HS wrestler forfeits Championship match against a girl....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

HS wrestler forfeits Championship match against a girl....

discuss....
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fifth element
    I have boys who wrestle, 1 at a collegiate level, another in HS.
    They both think that deferring due to gender is not only an insult to the female wrestler, but just plain crazy on the part of the young boy.

she is aware by the time she reaches the Championships that wrestling is a combative sport....

Of course, it is not the first time that I have seen it happen.
    In Kids Club (wrestling), there are many parents who refuse to allow their young boys face off against a female, even though it costs him the match.
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

It's a shitty predicament to be in.

You can't lose to the girl at that age, as you'll get laughed at from then on out.

and you can't beat up on them because that's not really considered good manners according to society.

Having wrestled myself, a good friend of mine was involved in a similiar scenario, it's not really fun to do.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Unchainme
        It's a shitty predicament to be in.

You can't lose to the girl at that age, as you'll get laughed at from then on out.

and you can't beat up on them because that's not really considered good manners according to society.

Having wrestled myself, a good friend of mine was involved in a similiar scenario, it's not really fun to do.
        i can understand that, i suppose. when put in that perspective, it is a "no win" situation

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'd drop the atomic elbow on her ass.. maybe hit her with a chair. That would show her what's up.
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Well, it would be quite embarrassing for him to be wrestling a girl in a championship match only to get a hardon!

But I think he dishonored himself, his entire family, and the girl, not to mention his coach and his high school. If the girl was a good wrestler and willing to go for it, he should have been a good sport and at least tried to win. Forfeiting just makes him a pussy. Being defeated by her, he could at least say he tried. By not even trying, he is demonstrating he is afraid of women.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
              I'd drop the atomic elbow on her ass.. maybe hit her with a chair. That would show her what's up.

How about the use of a foreign object while the ref isn't looking?
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje

How about the use of a foreign object while the ref isn't looking?
                Like a Mexican? Sure, that's cool too....
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I think Sean Connery in "The Rock" said it best:

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

The problem at work here is one of funding. If the schools had a system that allowed a separate competition for girls, they would not be forced to compete against boys in the first place. That way, rather than creating awkward scenarios such as the one mentioned in the article, everyone choosing to compete would allowed to do so in a dignified manner. The other shoe will probably drop in the next few months, when some lawyer decides that this is a Title IX issue and sues the school on the girl's behalf.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      The problem at work here is one of funding. If the schools had a system that allowed a separate competition for girls, they would not be forced to compete against boys in the first place. That way, rather than creating awkward scenarios such as the one mentioned in the article, everyone choosing to compete would allowed to do so in a dignified manner. The other shoe will probably drop in the next few months, when some lawyer decides that this is a Title IX issue and sues the school on the girl's behalf.
                      agree on funding, etc... which is why it kind of is a Title IX issue....

but, why on the girls behalf? After all, she won the match...even if it was by default

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I think their needs to be Athletic clubs that are totally seperate from the school system. So that way if someone wants to get into professional sports, they can do it either on their own dime or get a beneficiary.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                          agree on funding, etc... which is why it kind of is a Title IX issue....

but, why on the girls behalf? After all, she won the match...even if it was by default
                          It could be part of a class action case for the "benefit of the public", using the girl's name as she was refused the right to compete.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                            Commando
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            I think their needs to be Athletic clubs that are totally seperate from the school system. So that way if someone wants to get into professional sports, they can do it either on their own dime or get a beneficiary.
                            there are. and, wrestling Kids clubs are open (in a major part of the US) to both boys and girls.

Comment

• fifth element
                              Commando
                              • Nov 2010

It could be part of a class action case for the "benefit of the public", using the girl's name as she was refused the right to compete.
                              i see.

how complicated things have gotten since everything has to be equal in all ways.

I mean, by and large, I am of the opinion that if a woman can DO a job that is "male oriented" then...why not?

but, the outright fact is that men are men and women are women....and we are different.

I don't think that it is possible to achieve a "Perfect equalness" when we are flat out different...

and sports activities seem to be one of those areas.
                              if this were not the case, why do we keep having issue after issue concerning the gender issues?

Comment

Working...