Here's a Democrat who has the right idea.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Here's a Democrat who has the right idea.

Dennis Kucinich introduces one of the most radical monetary reform bills in the House of Representatives since the Federal Reserve Act in 1913. Bill H.R. 6550 has the potential for transforming America and the world into a new era of prosperity, peace, and abundance. Will the banksters and their political poodles allow it?

It's good to see it's not just Ron Paul who wants to take control of the money supply away from the central banks.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well of course. It's Dennis Kucinich. He's been trying to do this for a long time. Not much chance of it passing a Repuke House though. I'm sure Ron Paul would sign on to it, but he would be the only one.

Worse yet, Ohio's numbers went down in the last census, so they're scheduled to lose a congressional district, and the corporatist pigs are pushing damn hard to make sure that it's Dennis' district that gets gerrymandered out of existence. They can't defeat him in an election, so now population decrease caused by three decades of fucked economic policies have given them a new way to get rid of him
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Ohio was outsourced to China and Mexico. At least the manufacturing base was. So much for services and technology making up for it. India got the service jobs.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Kucinich is mostly all talk...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Dennis Kucinich has the right idea? FUCK HIM! This is the guy with the best dental care in the world made available to him for free. Idiot bites down on an olive pit, chips his tooth, and sues for $150,000 for pain & suffering. Again I say FUCK HIM!

He's just another douche bag liberal who thinks everyone else needs to pay. I've chipped a tooth on a cornchip & didn't sue anyone. I went to the fucking dentist that I had insurance for. I've known plenty of other people that have chipped teeth on different food items and never sued anyone. Yeah, it sucks there was an olive pit in there, but I bet it wasn't on purpose. Accidents happen. And then it's time for him to use that free dental care we all pay for him. Not sue the company for an extra $150k to line his pocket.

You can't sue for every god damned thing that goes shitty in your life...you just can't.

Most shocking was the guy was eating a sandwich. I thought the guy only munched on cookies he made in a hollow tree somewhere.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Kucinich is mostly all talk...
            Most of them are. The guy could be a lying piss bag but getting rid of central banks and putting the government in charge of the money supply is the right idea.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Nice FAUX noize level distortion there, Sadie. This was a bit more serious than a "chipped tooth". And no, his insurance didn't cover it, by the way....

Dennis Kucinich Settles Olive-Pit-In-Sandwich Lawsuit

THOMAS J. SHEERAN 01/28/11 05:26 PM AP

CLEVELAND — Rep. Dennis Kucinich said Friday that he settled a lawsuit filed against a Capitol Hill cafeteria over a split tooth he says he suffered when he bit into an olive pit in a sandwich wrap.

The lawsuit filed in early January in Washington had sought $150,000 in damages from companies involved with the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria. The lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount that reflected out-of-pocket costs, according to the parties involved.

The Ohio congressman said biting into the pit in April 2008 split a tooth down to the bone, caused excruciating pain and required reconfigured bridgework. The damaged tooth became infected, and he suffered a reaction to an antibiotic and an intestinal obstruction that required emergency medical attention, Kucinich said.

The initial dental implant to replace the split tooth failed and required a second attempt, he said. None of the dental expenses were covered by insurance, he said.

Kucinich, a liberal who made an unsuccessful bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, said he was satisfied with the legal outcome.

"I feel that the defendants have responded fairly and reasonably," he said in a statement. "I don't want to have to make another dental visit for a very long time."

One company named in the lawsuit, Compass Group USA Inc., declined to release settlement terms.

"The parties have exchanged information and, after some investigation and discussion, have resolved the matter for an amount all parties believe reflects the actual out-of-pocket expenses related to this incident," the company said in a statement.

A second company named in the lawsuit, Performance Food Group Co., didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Here's Kucinich's best idea:

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

dennis kucinich and ron paul are not electable 2012 GOP presidential candidates.
                  neither one of these crack-pots should ever be allowed to run for the white house.
                  bearing in mind that i am a republican, of course.
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                    dennis kucinich and ron paul are not electable 2012 GOP presidential candidates.
                    neither one of these crack-pots should ever be allowed to run for the white house.
                    bearing in mind that i am a republican, of course.
                    With all the exposed corruption and the economy tanking 2012 will be a very different election. I think by then food and fuel prices will be through the roof with lot's of angry people protesting all over the place. Obama's lies and charm are going to wear thin.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Paul/Kucinich 2012

Comment

Working...