PDA

View Full Version : NBA Relocation Thread - Who is going where? Does anyone care?

Romeo Delight
02-17-2011, 01:59 AM
David Stern has recently mentioned that Vancouver, among other cities, is looking to land an NBA franchise.

The rumor is New Orleans is likely coming to Vancouver as soon as they can get out of the lease - likely 2013.

Other cities are in the mix, but apparently Stern like the Group that owns the Vancouver Canucks and the job they have done with the team. He is looking to leave a legacy of something positive and frankly moving back to a city like Vancouver would be a great start.

I wonder if anyone cares about the NBA anymore? There are only 5 teams in the running every year. Without huge changes including revenue sharing and at least 5 teams being moved or dissolved, the league is in a world of hurt.

I don't know if I can take another round of players complaining about the lack of Taco Bell's and KFC's in Canada. Even better, there aren't as many types of cereals here...CEREALS?

Romeo Delight
02-17-2011, 02:03 AM
This just in - I saw 8 different types of Mini-Wheats today in my local supermarket. I think that is about half of what was in the Albertson's in Seattle, but please tell me there is more to life than the aspertame version of cocoa mini-Wheats?

sadaist
02-17-2011, 03:37 AM
There's too many NBA teams right now. Not every city can support a team. I say they look at dropping 4 teams & shrinking the league a bit. Some of the teams I hear about & think what the fuck? Who the hell are they? or they're still around? I totally forgot about them.

After Jordan retired my interest in the NBA dropped. Nothing since the mid 90's era has captivated me enough to watch or pay attention.

And frosted mini wheats should be frosted on both sides.