PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Pages : [1] 2

tojoro
02-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Let's see where the Osbournes go with this one:

Ozzy Osbourne Named The Record Store Day Ambassador 2011

February 22, 2011

Record Store Day is proud to announce the appointment of Ozzy Osbourne as the Record Store Day Ambassador 2011. "I now have the power to command you to attend Record Store Day, April 16th. Be there!" Go to http://www.recordstoreday.com right now for a special message from the Ambassador himself.

As one of the most iconic figures in pop culture, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and multi-Grammy winner Ozzy Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, approximately 50 million with his seminal metal band Black Sabbath and the rest as a solo artist, many of which were initially released on vinyl. On any given day you can hear Ozzy's music blasting at sporting events, in the movies, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your iPod.

The folks at Record Store Day couldn't be more pleased than to have this true rock legend whose career has spanned four decades and whose music continues to be relevant today, as evidenced by 2010's SCREAM (Ozzy's 10th solo album, which entered the charts in the Top Ten in seven countries) and his in-progress 18-month world tour--as this year's ambassador. "The Record Store Day Ambassador's main purpose is to claim the mantle of greatness that conveys the majesty of the amazing array of releases made on the world's only holiday devoted to music. We were thrilled when the inaugural position was held in 2009 by the Eagles of Death Metal front man Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes, and was then followed in 2010 by QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures' Joshua Homme," says Record Store Day co-founder Michael Kurtz. "We really didn't know who could top this trajectory of camp and circumstance and, needless to say, we were gobsmacked when Ozzy stepped up to the plate."

Ozzy fans who come out to support Record Store Day will have the first chance to purchase a special 7" vinyl single of Diary of a Madman's "Flying High Again" (with a live version of "I Don't Know" as the B side), along with full-length vinyl versions of the newly expanded 30th anniversary editions of his Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman albums.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist and include the groundbreaking union of Ozzy and the late guitar prodigy Randy Rhoads. These two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond. "Crazy Train," the first single from Blizzard of Ozz, has become one of Ozzy's musical signatures, a perennial on the rock playlists and as part of Ozzy's live performances. 30 years later, we are celebrating these releases and this special partnership.

For more information on exclusive Record Store Day events, products and participants, visit http://www.recordstoreday.com

Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale. Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Record Store Day Sponsors: Crosley Radio, EMI Distribution, Fontana Distribution, Furnace MFG, NARM, RED Distribution, Sony Music, Universal Music Distribution, Vivendi Entertainment, WEA Distribution, Alternative Distribution Alliance and Warner Bros. Records.

Courtesy of http://www.sleazeroxx.com and http://www.recordstoreday.com

Could be the start of something good, could be another let down...who knows??

T.

Seshmeister
02-23-2011, 07:14 AM
They are now selling us the thing that we all bought in the first place but that they stopped us buying for years?

It's like soap powder where they say 'New Improved Original'.

Maybe the audiophiles can comment but I always thought that the quality of a 7" was much less than 12" so is there any point at all in a vinyl single these days?

Mr Badguy
02-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".

Seshmeister
02-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I think they come with a booklet detailing all the cosmetic surgery for his wife the albums paid for.

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".

How can you "expand" vinyl, unless adding a second record? The CDs could be a different story, including studio chatter and outtakes, like the bit of Randy working on "Dee" from the Tribute album. There were a few mentions at Braveworlds (http://www.bravewords.com/news/139240) last year, but since then, nothing:

Exclusive Update: OZZY OSBOURNE - Blizzard, Diary 30th Anniversary Editions Due Out By US Thanksgiving; Randy Rhoads Video Footage Being Worked On

Rarities
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 17:52:56 EST

As previously reported by BLACK SABBATH News last week, 30th Anniversary Editions of OZZY OSBOURNE's first two legendary solo albums featuring the late guitarist Randy Rhoads - Blizzard Of Ozz (1980) and Diary Of A Madman (1981) - are due out later this year.

"They definitely are coming out this year," Sharon Osbourne told BraveWords.com a few hours ago today (May 19th). "They are coming out for (US) Thanksgiving and they will be on the market then. It's going back to the original recordings with (Bob) Daisley (bass) and (Lee) Kerslake (drums). And there will be a lot of stuff that you haven't heard before in the packages. Like certain conversations that were going on in the studio with the guys just messing around while the tape was still rolling. All of that will be added into it."

Ozzy added jokingly - "Do I sing good?"

Sharon - "Fabulous!"

There's also talk of some visuals in the archives with Randy Rhoads? "There's two shows that we have in the archives that we are working on right now," Sharon reveals. "Of course in those days, the tapes were like twenty minutes and then you had to change the tape. So we're trying to clean it up, make sense of it. So we are working on it, along with another film we have of Randy. It will all be boxed together and it should be a great piece to have for a real fan. It will be an amazing piece."

Since their initial release twenty-three years ago, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman have sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Hmmm...

Jagermeister
02-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I wonder when they are going to stop talking about cashing on Randy and start doing it. I am sure they will fuck it up somehow.

sonrisa salvaje
02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Well lets see. I have the Jet originals on cd. Then i have the first remasters on cd. Then i have the Epic fake versions. If they put a 4th version out on cd, you would think i wouldn't go buy it since if have 3 versions already. But i'll be the first dumb son of a bitch in the parking lot.

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??

Diamondjimi
02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??

Pretty much sums it up....

FORD
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Funny how there's zero information out there concerning exactly what is included in these so-called "expanded" editions of the albums. It will be the restored original versions of the recordings with Daisley & Kerslake, which is a good thing. Presumably they will throw in the one or two "rare" tracks from that era that have been floating around in cyberspace ever since the glory days of Napster. That wouldn't be much of an "expansion" though. I already bought the last REAL remasters of these albums, so I'm not giving Sharon more money if it's just for one or two songs that weren't all that spectacular in the first place.

http://www.revolvermag.com/images/blog/Record%20Store%20Day%20-%20ozzyseal.jpg

Diamondjimi
02-23-2011, 01:32 PM
The O$bournes will NOT see another dime from me. I will download the new/old shit ....

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM

Mr Badguy
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I wonder what happened to the tapes from that 1980 show?

They wouldn't just have recorded three songs.

indeedido
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
sometimes there's a reason some songs weren't released. Those are not good, sound like throwaways.

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm not so sure that was an entire show, yet a couple of tracks from it wound up on the Tribute album ("Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies"). The thing that always bugged me was I had recorded a live show that was broadcast on FM radio from a performance (I think was) in 1981. To this day I believe that a good portion of the show went on the Tribute album, mainly because both contained identical tedious drum solos. And I never could quite figure out why an album dedicated to Rhoads should have a drum solo in the first place.

FORD
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I used to have a tape of that show that was on the radio. It's definitely the same gig as Tribute, except Ozzy's entire vocal was overdubbed on the album, even his introduction of the previously mentioned Aldridge drum solo!

Of course "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" were NOT part of that broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that they were from another show. Also explains why they come after "Paranoid" on the album, which should have been the encore. It also means yet another uncredited appearance by Daisley and Kerslake on an Ozzy album. I'm actually shocked that Sharon didn't "remaster" Tribute as well.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
i still have the original jet records vinyl from 1980 and 1981.
i even still have the cassette tapes.
cd re-re-remasters, no thanks.
i'll pass.
are they ever gonna reinstate and re-issue to the available ozzy catalog"talk/speak of the devil" "the ultimate sin", "just say ozzy", "live and loud w/ shot in the dark", "the ozzman cometh w/ shot in the dark, and the 2nd bonus disc" that was only available with 1st pressing of it in 1996?
even though i have all this stuff, it should not have been deleted from the available ozzy catalog.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
i still have the original jet records vinyl from 1980 and 1981.
i even still have the cassette tapes.
cd re-re-remasters, no thanks.
i'll pass.
are they ever gonna reinstate and re-issue to the available ozzy catalog"talk/speak of the devil" "the ultimate sin", "just say ozzy", "live and loud w/ shot in the dark", "the ozzman cometh w/ shot in the dark, and the 2nd bonus disc" that was only available with 1st pressing of it in 1996?
even though i have all this stuff, it should not have been deleted from the available ozzy catalog.

Seshmeister
02-23-2011, 03:01 PM
YOU SAID IT ALL/YOU LOOKING AT ME

These two should have been on the crappy Prince of Darkness box set.

I guess if some royalties trickle down to the band then it's all good but I won't be buying.

For a start I have nothing left to play vinyl on and who needs the hassle in this day in age.

What's next? Black Sabbath on wax cylinder?

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I used to have a tape of that show that was on the radio. It's definitely the same gig as Tribute, except Ozzy's entire vocal was overdubbed on the album, even his introduction of the previously mentioned Aldridge drum solo!

Of course "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" were NOT part of that broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that they were from another show. Also explains why they come after "Paranoid" on the album, which should have been the encore. It also means yet another uncredited appearance by Daisley and Kerslake on an Ozzy album. I'm actually shocked that Sharon didn't "remaster" Tribute as well.

I still have the show...

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I still have the show...

i have many ozzy/randy shows.
some soundboards, some audience.
i know i have at least 2 or 3 that are soundboard.
minneapolis is a soundboard.
"tribute" is the cleaveland show, i think.
montreal is a soundboard.
i have dec. 31, 1981 show, it's audience, and a damned good one, too!
i have a picture of the band on stage that i took at long beach arena show
after the band took their bows........ozzy, randy, tommy and rudi.
i've only ever shown it to a handful of people.
but i do still have it.
i have never allowed the picture to be published.

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
How old are you again ??

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
How old are you again ??

He was 4 when the picture was taken.
He won't allow it to be published because it doesn't exist.

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM

There was a page a couple years back with 3 or 4 shows of Randy, including the King Biscuit one (amazing), Tribute and even some QR.
Shame it got taken down.

Diamondjimi
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
sometimes there's a reason some songs weren't released. Those are not good, sound like throwaways.

"You said it all" was written during soundchecks and recorded onstage . "You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs. It was originally used as a B-side to Mr.Crowley. Never cared much for it. Though I've always liked "You Said it all" since I bought the EP when it was originally released...

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UHHRFIJF
Randy and Ozzy King Biscuit

Diamondjimi
02-23-2011, 06:32 PM
i have many ozzy/randy shows.
some soundboards, some audience.
i know i have at least 2 or 3 that are soundboard.
minneapolis is a soundboard.
"tribute" is the cleaveland show, i think.
montreal is a soundboard.
i have dec. 31, 1981 show, it's audience, and a damned good one, too!
i have a picture of the band on stage that i took at long beach arena show
after the band took their bows........ozzy, randy, tommy and rudi.
i've only ever shown it to a handful of people.
but i do still have it.
i have never allowed the picture to be published.

Dude, you're 33. How the fuck does a 3 year old toddler take a picture at an Ozzy show???

78/84 guy
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
My buddy was at the MN show in 82. He told me about it 10or 15 years ago how he thought he was going to miss it or be late because of snow. I picked up a copy of it at a record show and gave it to him just last week. He said he got goose bumps when he played it !! He said Randy was just awesome live.

FORD
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
"You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs.

The solo in particular was a direct lift from the Quiet Riot song "Breaking Up Is a Heartache" which they had planned for their third album, which was never finished. Quiet Riot did play the song live in their later shows, and eventually the "remixed" studio version saw the light of day in that compilation released by DuBrow in 1994.

The original version is on You Tube however. Goddamn DuBrow sounds gay here........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS6pmUailwM

kwame k
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Dude, you're 33. How the fuck does a 3 year old toddler take a picture at an Ozzy show???

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/BabyAce.jpg

FORD
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Another original track from the aborted "Quiet Riot III" later "remixed" by DuBrow.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXNBSAKat4

Seshmeister
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
"You said it all" was written during soundchecks and recorded onstage . "You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs. It was originally used as a B-side to Mr.Crowley. Never cared much for it. Though I've always liked "You Said it all" since I bought the EP when it was originally released...

I quite liked YLAM, I had it from the B side of the UK Crazy Train single. Good solo which FORD tracked to QR. (Didn't we have this same conversation already just a few months ago here?)

I don't think I knew about You Said it all until the someone mentioned it here about 10 years ago.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM

actually, i was 4 thank you.
i was on my dad's shoulders.
mom had won the tickets off of the radio.
i don't recall what station.
anyway, dad handed my the camera, he held me reall still up in the air, and i snapped the picture.
i learned how to use a camera when i was 2 in 1979.
my mom taught me.
anyways, a few years ago, mom was going through some old shoeboxes of photos.
she found this undeveloped roll of film in it, with my name on it, in dad's handwriting, no less!
so in 2006, she developed the roll.
then she told me about it.
so i went to see her in august 2006, to help bury grandma's urn and and aunt pat's casket.
grandma and aunt pat were sisters and wanted to be buried at thesame time.
aunt pat first because she was older.
grandma was murdered in 1996 and cremated.
so while mom and were going through some old photo albums.......the pictures were in it!
i asked mom if i could have a few of the pictures.
i told her which ones i wanted.
she said that was fine because i'm the one who took them any ways.
she got to keep the ones she wanted.
so since 2006, i have the only copy of that picture.
now if only i could get dad to give me a copy of the picture of when i met and got an autograph from sandy koufax at
dodger town in vero beach, florida the day before easter in spring 1989.
his head was down and pen was on the paper while he was signing it.
i'm on one side of sandy, and my then step brother danny on the other.
i've only ever seen that picture once.
sandy had his grey "away" uniform on.
#32.
really nice guy.
the paper pad with the autograph, a steno notebook, unfortunately was thrown away in one of the times my dad moved during the 1990's.

anyways, there ya go.
2 true stories for the price of one.
betcha you don't ever ask me to splain nothin' ever again, fucker!!!
fuck, i am very fucking stoned right now on legal madical reefer!!!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!

<TvMG20colas#Dinlne%im thite#D22%Bi tGingn22 ubodere23D020albt23D22" usrc23D22%htt;A//www.othearmy.com/or%ms./imge=s/smiles%/011.gf usmilesd#D22'".<Atoned%-smily#A3C/P>%

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
betcha you don't ever ask me to splain nothin' ever again, fucker!!!

<TvMG20colas#Dinlne%im thite#D22%Bi tGingn22 ubodere23D020albt23D22" usrc23D22%htt;A//www.othearmy.com/or%ms./imge=s/smiles%/011.gf usmilesd#D22'".<Atoned%-smily#A3C/P>%

Betcha nobody made it past the second line.

*wonder if that King Biscuit link works...* That was an intense show.

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I read the first two and the last three and from that I can see it's a total load of crap...

kwame k
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
so i went to see her in august 2006, to help bury grandma's urn and and aunt pat's casket.
grandma and aunt pat were sisters and wanted to be buried at thesame time.
aunt pat first because she was older.
grandma was murdered in 1996 and cremated.

:headlights:

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
tune in next week on Dark Shadows when Aunt Tillie returns from the grave to avenge the murder of grandma Diamond.

Kwame he keeps setting you up for the photoshops. lmao

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I bet ace would be good on Judge Mathis...

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 08:10 PM
He was 4 when the picture was taken.
He won't allow it to be published because it doesn't exist.

did you miss the part where i mentioned that i have that very picture here in my home?
i know right where it is, too.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I can't stop laughing:lmao:

Someone else pick up the ball on this one till I catch my breath!

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
tune in next week on Dark Shadows when Aunt Tillie returns from the grave to avenge the murder of grandma Diamond.

How much ya wanna bet that ace's great uncle Barnabas is rethinking that whole "I can never die" thing after reading some of ace's posts?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o300/reiko7176/barnabas-collins.jpg

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 08:18 PM

it was a home invasion robbery at her apartment in apache junction, arizona in 1996.
when the robbers found her home and asleep in bed, they smashed the back on her skull out through
her nose.
she was asleep.
she never felt a thing.
to this day, so far as i know, the cops have no clue who did it.
nor do they much care to find out.

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 08:18 PM
did you miss the part where i mentioned that i have that very picture here in my home?
i know right where it is, too.

i remember the part where your friend was in the process of intentionally running over your cat while simultaneously videotaping it to taunt you with later.
And that was long after the raped Tonto one nut get my cousin out of my butt so that I can catch dinner out of the frozen food section to make a salad a day story.
So, yes the credibility has taken a couple of lumps there Running Bull.

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UHHRFIJF

OH the KB link works if anyone cares; only issue is the last song (Paranoid) is distorted.
Randy's amazing and the quality's great so I hope someone enjoys it.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
it was a home invasion robbery at her apartment in apache junction, arizona in 1996.
when the robbers found her home and asleep in bed, they smashed the back on her skull out through
her nose.
she was asleep.
she never felt a thing.

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
So, yes the credibility has taken a couple of lumps there Running Bull.

And it certainly took a hit last Sunday afternoon when he asked to have his account deleted, then showed up the very next day as if nothing happened.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
And it certainly took a hit last Sunday afternoon when he asked to have his account deleted, then showed up the very next day as if nothing happened.

that's because i was drunk and stoned and totally fucking wated, chef.......just like i am right now!
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

FORD
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
my mom taught me.

Uh huh.... sure she did.

anyways, a few years ago, mom was going through some old shoeboxes of photos.
she found this undeveloped roll of film in it, with my name on it, in dad's handwriting, no less!
so in 2006, she developed the roll.

A 25 year old roll of film, and the pictures turned out?

Bullshit.

Exposed film degrades within 5 years if it's not developed. By 25 years, I doubt there would be any recognizable images left.

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
By 25 years, I doubt there would be any recognizable images left.

The images could still exist, yet unfortunately they would be close-ups of ace's thumb over the lens.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Running Bull.

my name is not running bull.
it's Rainmaker.
I am not the chief, nor do I ever want to be the chief.
I will gladly pass on that burden to someone else more able to bear the weight of that responsibility than I.

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
my name is not running bull.
it's Rainmaker.

Also known as "He Who Fouls The River" and "Sweats Like A Moose".

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Uh huh.... sure she did.

A 25 year old roll of film, and the pictures turned out?

Bullshit.

Exposed film degrades within 5 years if it's not developed. By 25 years, I doubt there would be any recognizable images left.

film was in a sealed plastic film canister, sealed inside of an airtight jar, in a shoebox, in a closet for 25 years.
the seal never opened on that jar for 25 years.

ELVIS
02-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Doesn't matter...BUSTED!

kwame k
02-23-2011, 08:56 PM
her nose.
she was asleep.
she never felt a thing.

Best left unsolved, really....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCSMjHJAvg

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Doesn't matter...BUSTED!

actually it does matter, and i'm not busted.
how could i be busted when i have the picture right in front of me, eh, klem?
don't you have a klan rally to get to right quick?

FORD
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
film was in a sealed plastic film canister, sealed inside of an airtight jar, in a shoebox, in a closet for 25 years.
the seal never opened on that jar for 25 years.

Doesn't matter when the chemical composition of the emulsion on the film itself becomes unstable over time.

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Did they ever release video footage of Randy they were talking about doing last year?
Or is that getting lumped into this expanded thing ? (It's probably the After Hours stuff that's been available for years)

I think fans remember the tampered with albums and don't accept that they would tamper with some of the best hard rock albums over bad blood with the family.
That can't help their bottom line with regards to sales of the 30th anniversary Diary and Blizzard.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Best left unsolved, really....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCSMjHJAvg

dude, what does my grandmothers' murder have to do with spinal tap?
how rude.
i gave the eulogy in 2006 when we buried grandma's urn in the urn garden at mesa city cemetary
in mesa arizona.
mom tried, but she was too choked up after about 2 words.
earlier that day, i took my mothers place as one of the pall bearers for aunt pat's casket.
dude, please don't be an ass on this one.
shirley ingalls is in the urn garden, and aunt pat, patricia asher, is buried sadly in an unmarked grave.
the rest of the family was supposed to pay for her headstone.
instead they spent the money on dope and booze.
mom and i are none to pleased about it.
if mother and i could afford it, aunt pat would have a headstone marker.
as it stands, it's too much money.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
how rude.
i gave the eulogy in 2006 when we buried grandma's urn in the urn garden at mesa city cemetary
in mesa arizona.
earlier that day, i took my mothers place as one of the pall bearers for aunt pat's casket.
shirley ingalls is in the urn garden, and aunt pat, patricia asher, is buried sadly in an unmarked grave.

Did you sing a song????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnsIxSEx3Yk

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Did you sing a song????????
no.
i did not.

Terry
02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
How can you "expand" vinyl, unless adding a second record? The CDs could be a different story, including studio chatter and outtakes, like the bit of Randy working on "Dee" from the Tribute album. There were a few mentions at Braveworlds (http://www.bravewords.com/news/139240) last year, but since then, nothing:

Exclusive Update: OZZY OSBOURNE - Blizzard, Diary 30th Anniversary Editions Due Out By US Thanksgiving; Randy Rhoads Video Footage Being Worked On

Rarities
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 17:52:56 EST

As previously reported by BLACK SABBATH News last week, 30th Anniversary Editions of OZZY OSBOURNE's first two legendary solo albums featuring the late guitarist Randy Rhoads - Blizzard Of Ozz (1980) and Diary Of A Madman (1981) - are due out later this year.

"They definitely are coming out this year," Sharon Osbourne told BraveWords.com a few hours ago today (May 19th). "They are coming out for (US) Thanksgiving and they will be on the market then. It's going back to the original recordings with (Bob) Daisley (bass) and (Lee) Kerslake (drums). And there will be a lot of stuff that you haven't heard before in the packages. Like certain conversations that were going on in the studio with the guys just messing around while the tape was still rolling. All of that will be added into it."

Ozzy added jokingly - "Do I sing good?"

Sharon - "Fabulous!"

There's also talk of some visuals in the archives with Randy Rhoads? "There's two shows that we have in the archives that we are working on right now," Sharon reveals. "Of course in those days, the tapes were like twenty minutes and then you had to change the tape. So we're trying to clean it up, make sense of it. So we are working on it, along with another film we have of Randy. It will all be boxed together and it should be a great piece to have for a real fan. It will be an amazing piece."

Since their initial release twenty-three years ago, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman have sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

While I usually call "bullshit" on people who post info taken from 'insider sources' I have some info regarding the video end of the proposed upcoming Blizzard/Diary releases.

Longtime friend of mine (have known the dude since we were 10 years old) works in the music biz. About two years ago, he was assigned to work with the Osbournes for a short period, roughly three weeks. During that period, he offered technical advice on visual and audio restoration specifically involving the tv studio shot footage of the Diary Of A Madman tour lineup (Osbourne, Rhoads, Sarzo, Aldridge) playing live that has been heavily bootlegged and circulated. Some of this footage was included in the Tribute album "Crazy Train" video from the late 1980s. My friend stated that at the time the Osbournes were considering entering an agreement or business arrangement with the dude who was trying to cobble together a Rhoads documentary, and were in the initial stages of exploring how to restore footage and soundtracks from the RR period.

When I asked my friend what happened since then with the project, he said he had no idea what the status of it was as of late. While he was in the course of working with the footage the Osbournes told him then that they were contemplating co-production on that proposed documentary. However, as he was just there as a technical advisor, the business aspects of utilizing the footage beyond restoration weren't something he was concerned with. He also said he wasn't provided any footage other than the tv show to work on, so he has no idea what other visual RR materials the Osbournes have in storage.

My guess would be that said tv show would probably be the centerpiece of any hypothetical commemorative RR Blizzard/Diary reissue, as it was fairly clear the Osbournes had ownership rights to that show. If they have any pro-shot, multi-camera angle footage of any Ozzy gigs featuring RR is something I have no clue about, although it'd be surprising if it were so (if only in that the stuff hadn't leaked out into circulation by now.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Thought they were supposed to be buried together.....with aunt Tillie going first cause she was the oldest:headlights:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2011, 09:21 PM
how rude.
in mesa arizona.

it's all true. i ride past that cemetary every day and stopped on my way home, the urn garden is beautiful, by the way. he also pm'ed me the photo as proof and it is killer!!! now back to ozzy...

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Was the unmarked grave being tended to?

Seshmeister
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM

a) They are both improvised, fictional and amusing.

b) Your Gran played drums for Tap back when they were called the New Originals

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Thought they were supposed to be buried together.....with aunt Tillie going first cause she was the oldest:headlights:

they were buried one right after the other.
after aunt pat's casket was lowered into the ground of a regular grave plot,
mom and i went to the office there at the graveyard, i got grandma shirly's urn, i carried it to the urn garden,
i gave the eulogy, i put the urn in the ground at the urn garden, i put 2 quarters on it so she could pay the ferry man to cross the river,
aunt pat was buried with her 2 quarters in a small pouch around her neck.
i stood there while the cemetary guy put the cement in on top of it.
i very sternly told him not to touch the quarters.
he did not.
once the cement was in and leveled off, the lid was sealed on.
i've been back to see grandma, aunt pat, and even great-grandma jewel is buried there.
mom, her hubby, and i visited there last year together.

FORD
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
So why does Grandma Diamond look like Ed Begley Jr? She must have been Albino too! :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-BYzaDwNoE

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
it's all true. i ride past that cemetary every day and stopped on my way home, the urn garden is beautiful, by the way. he also pm'ed me the photo as proof and it is killer!!! now back to ozzy...

i did not pm you a picture where grandma shirley ingalls urn is buried because i don't have a picture of it.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
i did not pm you a picture where grandma shirley ingalls urn is buried because i don't have a picture of it.

i was lying about the 25 year old kodak, dude....

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
So what you're saying is aunt Tillie is really Ed Begley Jr.........I thought she was still alive:headlights:

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM

So was he but is Ed Begley Jr still alive or buried in aunt Tillie's grave:pullinghair:

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
a) They are both improvised, fictional and amusing.
wrong on all counts.

b) Your Gran played drums for Tap back when they were called the New Originals

grandma shirley did not play drums.
she liked to sing church hymns and country along with the radio while chain smoking and not rolling the windows of the fucking car down because
she was afraid her wig might blow off her head.
grandma shirley was absolutely and certifiably fucking crazy.
she did too many drugs in the 60's and it made her nuts.
she somehow lost her hair and started wearing wigs around the same time.
mom has some pictures that i've seen.

FORD
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Ingalls?

http://www.dvdsonsales.com/media/upload/image/Little%20House%20on%20the%20Prairie.jpg

So which one of the girls was your grandma again?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Was the unmarked grave being tended to?

it appeared to be, there were so many....

ace diamond

well, that's you.
i've got the ozzy/randy/tommy/rudi picture.
shit in 1981, developed in 2006.
one copy only.
i have it right here in front of me.

PETE'S BROTHER
Ingalls?

http://www.dvdsonsales.com/media/upload/image/Little%20House%20on%20the%20Prairie.jpg

the one that went blind!!!! :lmao:

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
So was he

no.
i'm not.
feel free to look it up.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 09:41 PM
grandma shirley did not play drums.
she liked to sing church hymns and country along with the radio while chain smoking and not rolling the windows of the fucking car down because
she was afraid her wig might blow off her head.
grandma shirley was absolutely and certifiably fucking crazy.
she did too many drugs in the 60's and it made her nuts.
she somehow lost her hair and started wearing wigs around the same time.
mom has some pictures that i've seen.

Fuck aunt Tillie rocks on the drums, Ace..........

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
no.
i'm not.
feel free to look it up.

he can't look up a photographic gem that you have selfishly refused to publish for nigh on 5 years....

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Ingalls?

aunt laura died February 1957.
she was very old by then.
nearly 90 i think.
my mom was born December 1957.
10 months after aunt laura ingalls died.
great-grandpa leroy was born in 1905.
he died in the late 60's or early 70's.
i know it was before i was born.
laura ingalls-wilder was his great aunt.

FORD
02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
the one that went blind!!!! :lmao:

Shit! How the fuck did I miss that one? :lmao:

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
he can't look up a photographic gem that you have selfishly refused to publish for nigh on 5 years....

pb, where they are buried is a matter of public record.
he can look it up.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
pb, where they are buried is a matter of public record.
he can look it up.

he was reffering to the photo. expanded vinyl........

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Fuck aunt Tillie rocks on the drums, Ace..........

who is tillie?
i don't know anyone named tillie.

FORD
02-23-2011, 09:53 PM
aunt laura died February 1957.
she was very old by then.
nearly 90 i think.
my mom was born December 1957.
10 months after aunt laura ingalls died.
great-grandpa leroy was born in 1905.
he died in the late 60's or early 70's.
i know it was before i was born.
laura ingalls-wilder was his great aunt.

Leroy? There wasn't no Leroy in the Ingalls family. :lmao:

Oh wait.... I think I found a picture of him!

http://www.zunshine.com/prairiepics/season5/kagan7.jpg

tojoro
02-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry to start a thread and vanish, but the only way I can log on is through Mozilla, and that won't fly at work.
A couple of late observations, if I may:
The live cuts of No Bone Movies, Goodbye To Romance, I Don't Know, Mr Crowley & Suicide Solution are all from the Southampton, UK gig in October 1980 with the original (best) lineup.
Of course You Said It All was from the same, but recorded during soundcheck with crowd noise added, as pointed out earlier.
I Don't Know went on to be used as the Bside for the Flying High Again and Over The Mountain singles, while Crowley and Suicide went on the Crowley live EP. The Southampton gig has yet to surface in bootleg circles and there was some speculation that this was possibly the live audio that was to be part of the Expanded Blizzard set that was to come out this past Thanksgiving.
There is mention of the expanded CDs being released in May. Not sure why they've chosen to roll out the vinyl first? I was one who preordered those discs thru CDJapan this past Summer, if they contact me letting me know they're available, I'll let you folks know.
In terms of other Rhoads footage, this thread has to do with the legendary silent footage the two brothers shot when the DOAM tour rolled through Phoenix:

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13395

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13444

You know someone had to have pulled the same shit during the Golden Age of VH!!

P.S. Chef, real good point of why the inclusion of a Tommy's solo on a tribute to Randy? I would have rathered 'Tonight' with the unfaded outro solo....

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Leroy? There wasn't no Leroy in the Ingalls family. :lmao:

ford, or any board member here:
go to pomona city public library in downtown pomona, ca.
before she died, the widow of leroy ingalls, edna ingalls,(maiden name apgar),
donated aunt laura's hand written note books, letters, family pictures, and a copy of the ingalls family tree.
the most recent entry in the ingals family tree is "leroy ingalls, born 1905"
if ya'll think i'm full of it, go see it for yourself.

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Sorry to start a thread and vanish, but the only way I can log on is through Mozilla, and that won't fly at work.
A couple of late observations, if I may:
The live cuts of No Bone Movies, Goodbye To Romance, I Don't Know, Mr Crowley & Suicide Solution are all from the Southampton, UK gig in October 1980 with the original (best) lineup.
Of course You Said It All was from the same, but recorded during soundcheck with crowd noise added, as pointed out earlier.
I Don't Know went on to be used as the Bside for the Flying High Again and Over The Mountain singles, while Crowley and Suicide went on the Crowley live EP. The Southampton gig has yet to surface in bootleg circles and there was some speculation that this was possibly the live audio that was to be part of the Expanded Blizzard set that was to come out this past Thanksgiving.
There is mention of the expanded CDs being released in May. Not sure why they've chosen to roll out the vinyl first? I was one who preordered those discs thru CDJapan this past Summer, if they contact me letting me know they're available, I'll let you folks know.
In terms of other Rhoads footage, this thread has to do with the legendary silent footage the two brothers shot when the DOAM tour rolled through Phoenix:

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13395

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13444

You know someone had to have pulled the same shit during the Golden Age of VH!!

P.S. Chef, real good point of why the inclusion of a Tommy's solo on a tribute to Randy? I would have rathered 'Tonight' with the unfaded outro solo....

or the version of "Over The Mountain" from the minneapolis show all cleaned up in place of the drum solo.

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Ingalls?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/AceFamily-1.jpg

Hard telling from that photo............

FORD
02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Now we know why Mary really went blind. It was by CHOICE! :lmao:

My only question is, why didn't Mr. Edwards heal her?

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
:lmao:

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
edna ingalls,(maiden name apgar),

You're related to gar?

FORD
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
You're related to gar?

Well he did just say we should go to the library.....

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:23 PM
ford, or any board member here:
go to pomona city public library in downtown pomona, ca.
before she died, the widow of leroy ingalls, edna ingalls,(maiden name apgar),
donated aunt laura's hand written note books, letters, family pictures, and a copy of the ingalls family tree.
the most recent entry in the ingals family tree is "leroy ingalls, born 1905"
if ya'll think i'm full of it, go see it for yourself.

Now will this be the library that you'll donate the nut your dad's uncle cut out of you?

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Well he did just say we should go to the library.....

Road trip:beers8:

Down a pint for every lie Ace has told on they way down there.......

FORD
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM

I can't drive in that condition! :gulp:

chefcraig
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM

Crap, I wouldn't get out of the driveway without seeing two of everything. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/drinks/drinking-3.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/free-drinks-smileys.html)

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Guys.......we'll charter a bus........let's not be ridiculous here:lmao:

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
You're related to gar?

no, i'm not.
edna ingalls (apgar) was one of "the munchkins" in the movie "the wizard of oz".

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 10:40 PM

that better be a "short bus" ride.

FORD
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
So the yellow brick road went to Walnut Grove before the Emerald City?

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:46 PM
no, i'm not.
edna ingalls (apgar) was one of "the munchkins" in the movie "the wizard of oz".

Funny, none of the chicks on Little House looked to be a midget :headlights:

FORD
02-23-2011, 10:46 PM

Maybe we can borrow the Ace Diamond Experience tour bus?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SFarsXrYt_k/S8PqRzBNbzI/AAAAAAAABhc/hrqI5g567qs/s1600/Short+Bus.jpg

hambon4lif
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
who is tillie?
i don't know anyone named tillie.Here's a cool vid of Jennifer and her "tillys"
:bigboobs:

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
:lmao:

kwame k
02-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Maybe we can borrow the Ace Diamond Experience tour bus?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SFarsXrYt_k/S8PqRzBNbzI/AAAAAAAABhc/hrqI5g567qs/s1600/Short+Bus.jpg

Considering his touring band is him and a drummer.........must be a tight squeeze:)

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Considering his touring band is him and a drummer.........must be a tight squeeze:)

gee, kwame, i was not aware that i had a new drummer.
:rolleyes:

kwame k
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
:lmao: that hack left you for a better band:lmao:

ace diamond
02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
:lmao: that hack left you for a better band:lmao:

no actually.
he left for a worse one.
the band he left me for didn't last long,
because they were such a joke.
a friend of mine went to one of their shows and told me it was so horrible
that most of the place was laughing at them as they were walking out
during the opening song of their first set of the night.
they disbanded about 10 months and 2 shows later.
my buddy told me that he made a bad decision when he left my band.
same goes for my last bass player.
i've heard his new music.
if you guys think my stuff is bad...........
this guys' stuff is way worse.........
yes, it's actually possible.

GO-SPURS-GO
02-24-2011, 01:16 AM

To help pay for the charter maybe you can ask Pete’s Brother if he can redirect the funds we sent to him to see if Ace was really jumped by skin heads. :biggrin:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?61542-help-support-a-new-fund&highlight=

Diamondjimi
02-24-2011, 03:47 AM
actually, i was 4 thank you.
i was on my dad's shoulders.
mom had won the tickets off of the radio.
i don't recall what station.
anyway, dad handed my the camera, he held me reall still up in the air, and i snapped the picture.

Scan and post the photo or your claim will remain bullshit... Just sayin...

ashstralia
02-24-2011, 05:18 AM
if you guys think my stuff is bad...........
this guys' stuff is way worse.........
yes, it's actually possible.

link please mate:)

tojoro
02-24-2011, 06:35 AM
In the event anyone was curious as to the remainder of what was played at that Southampton show, the closest bootleg I could find was the Hammersmith Odeon a week later on the 29th. I would imagine the set list was the same:

I Don't Know
You Looking At Me
Crazy Train
Goodbye To Romance
No Bone Movies
Mr Crowley
Revelation Mother Earth
Suicide Solution
Randy
Lee
Iron Man
Children of the Grave
Steal Away
Paranoid

http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewforum.php?f=17

For those who don't know, the above is the link for the free audio section at UR. It's pretty much any existing show with Randy. Once you join, you can download what you like. At least you know what you're getting, as there are so many boots out there with different dates, that wind up being the same show.
Lastly, I was glad to discover No Bone Movies made the cut for the Blizzard album and You Looking At Me was used for the Bside, as the reverse was the original plan.

ThrillsNSpills
02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
careful what you wish for

Jagermeister
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
In the event anyone was curious as to the remainder of what was played at that Southampton show, the closest bootleg I could find was the Hammersmith Odeon a week later on the 29th. I would imagine the set list was the same:

I Don't Know
You Looking At Me
Crazy Train
Goodbye To Romance
No Bone Movies
Mr Crowley
Revelation Mother Earth
Suicide Solution
Randy
Lee
Iron Man
Children of the Grave
Steal Away
Paranoid

http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewforum.php?f=17

For those who don't know, the above is the link for the free audio section at UR. It's pretty much any existing show with Randy. Once you join, you can download what you like. At least you know what you're getting, as there are so many boots out there with different dates, that wind up being the same show.
Lastly, I was glad to discover No Bone Movies made the cut for the Blizzard album and You Looking At Me was used for the Bside, as the reverse was the original plan.

Awesome! Thanks

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
To help pay for the charter maybe you can ask Pete’s Brother if he can redirect the funds we sent to him to see if Ace was really jumped by skin heads. :biggrin:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?61542-help-support-a-new-fund&highlight=

those, uh, funds.....:gulp: they are gone :gulp:

kwame k
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
those, uh, funds.....:gulp: they are gone :gulp:

...and you wonder why we lock the petty change box when you're around:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
...and you wonder why we lock the petty change box when you're around:biggrin:

i used to...:hee:

ace diamond
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Scan and post the photo or your claim will remain bullshit... Just sayin...

that will have to wait.
i do not have a scanner.
i see about it some time next week.

ace diamond
02-24-2011, 05:37 PM
now you can listen to it for yourself.......the last bass player i had.....
this is his new band.........and it's actually worse then mine!
i told you so.
http://www.reverbnation.com/theliberi

hambon4lif
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
now you can listen to it for yourself.......the last bass player i had.....
this is his new band.........and it's actually worse then mine!
i told you so.
http://www.reverbnation.com/theliberiI actually like them better. You should swallow your pride and ask them if they'll let you be in the band.

chefcraig
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I actually like them better. You should swallow your pride and ask them if they'll let you be in the band.

Or at least carry the equipment.

hambon4lif
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Or at least carry the equipment.I'm looking at the big picture here....

If he's busy making music and gigging with these dudes, he's not here hijacking threads to throw pity parties for himself.

It'd be good for his self-esteem.

Everybody wins.

Terry
02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm looking at the big picture here....

If he's busy making music and gigging with these dudes, he's not here hijacking threads to throw pity parties for himself.

It'd be good for his self-esteem.

Everybody wins.

:umm:

tojoro
03-18-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.myplaydirect.com/ozzy-osbourne/details/5779242?utm_campaign=ozzymusicstore&utm_medium=shopbanner&utm_source=website

Jérôme Frenchise
03-18-2011, 12:06 PM
€150???... I'll skip this reedition. I like both albums a fucking lot, though.

Seshmeister
03-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Not sure I have a great need for a 'Full-Size Detailed Replica of Ozzy's Iconic Cross.'

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Crucify your friends while listening to the Prince of Darkness.

gimme the gun gimme the gun shoot shoot shoot shoot.

indeedido
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
How generous to include a RR guitar solo that is 1:13 long. Bravo!

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Wasn't there some coveted live footage of Randy to go with this?

jhale667
03-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Didn't that footage get left out due to yet another legal dispute?

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 12:54 PM
How brilliant was it to have classical piano turn into Randy's flat 5's , then a blistering solo....damn !
the power of contrast

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM

would'nt surprise me a bit.

I wish that link I had a couple years ago was still active.
Plenty of live Randy magic.
The latest King Biscuit one I found had different tracks than the cassette I had (and worn out) years ago but it smoked the performances on Tribute, which as you all know weren't too shabby at all.

chefcraig
03-18-2011, 01:15 PM

A few more details:

Definitive Editions of Ozzy Osbourne's Landmark Solo Albums-- 'Blizzard of Ozz' & 'Diary of a Madman' --Restored & Remastered from the Original Recordings Set for Release Tuesday, May 17 on Epic Records/Legacy Recordings

PRNEWSWIRE (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/definitive-editions-of-ozzy-osbournes-landmark-solo-albums---blizzard-of-ozz--diary-of-a-madman---restored--remastered-from-the-original-recordings-set-for-release-tuesday-may-17-on-epic-recordslegacy-recordings-118238059.html)

New Editions of these Hard Rock Masterpieces Showcase Ozzy's Musical Collaborations With Late Guitar Hero Randy Rhoads

Special 30th Anniversary Deluxe Collector's Box Set Includes:

-- Both Albums On CD & Vinyl

-- 100-page Coffee Table Book

--"Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD Documentary

--Full-Size Detailed Replica of Ozzy's Iconic Cross and More

NEW YORK, March 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This year's crazy winter will continue well into the spring with a blizzard as intense as it gets.

On May 17, music fans will have their first taste of re-issues from rock icon OZZY OSBOURNE's catalog of work with the releases of two albums which form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist: Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman (Epic Records/Legacy Recordings). Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads. These definitive versions of 1980's Blizzard of Ozz (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's Diary of a Madman are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a deluxe collector's box. All versions were restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

The 30th Anniversary Edition of Blizzard of Ozz CD includes the original album in its entirety, restored and remastered for this edition, with bonus tracks, while the new Legacy Edition of Diary of a Madman includes the original album in its entirety, restored and remastered for this edition, with a bonus second CD of previously unreleased live performances featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads with rhythm section Rudy Sarzo (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums). (HUH? This means the material is from the U.S. leg of the tour.) A single disc version of the remastered Diary of a Madman will also be available.

For serious fans and collectors, the limited edition 30th Anniversary deluxe boxed set houses the restored and remastered vinyl and CD editions of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, the "Ozzy Live" compact disc. Beyond the music, the box set is highlighted by a variety of exclusives including an expansive 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years, and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD.

This new "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD chronicles Ozzy's years with Randy Rhoads features previously unseen footage of Ozzy and Randy filmed in 1981 & 1982; it incorporates rare archival photos and films; along with new and revelatory interviews with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Lemmy (Motorhead), Steve Vai, Nikki Sixx, Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Bill Ward and more. The DVD also contains over 70 minutes of additional rare live performances and interviews; included is the premiere of more than 30 minutes of newly-discovered never-bootlegged footage of Ozzy and Randy from the Blizzard of Ozz tour shot from the front of the stage at New York's fabled Palladium on May 2, 1981. This new feature is a must-see for aficionados of Ozzy's epic release, Blizzard of Ozz and its pivotal effect on rock & roll history.

Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman are landmark albums that took metal in a new direction in the early 1980's, inspiring whole new generations of rock bands and fans. "Crazy Train," the first single from Blizzard of Ozz, has become one of Ozzy's musical signatures, a perennial on the rock playlists and as part of Ozzy's live performances.

Blizzard Of Ozz (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)

1. I Don't Know (5:13)

2. Crazy Train (4:51)

3. Goodbye To Romance (5:33)

4. Dee (0:49)

5. Suicide Solution (4:17)

6. Mr. Crowley (5:02)

7. No Bone Movies (3:52)

8. Revelation (Mother Earth) (6:08)

9. Steal Away (The Night) (3:28)

BONUS TRACKS

10. You Looking At Me, Looking At You (Non-LP B-Side, Previously Unreleased in the U.S.) (4:15)

11. Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix, Previously Unreleased) (5:42)

12. RR (Previously Unreleased – Randy Rhoads guitar solo) (1:13)

Diary Of A Madman (Legacy Edition)

DISC 1

1. Over The Mountain (4:31)

2. Flying High Again (4:44)

3. You Can't Kill Rock And Roll (6:59)

4. Believer (5:15)

5. Little Dolls (5:39)

6. Tonight (5:50)

7. S.A.T.O. (4:07)

8. Diary Of A Madman (6:14)

DISC 2 -

Ozzy Live (recorded on the Blizzard of Ozz tour)

1. I Don't Know

2. Crazy Train

3. Believer

4. Mr. Crowley

5. Flying High Again

6. Revelation (Mother Earth)

7. Steal Away (The Night)

8. Suicide Solution

9. Iron Man

10. Children Of The Grave

11. Paranoid

Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set

Box Set Includes:

Blizzard Of Ozz (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)

Diary Of A Madman (Legacy Edition)

Blizzard Of Ozz (180-gram LP – original album only)

Diary Of A Madman (180-gram LP – original album only)

DVD – contains "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" documentary – and additional rare and unreleased performances and interviews

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 01:30 PM
What, no You Said it All ?

chefcraig
03-18-2011, 01:42 PM
What, no You Said it All ?

Looks like this "complete package" is leaving out the Mr. Crowley Live Ep, which included "You Said It All" along with "Suicide Solution" and "Mr. Crowley" itself. All three tracks were from a British show in 1980, featuring Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, which might explain why they are not included, depending upon whether or not you happen to be named Sharon Osbourne.

Jesus Christ
03-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Crucify your friends while listening to the Prince of Darkness.

Uh, no. Once was enough for Me! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/n080.gif

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM

ThrillsNSpills
03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Big shame the After Hours DVD wasn't recorded later so that it would include Little Dolls and Believer.

Bittersweet watching that stuff but it's real good.

78/84 guy
03-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Just call me Gump on this one !! Is Ozzy's brother, I mean wife pulling some fast one here ?? Does the $150 get you the same stuff on cd without the dvd ?? My eyes bugged out trying to read what you get. I don't need fucking vinyl. That shit went out in 1989 !!

ELVIS
03-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Vinyl is not out...

tojoro
03-19-2011, 03:44 PM
They rolled this out originally a couple of weeks ago. After about two hours, the box vanished from Ozzy's store. In it's place were the deluxe standalones of the two CDs. after two hours again, those were gone, leaving the current available catalog.
The box surfaced again, yesterday, but some things had changed.
Diary had long versions of Tonight and You Can't Kill R&R (about 20 seconds each...Rhoads outros?) and a 2010 mix of the title track.
Blizzard had a long version of Revelation Mother Earth, (over a minute more) and pictured with the Blizzard album was a second disc clearly marked "Southampton".
Of course this gig is the source for two Tribute tracks and the MR.C EP.
Not sure what happened there, the discs that are pictured now have different fonts.
This was discussed on Ultimate Rhoads when it all went down. I figured I'd wait to post here, til the announcement was made again.
This was the original tracklist, as well as a link to the orginal box pic when it first hit:

Diary of a Madman (Legacy Edition)
Pre-Order - Ships on or before May 03, 2011
Disc 1

1.Over The Mountain (4:31)
2.Flying High Again (4:44)
3.You Can’t Kill Rock And Roll (6:59)
4.Believer (5:15)
5.Little Dolls (5:39)
6.Tonight (5:50)
7.S.A.T.O. (4:07)
8.Diary Of A Madman (6:14)
9.Tonight (Long Version, Previously Unreleased) (6:09)
10.You Can’t Kill Rock And Roll (Long Version, Previously Unreleased) (7:11)
11.Diary Of A Madman (2010 Remix, Previously Unreleased) (6:08)

Disc 2 - Live 1981

1.I Don’t Know
2.Crazy Train
3.Believer
4.Mr. Crowley
5.Flying High Again
6.Revelation (Mother Earth)
7.Steal Away (The Night)
8.Suicide Solution
9.Iron Man
10.Children Of The Grave
11.Paranoid
This live CD showcases the power and intensity of an Ozzy Osbourne performance from 1981, with legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads at his side and the solid rhythm section of Tommy Aldridge (drums) and Rudy Sarzo (bass). Thirty years ago this line up stormed across the U.S. like a Blizzard, leaving audiences in complete awe. Mixed by Kevin Churko, who produced Ozzy's latest release "Scream" as well as 2007's "Black Rain". These never before released performances sound fresh and exciting, it's hard to believe they're 30 years old.

Blizzard of Ozz (Expanded Edition)
Pre-Order - Ships on or before May 03, 2011
1. I Don’t Know (5:13)
2. Crazy Train (4:51)
3. Goodbye To Romance (5:33)
4. Dee (0:49)
5. Suicide Solution (4:17)
6. Mr. Crowley (5:02)
7. No Bone Movies (3:52)
8. Revelation (Mother Earth) (6:08)
9. Steal Away (The Night) (3:28)
10. You Looking At Me, Looking At You (Non-LP B-Side, Previously Unreleased in the U.S.) (4:15)
12. Revelation (Mother Earth) (Previously Unreleased Version) (7:23)

-Goodbye to Romance (guitar & vocal 2010 new mix)
-RR (Randy Rhoads guitar solo-never released)
-You Looking At Me, Looking At You (original recording, b-side of Crazy Train 7", first time this version is available in the US)

Attachments:

http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5470

78/84 guy
03-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Vinyl is not out...
Elvis are you on the needle again ?? Love the artwork hate the sound !!

Kristy
03-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Expanded?

What does that mean?

Basically remapping (whatever that means) to a 24-bit digital sound. Allegedly, the sound is less compressed and more restored to "studio quality form" than the original standard CD and there may or may be not any included bonus material. The 24-bit mapping is a last-ditch attempt of the record industry to have consumers buy CD's instead of MP3 downloads claiming that that sound quality is better (which it is). MP3's downloads are shit but they out sell CD's by what, 10 to 1*? And "expanded" may mean there is unreleased photos, interviews with band members over the recording of the album then in the original liner notes - you know, shit like that in order to take your money.

*I'm only guessing on that one.

Hardrock69
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Though I am not in favor of pirating official material, in this case I will only say I will not EVEN think of dreaming about adding any goddamn cash to the Kunt's pockets.

I do however, look forward to seeing the new footage with Randy.

It would be cool to see footage of Kerslake and Daisley, as I have not ever seen footage of that lineup.

I have a lot of the available (at present) bootleg footage on one DVD, which includes the After Hours set.

I was driving around this weekend, running errands, and decided to switch on the radio. As a side note, if I turn the radio on, and I hear anything other than music, I turn it off immediately.

Anyway, I turned it on just in time to hear Ozzy yell "ALL ABOOOOOARD ha ha ha....." and thought "How cool! Something I don't mind listening to on the goddamnable suckass Classic Rock format radio station!".

So...after about the first 10 seconds, when the band actually kicked in, I thought to myself "Wait a minute....the bass usually has a sort of rounded tone to it....this is trebly with some slight distortion in the top end.....".

I immediately realized that this was the version where THE GODDAMNABLE KUNT supposedly had Rob Trujillo re-record the bass tracks.

I turned the radio off immediately.

A couple of things I pondered immediately thereafter:

1. Fucking goddamn Classic Rock stations do not have the fucking balls to play the ORIGINAL tracks off the original CDs, but instead have to suck SHARON THE KUNT's cock by playing these blasphemous piece of fucking shit versions.

2. I dig Rob Trujillo as a bassist, and have loved his playing ever since I discovered Infectious Grooves when I was living in L.A. in the early 90s.
I feel sorry for him in a way, as he was told to re-record the bass tracks on 2 classic albums. He knew that if he refused, he would lose the gig. I mean, let's face it...for most musicians, being in Ozzy's band could be seen as a VERY important thing to have on your resume.

So here Rob was....playing in Ozzy's band, enjoying what could possibly have been the greatest gig in his life, only to discover he was being asked to do something like that.
I would have hated to have been placed in that situation.

My first instinct would have been to quit immediately and tell THE KUNT to go fuck herself in the ass with a rusty chainsaw.
But then, if I had a family and kids to support, it may have made a difference.

I do not need to buy this box set to have remastered versions of the albums. I can remaster the motherfuckers myself and make them sound just as good as THE KUNT can do.

Secondly, I will get the new footage soon enough. And NO, I will not pay for it. Sharon can go to fucking HELL and DIE FOREVER IN FIRE!

FUCK THAT FUCKING BITCH! :mad:

My 2 cents.

chefcraig
03-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Though I am not in favor of pirating official material, in this case I will only say I will not EVEN think of dreaming about adding any goddamn cash to the Kunt's pockets...

FUCK THAT FUCKING BITCH! :mad:

You are not alone in this, my friend. There are already rumblings of a backlash taking place on more than a few forums, mostly because of the bait & switch tactics used by the official OZZY site regarding the Blizzard/Southampton material, which of course featured performances by the superior Bob Daisley/Kerslake rhythm section. It would be terrific if this a groundswell continued and forced a release of this long buried stuff, but this would depend largely upon Sharon Osbourne's ability to make a buck on it, rather than any sort of care for the wishes of the fan base.

FORD
03-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Basically remapping (whatever that means) to a 24-bit digital sound. Allegedly, the sound is less compressed and more restored to "studio quality form" than the original standard CD and there may or may be not any included bonus material. The 24-bit mapping is a last-ditch attempt of the record industry to have consumers buy CD's instead of MP3 downloads claiming that that sound quality is better (which it is). MP3's downloads are shit but they out sell CD's by what, 10 to 1*? And "expanded" may mean there is unreleased photos, interviews with band members over the recording of the album then in the original liner notes - you know, shit like that in order to take your money.

*I'm only guessing on that one.

A good guess, except that Blizzard and Diary were already 24 bits as of the last legitimate remasters......

That would be these.....

http://www.allflac.com/covers/b_22070_Ozzy_Osbourne-Blizzard_Of_Ozz__1995_Sbm_Remaster_-1980.jpg

http://www.allflac.com/covers/b_22071_Ozzy_Osbourne-Diary_Of_A_Madman__1995_Sbm_Remaster_-1981.jpg

tojoro
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Here's a quick peek at the forthcoming DVD...aside from After Hours, there's Blizzard and Diary footage on there. It is said to be 30 minutes of footage from the Palladium tour 5/81. Don't know how much Diary footage there is, it's not from Entertainment Tonight, as that was rehersal and you can see the front row crowd in this.
(Holy Shit!!)

Terry
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
So the dvd is part of the deluxe package and won't be available apart from that package...is that the upshot?

lesfunk
03-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Being a bassist myself, I've often thought about what I would do if I had been in Robert Trujillo's shoes when asked to record over Bob Daisley. I would have taken a big career risk and requested a sit down with Ozzy and cuntley to explain why although I love working for the Osbournes, I can't in good conscience take part in altering such a historic and classic recording.
If they fire me, well, they fire me. ...and then I burn down their home.

tojoro
03-24-2011, 06:00 AM
That does seem to be the case, Terry. It looks like each album will be available seperately, (vinyl or disc), but in order to get the video, you'd have to buy the box. It sucks, but $he knows damn well that if the dvd were released as a stand alone, the box would gather dust on the shelves.
Of course, I'll be one of the retards buying this, but I have to, understand?
I just try to look at it as putting money in his mom's pocket, eventhough $he owns the rights to portions of Randy's estate.
It sucks I'll be forced to look at that ugly mug while watching that doc, but $he has to be there to fill in the blanks for her burnout husband...

Seshmeister
03-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Being a bassist myself, I've often thought about what I would do if I had been in Robert Trujillo's shoes when asked to record over Bob Daisley. I would have taken a big career risk and requested a sit down with Ozzy and cuntley to explain why although I love working for the Osbournes, I can't in good conscience take part in altering such a historic and classic recording.
If they fire me, well, they fire me. ...and then I burn down their home.

She would have made up a bunch of stories about how Daisley threatened their family and if that didn't work you would have been sacked instantly no doubt without being paid for your last years work.

chefcraig
03-24-2011, 08:37 AM
She would have made up a bunch of stories about how Daisley threatened their family and if that didn't work you would have been sacked instantly no doubt without being paid for your last years work.

Exactly. The idea of an employee having any sort of conscience is pretty much a no-win situation when the employer has none in the first place. Trujillo would have been out on his ass, and whomever was still standing in the room (or out on the front lawn, tending to the lawnmower or weed-whacker) would have been told to re-record the tracks instead.

ELVIS
03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Without Sharon there would be no Blizzard or Diary...

Seshmeister
03-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I think she did ok from it.

30 years on my well of gratitude has long since run dry.

Seshmeister
03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
If Ozzy had killed her in 1989 with a good lawyer he could have been out by 2000.

We could have skipped all that Zack Wylde shit and he could have brought out a good few decent albums since.

He hasn't done anything decent since 1989 anyway so nothing to lose plus it would mean no one would be aware of Kelly Osbourne.

A win-win-win situation.

ELVIS
03-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Have you picked up Scream yet ??

BruinJer
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
The official trailer to the Blizzard Of Ozz documentary.... This is going to kick ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2Kglmn6yk

lesfunk
03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
"There's more to me than The bat, The Dove, and the Alamo..."
Yeah, Like Bob Daisley, the guy who with Randy Rhoads, wrote your career defining two Amazing,Timeless Albums. Dick! Where were Bob and Lee in that documentary? I'll bet they are not even mentioned.

ThrillsNSpills
03-24-2011, 05:23 PM
"There's more to me than The bat, The Dove, and the Alamo..."
Yeah, Like Bob Daisley, the guy who with Randy Rhoads, wrote your career defining two Amazing,Timeless Albums. Dick! Where were Bob and Lee in that documentary? I'll bet they are not even mentioned.

Speaking of which, did Jake E. Lee get any credit for the riffs he did for Bark at the Moon? I seem to remember Ozzy was the only one credited with writing anything.

FORD
03-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Speaking of which, did Jake E. Lee get any credit for the riffs he did for Bark at the Moon? I seem to remember Ozzy was the only one credited with writing anything.

The more relevant question would be if he actually wrote the riffs. And I say that because of an interview Ozzy did with Circus magazine in 1982. Ironically enough it was published about a week before the plane crash, but obviously done several months before then. And Ozzy was describing how he already had the next two albums planned out and in the process of writing. Titles like "Bark of the Moon", "Rock n Roll Rebel" and "Killer of Giants" were specifically mentioned. So clearly those songs existed in one form or another when Randy Rhoads was still alive. If any demos of that material with Randy exist, I'd love to hear them, but so far I haven't heard of any.

ThrillsNSpills
03-24-2011, 05:52 PM
The more relevant question would be if he actually wrote the riffs. And I say that because of an interview Ozzy did with Circus magazine in 1982. Ironically enough it was published about a week before the plane crash, but obviously done several months before then. And Ozzy was describing how he already had the next two albums planned out and in the process of writing. Titles like "Bark of the Moon", "Rock n Roll Rebel" and "Killer of Giants" were specifically mentioned. So clearly those songs existed in one form or another when Randy Rhoads was still alive. If any demos of that material with Randy exist, I'd love to hear them, but so far I haven't heard of any.

Interesting, but I remembered only Ozzy getting writing credits. This is from Wiki so, who knows how accurate it is...
"Of all his solo albums only here is writing credited to Osbourne alone, although he states the title track was co-written with guitarist Jake E. Lee in the liner notes to The Ozzman Cometh. Osbourne's former bassist Bob Daisley has stated that he co-wrote most of the music with Lee and wrote the vast majority of the lyrics. Due to legal issues, neither Lee nor Daisley took credit for either of these. Daisley has stated, however, that he sold the lyrics to Osbourne."

well at least it seems Daisley got paid that time.

Seshmeister
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm sure they only existed as song titles and Jake wrote those riffs.

I'm with Wikki on this

"Bark at the Moon" is a metal song by Ozzy Osbourne. It is the first track on his 1983 album Bark at the Moon. The song was composed by Jake E. Lee and Bob Daisley with minor contributions from Osbourne and is four minutes and 17 seconds long.

Ozzy is just a thief who stole the writing credits.

Terry
03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
That does seem to be the case, Terry. It looks like each album will be available seperately, (vinyl or disc), but in order to get the video, you'd have to buy the box. It sucks, but $he knows damn well that if the dvd were released as a stand alone, the box would gather dust on the shelves.
Of course, I'll be one of the retards buying this, but I have to, understand?
I just try to look at it as putting money in his mom's pocket, eventhough $he owns the rights to portions of Randy's estate.
It sucks I'll be forced to look at that ugly mug while watching that doc, but $he has to be there to fill in the blanks for her burnout husband...

I've made similar purchases in the past.

I bought Robert Plant's 9 Lives box set even though I had most of his solo cds already just to get the dvd with all the promo videos.

I bought the BOV1 cd and dvd just for the two 1996 Roth tracks and 3 1984 promo videos.

I bought KISSology 3 essentially for the old 1970s footage.

Should Van Halen ever decide to release the vaults and the CVH stuff is part of a box set that includes Hagar shite and can't be purchased alone, I'll sadly buy that as well.

Am not too sure about this Ozzy Blizzard/Diary deluxe set, though. I think I'll just wait until the set is released and the RR footage is inevitably posted somewhere (either youtube or wherever), check it out and see if it's worth it. I already have the mid-1990s cd reissues (with the original recordings, not the bass/drum overdubs), and those are still just fine by me. The idea of shelling out $150 for some extended RR solos and a dvd...not so much, although I can obviously understand if one is a diehard RR fan that the choice is pretty simple.

Has little to nothing to do with Sharon and the sad spectacle that Ozzy has become. If there is a decent amount of 1981/1982 proshot RR live footage on the dvd other than the After Hours stuff, then maybe. If it's 15 minutes of 8 or 16mm bootlegged video swill...nah. I can live without it.

ELVIS
03-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd like to have it...

It's some of the best music ever recorded no matter what anyone thinks of Ozzy and Sharon these days...

:elvis:

binnie
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Have you picked up Scream yet ??

In a frightening moment, I find myself agreeing with Elvis. 'Scream' is a damn good record.

ELVIS
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I broke it out again after putting it away for a few months...

Great album!!

I like it even more...

binnie
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I know what you mean. It's also the only Ozzy album which isn't defined - for better or worse - by the guitarist who plays on it.

The songs stand up, as does Ozzy's voice.

ELVIS
03-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Ozzy's vocals are the best part...

He sounds youthful and very powerful...

I'm tempted to rate Scream number three behind Diary and Blizzard...

binnie
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't know about that. I actually think that 'No Rest For the Wicked' is a good record. However, if you were to argue that it is very 'of its time' and hasn't aged well, I couldn't really disagree. 'Bark At The Moon' is underrated, IMO, largely because the piss thin production robs the songs of power.

ELVIS
03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I like those albums quite a bit...

Scream is at the very least their equal overall...

tojoro
03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Both Jake and Bob received a payout for Bark At The Moon. It seems $he would rather pay someone once, as opposed to having them share not only in the royalties for years to come, but having their name in th credits as well:

20. Given Don Arden's statement that Ozzy's "command of the English language is minimal" and Ozzy's own admission that he can't play an instrument, how is it that Ozzy is the only person credited for songwriting on 'Bark At The Moon'?

BD. There were complicated situations for Jake E. Lee and me at the time regarding publishing contracts and song registration so we agreed to do a 'buy out', that is, we were paid a lump sum for our contributions both for playing and writing. I co-wrote the music with Jake and I wrote all the lyrics with the exception of a line or word or two from Ozzy. Jake and I couldn't be credited for the writing for that reason, although we did get our performance credits. It was very frustrating to put so much work into a recording and then see someone else take all the credit for the writing but that's what we agreed to so there's not a lot we can do now. Besides, with that lot, even without doing a 'buy out' there was never ever any guarantee that you'd be credited properly and accurately anyway. The one thing that stands out in my mind from when the record was first released is an interview Ozzy did with the magazine 'International Musician'. When asked how he'd written all those songs alone he told them that he'd done it on a piano using one hand. I wonder where the other hand was.

http://www.bobdaisley.com/interview-website.html

tojoro
03-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Folks like to point out that Ozzy would have gone nowhere without Randy, but even I agree that is a stretch. That statement has a better fit when it comes to Bob Daisley.
Blizzard and Diary were a group effort, for sure, but Bob had a good deal of experience, not only in his playing, but in lyric and songwriting as well.
Randy was pretty green, having only played the LA club circuit and having to do the lions share of the songwriting in QR, which had an overconfident singer who didn't have the vocals or lyrics to back that up and mediocre bassist who was a childhood friend along for the party and the ride. I thought Drew Forsyth had some skills on the drums, though.
Yeah, Randy cribbed stuff from the QR albums for the Ozzy material, but so what? It was his work, and no one outside of Japan was gonna hear it anyway, so, why not?
Writing and playing with Bob bought the best out in Randy and helped his writing and playing really grow. This is evident in the huge strides made between Blizzard and Diary.
Ozzy not only has a unique voice, but a real knack for coming up with some great vocal melodies, and Bob pointed out that some song titles and lyrical ideas did come from Ozzy, the majority are his own.
Daisley performed on, wrote the lyrics for and co wrote Blizzard, Diary, Bark & Wicked. With the exception of Shot In The Dark, Bob wrote the lyrics for Ultimate. He only performed on Tears.
He had written lyrics, but they were discarded as this was the album where outside writers were beginning to appear.
The Daisley influence was a proven success, time and again. I am sure Ozzy would have liked to retain Bob all throughout his career, but $he despises Bob, as it his he who is largely responsible for her husband's success, and she can fuck him out of the millions he's owed and erase his performances, but in the end, all of Ozzy's fans know better.
It was the fans that forced them to put the Trujillo/Bordin stickers on the '02 abortions, and it's the fans who wrote all of the reviews on amazon, itunes, etc, warning folks not to buy those two albums to the point where her husband threw her under the bus, admitting the mistake and now it's being corrected.

Diamondjimi
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Sharon is a Cunt. I'll be patiently waiting for the Video and FLAC torrents...:smoke2:

ELVIS
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks tojoro...

I've studied and been well aware of the info you've posted for many years...

My opinion though is that the Ozzy/Daisley music is among some of the greatest rock ever recorded and despite Sharon I will still purchase this set...

:killer:

indeedido
03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Ozzy's vocals are the best part...

He sounds youthful and very powerful...

I'm tempted to rate Scream number three behind Diary and Blizzard...

That's what protools does. I wonder how many takes and how many splices it took to get there. I think the vocals sound good too, but there is a lot of studio magic making them so. I think the music is really bland and generic, for that reason I'm not a big fan of Scream. It is like his album of covers, very generic.

ELVIS
03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
So what ??

I think the songs are really good. and the overall effort is damn good for any rocker over sixty...

Seshmeister
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks tojoro...

I've studied and been well aware of the info you've posted for many years...

My opinion though is that the Ozzy/Daisley music is among some of the greatest rock ever recorded and despite Sharon I will still purchase this set...

:killer:

Yeah but you're buying it for the big cross... :)

ELVIS
03-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Not true...

I think including the cross is silly...

Hardrock69
03-27-2011, 03:31 AM
I agree.

Perhaps he is getting old now and wants to get into Heaven (as Bill Cosby once said).

Or he is trying to pacify the Christian zealots out there.

Why the fuck doesn't he include a decapitated rubber bat?

Or a gram of coke or something? :hee:

Seshmeister
03-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Or a bonus DVD with footage of him trying to strangle his wife to death.

tojoro
03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
"We've decided, you've got to go..."
I'll bet, more than anything, $he doesn't let him anywhere near vodka!

chefcraig
03-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Or a bonus DVD with footage of him trying to strangle his wife to death.

"We've decided, you've got to go..."
I'll bet, more than anything, $he doesn't let him anywhere near vodka!

Didn't she hit him with a frying pan or a potted plant? Talk about a bizarro I Love Lucy skit come to life.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6/ozzzzz.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/ozzzzz.jpg/)

tojoro
03-27-2011, 09:41 AM
That's what Sarzo said in his Off The Rails book, (which was obviously heavily edited). He said he could constantly hear them going at it, yelling, stuff breaking, etc...the next day, they'd each be sporting black eyes, missing clumps of hair and such...
People balk at that time when Ozzy cracked Randy in the mug, but back then, it appears he hit everyone! i can't rwemember how she got him to stop strangling her when the vodka incident happened...

sadaist
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6/ozzzzz.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/ozzzzz.jpg/)

WTF?

Is his face melting in that pic?

Last time I saw a mouth like that I was pulling a hook out it!

http://www.tiptheplanet.com/images/f/f1/Halibut.jpg

Terry
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't know about that. I actually think that 'No Rest For the Wicked' is a good record. However, if you were to argue that it is very 'of its time' and hasn't aged well, I couldn't really disagree. 'Bark At The Moon' is underrated, IMO, largely because the piss thin production robs the songs of power.

I'd say that No Rest For The Wicked was an all-around step up from The Ultimate Sin: stronger songs, production, performances. By far the best stuff he ever did with Wylde, although the follow-up album had some decent moments.

Bark At The Moon was pretty good. A couple of duds, and the production wasn't quite as good as Dairy.

Truth be told, even the Blizzard production was a bit rough, but the tunes were so outstanding that the rough spots didn't hamper the proceedings, which wasn't quite as true for BATM.

BruinJer
03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
You know.... I was listening to Ultimate Sin the other day and I think the album had HUGE potential. Bark at the Moon is a good album but a Major drop when compairing it to the first two. The production was horrible. Ozzy mentioned that Tommy Aldridge wasn't right for that album, I agree. If Ultimate Sin was mixed a little different (stronger quitar tone, more energy from Ozzy and double-tracking of his vocals ) we'd be talking about it as being the BEST Ozzy album period! Ozzmosis is still my favorite post Randy Ozzy album.

ELVIS
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
YIf Ultimate Sin was mixed a little different (stronger quitar tone, more energy from Ozzy and double-tracking of his vocals ) we'd be talking about it as being the BEST Ozzy album period!

That's a hell of a stretch for sure...

Phil Sousan and Randy Costillo killed that album though...

binnie
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
The arrangements on The Ultimate Sin in general were unimaginative and flat. It's a shame because there was potential there.

Seshmeister
03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
You know.... I was listening to Ultimate Sin the other day and I think the album had HUGE potential. Bark at the Moon is a good album but a Major drop when compairing it to the first two. The production was horrible. Ozzy mentioned that Tommy Aldridge wasn't right for that album, I agree. If Ultimate Sin was mixed a little different (stronger quitar tone, more energy from Ozzy and double-tracking of his vocals ) we'd be talking about it as being the BEST Ozzy album period! Ozzmosis is still my favorite post Randy Ozzy album.

http://tinyurl.com/46l6m7q

sadaist
03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
The arrangements on The Ultimate Sin in general were unimaginative and flat. It's a shame because there was potential there.

I absolutely LOVE Shot in The Dark, Secret Loser, and Killer Of Giants. The rest is just mediocre filler that I skip past on the cd.

That was also my first tour seeing Ozzy...with the original Metallica opening up. Was so psyched. I remember the Shot In The Dark video being shown on MTV a couple hours before I left for the show. Man that fired me up.

Seshmeister
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Ozzy has always struggled a lot to sing the chorus of Shot in the Dark.

The chorus to Killer of Giants is IMHO not good. As far as the rest of it goes they tried really hard to do a Diary/Revelation song but without Bob Daisley and Randy they don't get there with the writing.

If it was the album I really hoped it was going to be then Secret Loser would have been a filler instead of one of the better songs.

I think the whole thing was recorded during one of Ozzy's heaviest booze periods.

lesfunk
03-29-2011, 10:15 PM
The only Ozzy records I have besides the first two are Bark, Speak of the Devil, No more Tears. I've heard enough of the others to know that I'm not interested in hearing them twice.

Diamondjimi
03-29-2011, 10:39 PM
The only O$$y albums that could hold my attention were the ones with Rhoads. After that it seemed like each album that followed had 3 or 4 decent songs...

tojoro
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I happened by Bob Daisley's FB page today where a fan inquired about the forthcoming box and Bob had this to say:

Bob Daisley Hi Mark, I offered my rare tapes of our writing and rehearsal sessions from 1979, 1980 and 1981 to them, as bonus material for the re-releases, for a royalty but they turned me down and said that Lee and I aren't getting royalties for our performances, as has been the case in the past. Neither Lee nor I have been consulted or considered in any of this, to them we're nobodies. However, to answer your question, we have and will continue to receive our songwriting royalties though. Thanks for your support, Bob.

What a complete and total douchebag she is! This box is going to be great, but Bob's material could have made it so much better.
Sadly, I feel I already know the answer to this, but I wonder if she is going to let him release it on his own?
I'm sorry, but how the fuck is this a smart decision from a business/management standpoint?

At the very least, they're getting their performances restored, that's the important thing, and that they're getting paid something.
This may be the reason the extended versions and the Southampton gig got the axe.

indeedido
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
she'll wait and use their material to fleece fans for version 2.0 in a few years. Then it will be the deluxe deluxe edition.

Seshmeister
04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I happened by Bob Daisley's FB page today where a fan inquired about the forthcoming box and Bob had this to say:

Bob Daisley Hi Mark, I offered my rare tapes of our writing and rehearsal sessions from 1979, 1980 and 1981 to them, as bonus material for the re-releases, for a royalty but they turned me down and said that Lee and I aren't getting royalties for our performances, as has been the case in the past. Neither Lee nor I have been consulted or considered in any of this, to them we're nobodies. However, to answer your question, we have and will continue to receive our songwriting royalties though. Thanks for your support, Bob.

What a complete and total douchebag she is! This box is going to be great, but Bob's material could have made it so much better.
Sadly, I feel I already know the answer to this, but I wonder if she is going to let him release it on his own?
I'm sorry, but how the fuck is this a smart decision from a business/management standpoint?

At the very least, they're getting their performances restored, that's the important thing, and that they're getting paid something.
This may be the reason the extended versions and the Southampton gig got the axe.

What a sad sad sad twisted cunt that woman is.

Does she not realise she and Ozzy have almost certainly got less than 20 years left on this planet and there is not a big difference between dying with $100 million in the bank compared to dying with $100 million and $50 grand.

Wow her sick gangster dad really did a number on her fucking her up for life.

And while we are on the subject of money, it really makes me wonder about the world in which we live when it's possible for Jack Osbourne, someone with almost no appreciable talent at anything, who hasn't done fucking anything for anyone ever never mind an honest days work is apparently worth $10 million over and above whatever his nightmare mother has stolen over the years.

FORD
04-03-2011, 02:30 AM
And while we are on the subject of money, it really makes me wonder about the world in which we live when it's possible for Jack Osbourne, someone with almost no appreciable talent at anything, who hasn't done fucking anything for anyone ever never mind an honest days work is apparently worth $10 million over and above whatever his nightmare mother has stolen over the years.

Exactly what I've been saying about people like Paris Hilton and all the BCE spawn for years. I guess the inheritance tax thing might be a little more complicated with the Osbournes, since they're British citizens living and making money in the US, but I'd really like to see all these useless offspring attempt to live on their own.

Hell at least Ozzy's older son built his own career as a club DJ or whatever it is he's doing. Got nothing to do with his dad's career at all (since Ozzy or Sabbath records probably don't get a lot of time on his turntables) but at least he's doing his own thing.

binnie
04-03-2011, 07:39 AM

I used to think that. However, I watched some of his TV shows ('Adrenaline Junky I think it was called), and it was very entertaining. Sure, he'd never have got where he is without being 'the son of Ozzy', but that's hardly his fault. He's no longer the annoying 16 year old kid on the Osbournes.

tojoro
05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
As yesterday was the 30th anniv. of the Palladium gig, Ozzy released this clip. Of course, it'll probably look and sound much better on our own televisions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17dlbWwaJY

The vid quality looks pretty good, and they also found the original soundboard tapes too, so that's a plus.

Jagermeister
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
In an interview with Game Informer, Harmonix's Chris Rigopulos revealed the slate of downloadable content in store for Rock Band this month, including tracks from the upcoming reissues of two legendary OZZY OSBOURNE albums, "Diary Of A Madman" and "Blizzard Of Ozz".

On May 31, music fans will have their first taste of reissues from rock icon OZZY OSBOURNE's catalog of work with the releases of two albums which form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist: "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman" (Epic Records/Legacy Recordings). Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980s and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads. These definitive versions of 1980's "Blizzard Of Ozz" (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's "Diary Of A Madman" are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a deluxe collector's box. All versions were restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

The 30th-anniversary edition of "Blizzard Of Ozz" CD includes the original album in its entirety, restored and remastered for this edition, with bonus tracks, while the new legacy edition of "Diary Of A Madman" includes the original album in its entirety, restored and remastered for this edition, with a bonus second CD of previously unreleased live performances featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads with rhythm section Rudy Sarzo (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums). A single-disc version of the remastered "Diary Of A Madman" will also be available.

For serious fans and collectors, the limited edition 30th-anniversary deluxe boxed set houses the restored and remastered vinyl and CD editions of "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman", the "Ozzy Live" compact disc. Beyond the music, the box set is highlighted by a variety of exclusives including an expansive 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years, and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD.

This new "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD chronicles Ozzy's years with Randy Rhoads features previously unseen footage of Ozzy and Randy filmed in 1981 and 1982; it incorporates rare archival photos and films; along with new and revelatory interviews with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Lemmy (MOTÖRHEAD), Steve Vai, Nikki Sixx, Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Bill Ward and more. The DVD also contains over 70 minutes of additional rare live performances and interviews; included is the premiere of more than 30 minutes of newly-discovered never-bootlegged footage of Ozzy and Randy from the "Blizzard Of Ozz" tour shot from the front of the stage at New York's fabled Palladium on May 2, 1981. This new feature is a must-see for aficionados of Ozzy's epic release "Blizzard Of Ozz" and its pivotal effect on rock and roll history.

"Blizzard Of Ozz" (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)

01. I Don't Know (5:13)
02. Crazy Train (4:51)
03. Goodbye To Romance (5:33)
04. Dee (0:49)
05. Suicide Solution (4:17)
06. Mr. Crowley (5:02)
07. No Bone Movies (3:52)
08. Revelation (Mother Earth) (6:08)
09. Steal Away (The Night) (3:28)

Bonus tracks

12. RR (Previously Unreleased – Randy Rhoads guitar solo) (1:13)

"Diary Of A Madman" (Legacy Edition)

Disc 1:

01. Over The Mountain (4:31)
02. Flying High Again (4:44)
03. You Can't Kill Rock And Roll (6:59)
04. Believer (5:15)
05. Little Dolls (5:39)
06. Tonight (5:50)
07. S.A.T.O. (4:07)
08. Diary Of A Madman (6:14)

Disc 2:

Ozzy Live (recorded on the "Blizzard of Ozz" tour)

01. I Don't Know
02. Crazy Train
03. Believer
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Flying High Again
06. Revelation (Mother Earth)
07. Steal Away (The Night)
08. Suicide Solution
09. Iron Man
10. Children Of The Grave
11. Paranoid

"Diary Of A Madman"/"Blizzard Of Ozz" 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set

Box Set Includes:

* "Blizzard Of Ozz" (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)
* "Diary Of A Madman" (Legacy Edition)
* "Blizzard Of Ozz" (180-gram LP — original album only)
* "Diary Of A Madman" (180-gram LP — original album only)

DVD — contains "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" documentary — and additional rare and unreleased performances and interviews.

A snippet from the "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" documentary in which Osbourne watches for the first time rare, never-before-seen footage of Ozzy and Randy Rhoads from the Palladium in New York City can be viewed below.

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
http://q103albany.com/ozzy-osbourne-re-issue-sneak-peak-audio/ :baaa:

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I have not been this excited about something in a long time. I can't wait to buy this.

Seshmeister
05-12-2011, 01:14 PM
http://q103albany.com/ozzy-osbourne-re-issue-sneak-peak-audio/ :baaa:

Sounds really good!

jhale667
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I have not been this excited about something in a long time. I can't wait to buy this.

This day in history, Jag and I actually agreed on something. May never happen again...

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
For serious fans and collectors, the limited edition 30th-anniversary deluxe boxed set houses the restored and remastered vinyl and CD editions of "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman", the "Ozzy Live" compact disc. Beyond the music, the box set is highlighted by a variety of exclusives including an expansive 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years, and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD.

I wonder how much this will cost? :(

Diamondjimi
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Wasn't Goodbye to Romance the first song Randy and Ozzy wrote together?

Great to hear just the guitar and voice on this one. Randy's tracking skills are amazing! :baaa:

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
All tracks are fully restored & remastered

I know we have had this debate before but. WTF does that mean exactly? Because GBTR sounds like um different. Really different.

Hardrock69
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Too much, probably. Bet over 100 bucks.

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Too much, probably. Bet over 100 bucks.

Yeah. :( I really want that gold cross though.

tojoro
05-13-2011, 12:19 PM
The set is listed as $150 on Ozzy's store. My local chain here in MA has a price of $160, but my buddy is gonna pick one up for me and he gets 20%off, plus the sale price.
I know it's still expensive, but in my adult years I have always maintained I would pay a personal maximum of $500 for quality footage of Rhoads-era Ozzy, so I look at it like I'm getting it at discount.
Plus, the very same location buys back used, so I went through my DVD library, and the titles that I pulled earned me $117, so I created a way to afford this fucker.
From what I understand, it was George Marino who did the mastering at Sterling Sound from the original tapes when both albums were recorded at Ridge Farm Studios.
I physically saw the vinyl with his credit on the back of Diary, (Blizzard was sold out). I'm just uncertain if he did the mastering on the CDs as well.
I'll be very curious to see if the pic of the Sarzo/Aldridge lineup sitting on the steps at Disney World is still on the Diary inner sleeve and who is credited for the bass and drums.
Sadly, it looks like the extended versions of Revelation Mother Earth, You Can't Kill R&R and Tonight are cut, as is the Southampton disc and You Said It All, as numbnuts would have had to pay Daisley and Kerslake. I think I mentioned before she wound up passing on the hours of demo tapes Bob had from the sessions because it would have meant her parting with more cash.
The RR Solo stays for the obvious reasons, as does You Lookin' At Me..., as it was released as a b-side before, which is odd because YSIA was a Bside too.
She's a spiteful fuckin' dimwit who is way too hung up on her TV shows and plastic surgery...someone else ought to be handling her husband's legacy, as she has fallen off her bike.

jhale667
05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Wasn't Goodbye to Romance the first song Randy and Ozzy wrote together?

Great to hear just the guitar and voice on this one. Randy's tracking skills are amazing! :baaa:

Sooo wanted to hear that and had something going on in the office where I couldn't listen yesterday...spaced on it when I got home, and this morning the link has been taken down... :(

Jagermeister
05-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Sooo wanted to hear that and had something going on in the office where I couldn't listen yesterday...spaced on it when I got home, and this morning the link has been taken down... :(

Yeah no shit. Damnit!

Jagermeister
05-13-2011, 01:46 PM
The set is listed as $150 on Ozzy's store. My local chain here in MA has a price of $160, but my buddy is gonna pick one up for me and he gets 20%off, plus the sale price.
I know it's still expensive, but in my adult years I have always maintained I would pay a personal maximum of $500 for quality footage of Rhoads-era Ozzy, so I look at it like I'm getting it at discount.
Plus, the very same location buys back used, so I went through my DVD library, and the titles that I pulled earned me $117, so I created a way to afford this fucker.
From what I understand, it was George Marino who did the mastering at Sterling Sound from the original tapes when both albums were recorded at Ridge Farm Studios.
I physically saw the vinyl with his credit on the back of Diary, (Blizzard was sold out). I'm just uncertain if he did the mastering on the CDs as well.
I'll be very curious to see if the pic of the Sarzo/Aldridge lineup sitting on the steps at Disney World is still on the Diary inner sleeve and who is credited for the bass and drums.
Sadly, it looks like the extended versions of Revelation Mother Earth, You Can't Kill R&R and Tonight are cut, as is the Southampton disc and You Said It All, as numbnuts would have had to pay Daisley and Kerslake. I think I mentioned before she wound up passing on the hours of demo tapes Bob had from the sessions because it would have meant her parting with more cash.
The RR Solo stays for the obvious reasons, as does You Lookin' At Me..., as it was released as a b-side before, which is odd because YSIA was a Bside too.
She's a spiteful fuckin' dimwit who is way too hung up on her TV shows and plastic surgery...someone else ought to be handling her husband's legacy, as she has fallen off her bike.

Ill pay the 160 for it. That's not that bad really.

tojoro
05-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Saw this posted on Ultimaterhoads and thought I'd share here.
Looks like this gets released in Austrailia May 20.
Track listing looks different, seems you folks are getting an acoustic out-take of RME.
Two DVDs? One is titled "MTV 1981"?
Strange....
Anyhow, link:

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/diary-of-a-madman-blizzard-of-ozz-30th-anniversary-deluxe-box-set/649458

Diamondjimi
05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Can't wait for the Torrents!!!!!! :baaa:

indeedido
05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Anyone catch the "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" documentary on VH-1 Classic this weekend? It was an hour (w/ commercials). Nothing Earth shattering in it. The footage was weak at best. Grainy video w/ muttled worn out tape audio. Towards the end, they showed a little from the Diary tour but no audio. The video was good on it, but where was the audio? Overall not impressed. Is there supposed to be more on the dvd of live performance than the live footage in the doc?

jhale667
05-30-2011, 08:46 PM
It's up on YouTube for the moment...

Terry
05-30-2011, 10:29 PM
If the VH1 thing is the deluxe set dvd there's really nothing new in terms of footage that I haven't seen before and don't already have, save for the audioless clips of the Diary tour with RR (some of which appear to be the pro-shot show with Gillis with clips of a RR Diary show edited in). Useful in that I'm glad I didn't shell out the $160 for the dvd...I mean, it's not as shabby as it could have been...I really don't have much use for Nikki Sixx or Steve Vai telling me why they think RR was great (in fact, am a bit tired of band documentaries where other rock stars NOT in the band explain why the documented band was good; it's like, I fucking well KNOW they were good already) or watching Zakk Wylde playing Randy's licks, though.

Also, it's kind of humorous that with every new retelling of the RR years, Sharon tries to overstate her importance or contribution with a little more emphasis each time.

FORD
05-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I know we have had this debate before but. WTF does that mean exactly? Because GBTR sounds like um different. Really different.

It means they goddamn overdubbed the shit and fucked with it again...

Exhibit A- Crazy Train from the Original After Hours broadcast.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0

Exhibit B - Crazy Train (allegedly the same performance) from the "Thirty Years After The Blizzard DVD"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8SCm7kNhOk

Goddamn it Sharon, just leave the original shit alone already :mad:

jhale667
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm sure DJ or another set of guitar-ears could back me up here, but I honestly don't think that was overdubbed so much as re-mixed, dude. And certainly if they tried to re-record any of Randy's parts every guitar player worth a shit on the planet would be able to tell. And I've already read somewhere that GTR (which you hear a bit of in the VH1 special) is just a different mix of Randy's guitar tracks (obviously pumped up more prominently) and Ozzy's voice.

I mean, of course they had to re-master/remix the "After Hours" footage for the DVD, so it stands to reason it's going to sound different, but to my ears so far it's the same performance...

:guitar:

jhale667
05-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Also, it's kind of humorous that with every new retelling of the RR years, Sharon tries to overstate her importance or contribution with a little more emphasis each time.

True. I'm definitely more inclined to take Bob Daisley (and Kevin Dubrow's R.I.P) word for it, and by their accounts Sharon was only very peripherally involved up until "DOAM"...but way less so during the "Bilzzard" sessions and everything leading up to that than she tries to paint it today.

I too noticed some of the post-Rhoads Brad Gillis-era MTV concert footage interspersed with the Randy footage...guess they think the average buyer of this set is too young to notice shit like that.

Diamondjimi
05-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm sure DJ or another set of guitar-ears could back me up here, but I honestly don't think that was overdubbed so much as re-mixed, dude. And certainly if they tried to re-record any of Randy's parts every guitar player worth a shit on the planet would be able to tell. And I've already read somewhere that GTR (which you hear a bit of in the VH1 special) is just a different mix of Randy's guitar tracks (obviously pumped up more prominently) and Ozzy's voice.

I mean, of course they had to re-master/remix the "After Hours" footage for the DVD, so it stands to reason it's going to sound different, but to my ears so far it's the same performance...

Yeah. G.T.R. was simply remixed with the bass, drums,keys and distorted electrics pulled out of the mix. Goes to show what a beautiful arrangement and melody the song has.
And the audio for the After Hours footage sounds like dual mono with EQ enhancements. (I could be wrong...)

Can't wait for this thing to be torrented.... :baaa: :lmao:

jhale667
05-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah. G.T.R. was simply remixed with the bass, drums,keys and distorted electrics pulled out of the mix. Goes to show what a beautiful arrangement and melody the song has.
And the audio for the After Hours footage sounds like dual mono with EQ enhancements. (I could be wrong...)

The GTR remix actually also illustrates just how much MORE was going on with Randy's tracks than you can hear in the original versions. And did you hear the isolated tracks of "DOAM" that they teased? AMAZING. That guy had depth most guitarists could never hope to attain.

The Lemmy quote about RR "getting better after he died" kind of annoyed me. Sure, he achieved martyrdom posthumously. Having seen the dude live I respectfully disagree that anyone is overstating his abilities...those two CDs only hint at what he was capable of. His live solo was even more jaw-dropping than the version on "Tribute"...I remember being in awe, and thinking "This is like 'Eruption' times 10."

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM

I have to agree with FORD on this one. Not only is the video better quality it's different. In the first video after the, opening riff, you can see Randy's right hand playing the main riff and it looks a bit out of time to me. I attribute this to maybe a delay effect Randy was playing through. In the second video you can't see his hand. I also think the vocals in number 2 are different. Everyone who has heard these know Ozzy fucked up a couple of times and in general the vocals were not perfect. Which is great because you kinow it's live.

I need to give number 2 a more detailed listen and compare it to my copy at home. I think they should have just cleaned up the video quality and left the rest alone.

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
PS. I don't know what that was on VH1 but I don't think it was the full dvd.

This new Thirty Years After The Blizzard DVD chronicles Ozzy's years with Randy Rhoads and features previously unseen footage of Ozzy and Randy filmed in 1981 & 1982; it incorporates rare archival photos and films; along with new and revelatory interviews with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Lemmy (Motörhead), Steve Vai, Nikki Sixx, Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Bill Ward and more. The DVD also contains over 70 minutes of additional rare live performances and interviews; included is the premiere of more than 30 minutes of newly-discovered never-bootlegged footage of Ozzy and Randy from the Blizzard of Ozz tour shot from the front of the stage at New York's fabled Palladium on May 2, 1981. This new feature is a must-see for aficionados of Ozzy's epic release, Blizzard of Ozz and its pivotal effect on rock & roll history.

Nitro Express
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
The biggest failure in Ozzy's career was failing to choke Sharon to death. :biggrin:

ThrillsNSpills
05-31-2011, 12:07 PM

After they tampered with 2 classic recordings over a disagreement, I don't blame you a bit.

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 12:51 PM
I just ordered my delux box set from the local record store. $157.99 should be in tomorrow. Dude was like ohhhh we don't have that it's a huge box set but we can order it for you. So I was like let me call you back. Called the guy back to tell him to order it and he said they already did.

Great b-day present for me. Now I have to go home and hook up my turntable and shit so I can spin it. :baaa:

jhale667
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
I have to agree with FORD on this one. Not only is the video better quality it's different. In the first video after the, opening riff, you can see Randy's right hand playing the main riff and it looks a bit out of time to me. I attribute this to maybe a delay effect Randy was playing through. In the second video you can't see his hand. I also think the vocals in number 2 are different. Everyone who has heard these know Ozzy fucked up a couple of times and in general the vocals were not perfect. Which is great because you kinow it's live.

I need to give number 2 a more detailed listen and compare it to my copy at home. I think they should have just cleaned up the video quality and left the rest alone.

It appears to be "better quality" because it's been remastered...hello....it would have to be for a DVD release, and since it was shot for a TV show, you're talking a minimum 3 to 4 cameras, so I'd imagine they got ALL the original tapes and recut the footage to incorporate more angles/views of Randy, Rudy and Tommy playing. I actually think that part is cool.

I remember Rudy telling me they thought it was totally cheesy when they did it, and were basically goofing on each other, which is why Randy looks like he's trying to keep from laughing in a lot of those shots....he was! :biggrin:

FORD
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I would guess that Randy's part was pretty much left intact, but Ozzy's vocal was definitely overdubbed, and I think the bass part has been "augmented" as well, which would likely mean that somebody other than Rudy Sarzo is playing it, since I don't think they would bring him in to do overdubs.

I just hate it when they fuck with this stuff. It would be one thing if they "cleaned up" the sound and released this on video in 1982. Still a little dishonest, but hardly unheard of in the music industry. But to alter a 30 year old recording is just criminal.

Of course it's not only Ozzy and Sharon who are guilty of this. Even U2 has "embellished" some of the stuff in the "bonus" material on their recent remasters, and that shit pissed me off too.

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
It appears I remember Rudy telling me they thought it was totally cheesy when they did it, and were basically goofing on each other, which is why Randy looks like he's trying to keep from laughing in a lot of those shots....he was! :biggrin:

I thought Rudy just looked like that. :biggrin:

Anyway I will do a more indepth review once I get my box set tomorrow and watch the footage. Which is the best any of us has to date of Randy playing this material live IMO. Very exciting. I could really care less what they did to the bass line or drums as long as they didn't fuck with Randy that's all that matters. This really is a must have for any real Rhodes fans regardless.

PS I will not torrent this but may do some other creative means of distribute. :biggrin:

ThrillsNSpills
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm curious as to how they're going to cover Ozzy's "you gotta listen to my words" voice crack. (2:57 on ford's exhibit A)_
I think it all should be left in; people realize that humans don't nail everything every time.

We just need video of Kerslake nailing the beginning of Little Dolls !

jhale667
05-31-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm curious as to how they're going to cover Ozzy's "you gotta listen to my words" voice crack. (2:57 on ford's exhibit A)_
I think it all should be left in; people realize that humans don't nail everything every time.

Yeah, they shouldn't alter it (still don't think they did), but I'm all for a better mix of the original tracks, which to me (until I get the set myself and really dissect it, at least) sounds like what the "After Hours" remaster is. What I thought was interesting was when in the VH1 doc Ozzy and Churko were listening to GTR and Ozzy points out - and more surprisingly HITS singing along- the really high harmony vocal overdub. Didn't think he could still hit those notes, but he did there...

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Exactly.

ThrillsNSpills
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
well I'm looking forward to what you guys report about this.

I was also glad to see that others know that there were better performances than what came out on the Tribute set. The King Biscuit stuff that we got from the radio in the early 80's were better performances and it's just a shame that some of randy's best "goose bump" material didn't get released like it deserved to.

Jagermeister
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Most of the stuff I have read today suggest that only die hard fans need buy the box set. Personally if I was just looking for a piece of it I would want the vinyl only.

Seshmeister
05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
The biggest failure in Ozzy's career was failing to choke Sharon to death. :biggrin:

He would probably be out by now.

Seshmeister
05-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Why modify the vocal track but not pixelate the home made logo on the front of Ozzy's shirt?

If this is her work then you can see why the unfortunate band seamstress also killed in the plane crash is not mentioned so often.

binnie
06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
These releases made BBC news this morning.

Pretty mad: Ozzy was a pariah when those records came out the first time.

Jagermeister
06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Kick Ass I got it! Just picked it up. This thing is pretty damn cool. The packaging is not what I expected. The records open up like a double LP and the discs are just tucked in a sleeve. They were not in plastic like I thought they would be ans there is no case for the discs. The cross is in a red colored foam holder in the botton of the box. Very cool. I am going to watch the DVD just for the hell of it. Well worth the money already and I have not even listened to it.

tojoro
06-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Overall, I'm happy with what I have. By having a friend who works for a local chain use his discount, I got the box for $119.
The doc...well, what can I say? It's revisionist history at best, not only are the obvious suspects ignored, (Bob & Lee), but how about Don Airey and Johnny Cook, (keys on Blizzard and Diary respectively), or Randy's brother or sister speaking on his behalf? Where is Max Norman, and why is Kevin Churko sitting there? He was in junior high, like me when these albums were made.
The standout moments were Randy's isolated tracks on stuff like RME and DOAM. Finally hearing the rest of where "Tonight" faded out was the tits, but the two of them kept yapping.
Boy, Sharon is big on the terms "I" and "We", eh? She returned from business in the States in August of 1980, after Blizzard was completed.
I digress...
The two albums sound fantastic...better than the 1995 reissues. On the downside, just as Dee is fading, there is a warble of some sort on the note Randy lets ring out, right before Suicide Solution kicks in. A minor quibble, sure, but it's noticeable when you've got it cranked, and obviously wasn't there on the original.
The book is pretty cool. Lots of good photos from that era, many I hadn't seen previous. Photos are placed strategically or cropped to obscure or omit Daisley & Kerslake.
The back cover of the Blizzard vinyl is the photo from the UK release, (with Ozz wearing the denim jacket/jeans, beard and belly poking out of red shirt.), this is the only pic of the Mach I lineup in the entire set.
The inner sleeve of Diary is still the Mach II lineup photo on the steps at Disney World. Sarzo and Aldridge still named on bass/drums.
The cross is so bitchen...I hope they do a documentary on it and show unreleased footage from the foundry!
The extras on the DVD...
A few MTV interview clips from MTV showing a young and coherent Ozzy. He might be gakked...his eyes are bugging the fuck out of his head!
The Palladium footage. Yep, it's grainy. Yep, the audio is tired. Yep, it's Super 8, so a bunch of the songs cut out before or mid solo. I knew going in it was amatuer-shot, and that was the technology of the day, but it's more footage than I had yesterday of the guy, so, I'll take it.
The Diary footage from New Mexico was great! We get Over the Mountain and Mr Crowley in their entirety...supposedly it is b-roll the local news team shot to go with the short feature, which is included.
Obviously, everyone saw the angle, from Sarzo's end of the stage, so Randy is way down the far end, plus, the camera guy was clueless, focusing on Sarzo or Aldridge during portions of the solos, but again, it's quality Diary footage with him working the stage, so, cool beans.
The news anchor in the feature referred to Ozzy as a "punk rocker".
Concerning the Crazy Train edit in After Hours, the video dissolves to a quick slo-mo of Ozzy headbanging, when normally, we saw his voice give out on the "listen to my words" lyric and he shakes his head in frustration.
The bonus audio? No one over in the Rhoads community can seem to pin down the show's source, and the box liner notes make no mention of date or venue. It's a pretty fuckin good show though.
Another goddamn Aldridge drum solo...
Ozzy's voice is good and rough...some folks wonder if anything was done in the studio with it, but I shit you not, the dumb bitch sings the "speculation of the wise" lyric on all three verses!:biggrin:
The guitar/voc mix of GTR was nice. Like others mentioned, it gave a good example of a lot of subtle stuff Randy was laying down with the bass, keys and vocals.
YLAMLAY is cool. Nice to have the original version available on disc.
The piece RR is a scary piece of work that you heard part of on the doc, where Churko said he found it at the end of a reel. Randy should have done that in his live spot, as opposed to aping 'Eruption'.
Lastly, when they're talking about the Diary stage in the doc, they show a shot from the back of the stadium from the MTV/Gillis/Irvine Meadows footage and there is a black blob where Brad should be standing. It's a 2-second shot and they digitally turn Brad into a space amoeba!
Sorry this review is all over the place, but hopefully, it'll give some folks a bit of insight into this beast of a release.
There's certainly a lot of missed opportunity, as the Southampton gig, YSIA, the extended tracks and the studio demo/session tapes Daisley offered were excluded because Sharon is allowing personal feelings to get the better of her reputed great business sense, but, it is what it is.
~T.

Mr Walker
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.bravewords.com/features/1000971

Jagermeister
06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
The piece RR is a scary piece of work that you heard part of on the doc, where Churko said he found it at the end of a reel. Randy should have done that in his live spot, as opposed to aping 'Eruption'.

Yeah that was cool. Very cool. Makes you wonder what else the guy heard.

Jagermeister
06-01-2011, 03:46 PM
You know what pisses me off after watching that? Why did we as fans of Randy Rhodes have to wait 30 fucking years to get this small amount of material? It just makes me sick. R.I.P. RR.

indeedido
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Sure wish "You Said It All" would have made it into here somewhere.

indeedido
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Unboxing the box set, see what it all looks like

http://www.guitarworld.com/video-ozzy-osbourne-checks-out-new-blizzard-ozzdiary-madman-box-set

Jagermeister
06-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Unboxing the box set, see what it all looks like

http://www.guitarworld.com/video-ozzy-osbourne-checks-out-new-blizzard-ozzdiary-madman-box-set

Kinda gives you a woody huh? :biggrin: