X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Linkin Park Assessment

I'm curious of your opinions as guitarists on this...

My son is a big fan of Linkin Park, so I recorded their concert at Madison Square Garden that was on Fuse TV last night....

They're one of the few rock bands that I can listen to in the last 25 years, although I can't stand the rap.... "In The End" is a really good song, the singer has a good rock voice IMO.... There are a few other good songs as well....

But as I watched about half of the show, I just couldn't get over the simplistic chords that they just played over and over.... Now admittedly, I'm not a guitarist, but I've been listening and watching rock guitar for many, many moons, and I know when someone is a good or outstanding guitarist and when someone is simply average.....

And I just kept thinking to myself, "these guys couldn't exist in the '70's".... You simply didn't make it back then by constantly playing melodies that a RHYTHM guitarist should be playing, not a LEAD guitarist....

Your thoughts ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Basically Maroon 5 with Humbuckers and Mesa Dual Rectifiers.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm of the opinion that LP is a terrible, terrible band. The lyrics are just so bad... like 7th grade level. How groups like them and nickleback can be so popular is sad and completely beyond me.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

Working...