Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Former, Current VAN HALEN Members To Discuss '5150' Album On 'In The Studio'

Guitarist Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen, singer Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony will guest on the "In The Studio" show during the week of March 28. They will discuss the 25th anniversary of VAN HALEN's classic "5150" album with professional radio broadcaster and rock musician interviewer Redbeard.

Blabbermouth

• FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Ah yes 5150! The best real Van Halen record! The first VH record with the real line-up. Can't wait for Sammy, Mike, Ed, and Alex record the new VH record. HAHA!! ...I guess if I am in the pen I should act like I belong there.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Shut up Diaper!
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Ford, Im sorry I flew off the handle a while back. But truthfully I am as big of a Roth/Halen fan as everyone here. I am not a Van Hagar lover and never have been. Must I be in the pen?

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

I live, breath, eat, and sleep Van Halen... Why do I get kicked in the one place where everyone is on the same team?

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

So let me get this straight, this band hasn't said a word in over two fucking years and now they are going to do a broadcast where they talk about an album that started a downward spiral into the abyss?

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

"dry your eyes, save all the tears you cry, cause that's what dreams are made of" (Honestly, have you ever heard anything more corny than this, folks?)

Yep, that's definitely an album worth reminiscing about. "5150" is the quintessential soundtrack for wimpy suburban kids still seeking an identity. I didn't decide to stop being a Van Halen fan. With that album, they decided they didn't want me to be one. Van Halen turned into Styx, or Journey. If "Eat 'Em" didn't come out when it did, that summer would've really sucked!!

And I don't know about anyone else, but the songs themselves really creeped me out

Why Can't This Be Love?.....my love is rotten to the core motherfucker!!!! That's why!

"Best Of Both Worlds"?....the title alone lets you know it's some weird bisexual anthem.

and that goofy-assed "Love Walks Around" about being buttfucked by some aliens or some shit......you could picture Mikey and Sambo on the beach running toward each other in slow motion to that song! That could be the damn video!

Now, 25 years later, they're going to sit around and fondly reminisce over a 30-minute slab of corporate rock cheese? That's like missing a long lost girlfriend that did nothing but fuck all of your friends and gave you the clap!!
                It just doesn't make any damn sense! Especially when they're supposed to be in the studio putting together a new album with the REAL singer.

No good could possibly come of this.
                Last edited by hambon4lif; 02-18-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Ford, Im sorry I flew off the handle a while back. But truthfully I am as big of a Roth/Halen fan as everyone here. I am not a Van Hagar lover and never have been. Must I be in the pen?
                  You Wll Never Leave The Sheep Pen.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How the fuck can anybody celebrate THIS??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                      You Wll Never Leave The Sheep Pen.
                      Wow, that sucks.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

This is all very unlikely. Considering the current state of animosity going on (which will only be further fueled when Hagar's book hits the shelves), as well as the belief that Alex and Ed are currently in a studio with Roth, it just doesn't seem all that realistic that these four individuals will come together to reminisce about anything. If you listen to the preview clip (In The Studio), the only voice you hear is that of Hagar. So it wouldn't be a total stretch for he and Mike Anthony to offer new interviews for the program, while the Van Halen brother's contribution could be sampled from older interviews assembled cut and paste style. In fact, if the show ends up being anything other than this, it would be Earth shattering. Think about it: The only time Edward Van Halen has opened his mouth to talk about anything in the past several years was to discuss an amplifier he was selling, accept an award on a lower tier cable network and to utter a bathroom humor joke on a Charlie Sheen sitcom.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Must be separate recorded interviews.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

If not, I hope someone records the feud...

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

It's certainly the first time I've heard the phrase "classic Van Halen" linked to anything produced post-1984.

Hopefully, it will be the last time, although Hagar undoubtedly considers the shite he did with Ed on the same level as what the band created prior to him joining.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...