehanna Bank Center
Sat 30th June Washington, DC Jiffy Lube Live
Mon 2nd July Newark, NJ Prudential Center
Thur 5th July Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank
Sun 8th July Quebec, QC Colisee Pepsi Arena
Wed 11th July Montreal, QC Bell Center
Fri 13th July Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre
Sat 14th July Sarnia, ON Bayfest
Mon 16th July Buffalo, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Wed 18th July Detroit, MI DTE Music Theatre
Thur 19th July Indianapolis, IN Klipsch Music Centre
Tues 24th July Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
Thur 26th July Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Fri 27th July Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Sun 29th July Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
Mon 30th July Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
Wed 1st August Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
Fri 3rd August San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
Mon 6th August Phoenix, AZ Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
Thur 9th August Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sun 12th August Albuquerque. NM Hard Rock Pavilion
Mon 13th August Denver, CO Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
Wed 15th August San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
Fri 17th August Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
Sat 18th August Houston, TX The Woodlands

(Please note there will be a few dates added within this period. Rest of world... we'll see you next year!)

[Prev] [Next]

ashstralia
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
excellent!!!

rockhead
02-17-2012, 11:01 PM
im absolutley stoked with this, and if it means ill hear the prisoner live, my head will explode!......wonder if the band will reissue Maiden England on DVD?. Nobody brings it live than maiden.

Hardrock69
02-18-2012, 02:55 AM
Am working on going to Atlanta with friends. Would not miss this for the world. WITH ALICE FUCKING COOPER! WOOT!

Will be the 4th time I will have seen them live.....

rocknrolldork
02-18-2012, 03:33 AM
And of course I'm working on a night of a great concert... again... really bummed about missing this tour.

DavidLeeNatra
02-18-2012, 07:07 AM
saw them last year...and all I can say is UP THE IRONS! if you have the chance to catch a show you won't regret it!

gbranton
02-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Am working on going to Atlanta with friends. Would not miss this for the world. WITH ALICE FUCKING COOPER! WOOT!

I'm going to the Atlanta show as well, don't care if I have anyone to go with me or not. I've only seen them once before, in 1983 on the Piece of Mind tour.

chi-town324
02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
headlining summerfest in Milwaukee July 4th!!!

High Life Man
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
headlining summerfest in Milwaukee July 4th!!!

Can't wait!

Anyone have a pre-sale code?

rockhead
02-19-2012, 07:01 PM
i hope they tell Janick to stay on rythym guitar for the toiur because i donrt want him doing Dave or H's solos.

ashstralia
02-20-2012, 05:50 AM

me too! twice in '82, and again in '08.

they'd have to be close to the best live band on the planet...

rockhead
02-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Ash, that must mean you saw during the "Beast on the Road" tour, what was the gig like if oyu remember.Apparrently NOTB was number 1 in OZ in 82 but i didnt think they had a huge fanbase at that stage.

ashstralia
02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
unbelievable mate. i was 14, mum drove me and my mate to the gig at the capitol in sydney... general admission so me and steve ran down the very front with a whole bunch of bikies who looked after us all night. first time i smelled pot and saw titties. :)

the show was great, light rig from hell, memory serves me they played the whole notb album and some older stuff. we went again the next night.

edit; both nights were full house. again from memory (?) $14 a ticket.

rockhead
02-20-2012, 07:10 AM
I really envy you seeing them.I at least have Beast Over hammersmith to get a feel as to what the show would have been like.I only saw them for the first time in 08 and that remains the best concert ive ever been to!.Did you end up[ getting any merch that night.

This is supposedly the tour shirt from that oz tour http://joeydabox.weebly.com/1982.html

ashstralia
02-20-2012, 07:19 AM
yeah the shirt with camo sleeves looks familiar... after the tickets, i couldn't afford a shirt.

we were front row brisvegas in 08; great show, ay mate?!!!

bruce is just legendary. the british DLR i always say...

rockhead
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree Maiden would be my number 1 band.I didnt see them in 92 but i sure made up for it, it was such a great nite, but im sure they will be here in feb 2013 on the Maiden England tour.Ill be betting Feb, as they toured here in Feb 08 then feb 2011, so we may have a pattern.

ashstralia
02-21-2012, 03:54 AM
they know they're well loved here mate. flight 666 certainly shows that. and everyone walking outta the show arm in arm with their new 20 best friends to the strains of 'always look on the bright side of life'?

fucking genius.

Dave's Bitch
02-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Kinda gutted that on the Maiden England tour there is not one date in england :(.I would very much like to see Maiden again

ashstralia
02-21-2012, 05:52 AM
DB; surely there's a strong fanbase in england for maiden. you'll see em.

you might have to buy nicko a pint, though.

;)

Dave's Bitch
02-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Maiden are an institution over here so it is just a matter of time.Feels like forever since i have been to a gig.I would buy nicko a pint,I did catch a signed drum skin when i last saw them so it would be a neat way to say thanks :)

rockhead
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
DB Im sure they will do a UK tour no doubt, just like they played at the O2 on the FF tour.They have only listed the US dates but this tour will be like the SBIT tour in 08 so they will go everywhere, i will not miss this tour with this setlist for the world.Im sure they will release the rest of the world dates in due course.........has Maidens popularity dipped much in the UK or is the fanbase still strong as ever?, like are there alot of poms still wearing old school Maiden shirts?:)

binnie
02-22-2012, 03:32 AM
They'd be foolish not to take the tour around the UK - easy money.

ashstralia
02-22-2012, 03:57 AM
exactly bin; and foolish they aint.:)

Dave's Bitch
02-22-2012, 04:04 AM
has Maidens popularity dipped much in the UK or is the fanbase still strong as ever?, like are there alot of poms still wearing old school Maiden shirts?:)

I don't think Maidens popularity will ever dip in the UK.Every time i have a night out or go to a gig there is always a handful of people in faded tour shirts who go crazy at the mention of Maiden.

ashstralia
02-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Every time i have a night out or go to a gig there is always a handful of people in faded tour shirts who go crazy at the mention of Maiden.

haha! i AM one of those people...:biggrin:

SparkieD
02-22-2012, 10:43 AM
I've seen 'em 13 times, but it's been a long time since I have so I am fucking ecstatic over this tour. I'm shocked that they are even coming anywhere nearby since it feels like forever since they've been here, but I am in complete disbelief that I get to see the first show of the tour!

One of the best nights of my entire life was on the World Slavery Tour. I saw them several times on that tour, but in Charlotte, I was the only girl in the front row, and Dave Murray threw me his sweat band. He motioned to the security guy in the pit to make sure nobody got it from me. I swear, I almost cried.

rockhead
02-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Sparkie, i take my hat off to you:yo:

Live after death was my first Maiden purchase on double cassette back in 88 when i was 13, and today ive gone through 6 of that album on CD through listening to much and i still have it on heavy rotation on my ipod, i never get tired of listening to both sides of that CD.

SCREAM FOR ME CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!!

Mr Walker
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
hate to sound like a glom... but does anyone know what the fan club presale password is?

Mr Walker
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Got my tickets today for the 6/29 show!

rockhead
03-13-2012, 02:32 AM
please do a review mr walker and also a scan of the tour shirts if you can. Ash and i will be waiting with baited breath!

Golden AWe
03-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Haha...I've enjoyed the few Maiden shows I've seen, but somehow the words "Iron Maiden" and "new" sound funny.

Hardrock69
03-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Sadly I have to miss this tour. At least I saw them in the summer of 2010 for the third time. I am happy to have seen them THAT many times.

ashstralia
03-13-2012, 05:05 AM
i love that my first \M/aiden concert and my most recent are decades apart.

something our stateside friends must be relishing right now, with the mighty =VH=.

well, most of em.:)