Who else could have replaced Dave in 1985?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcus
    Roadie
    • Oct 2004

Who else could have replaced Dave in 1985?

Just curious here. Who else was available or suitable for Dave's spot in 1985 when Sammy joined Van Halen?
    Love him or hate him...or just hate him...Sammy replaced Dave and somehow the band kept going. Impossible shoes to fill but somehow the band didn't tank.

Personally if they just changed their name when Sammy joined, most would have accepted that i.e. it wasn't real Van Halen. 2 totally different things.

Discuss...
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

nobody
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

no one suitable.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

They could have hired someone's ass, and called themselves Fart Halen...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Wait a second...they did that already...

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            They could have hired someone's ass, and called themselves Fart Halen...
            I feel classic pojo rant coming on.

either that or gamera is coming back. lol.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Fuck...they could have hired either Wham-fag...

and redid that fucking wake me up before you go-go...song...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Or they could have hired Paul Young in a one-song-off...

"Every Time you Go Away..."

and they could have...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

They could have really fucking rocked the world...and stole Chico Debarge from Debarge...

changed their name to Vanbarge...and nailed the fucking soundtrack for the fucking mammoth hit with the robot and Steve Guttenberg...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

They could have hired a living Beetle...imagine how good a Van Halen with fucking Ringo Starr would have been...VanStarr...RingoHalen...holy hell...

or fuck it...grab Julian Lennon...

HUGE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Sting was out there...and he did that cameo for Dire Straights...he could have taken over the Halens and influxed them with his solo-R&B flava'...

Imagine VH roll out that Russians song...

They could have called themselves Polalen...

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude!

why not boy george?

do you really wanna hurt me?
                        do really think i really need a cuuuuuuup..
                        wah wah wah wah

LOL

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I'm still stuck on Wham Halen...

There's a fucking ring there...and watching George Michaels tearing it up vocally...with the other Wham guy trading guitar licks with spEDddy...and adding monster back-up vocals to anthony...

shit...VanWham would have taken it straight to the grammys...where they would have performed with a young Rihanna singing some sort of vocals with them....

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Marcus

Personally if they just changed their name when Sammy joined, most would have accepted that i.e. it wasn't real Van Halen. 2 totally different things.

Discuss...

It was a combination of that, and Sammy jumping on the slam Dave bandwagon with the brothers. Sammy wasn't there when any of the shit went down, so he had no right to talk smack about it. It showed a lack of professionalism and that he was insecure in Daves shadow.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Frankly I'm amazed the VH brothers didn't find another relative to prop up there as the new frontman. Crap, now I've jinxed us
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...