Some Cool Gear And Recording Info I Found......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Some Cool Gear And Recording Info I Found......

1. 44-page thread spanning 3 years about recording - from basic to complex, a lengthy read, but well worth it regarding tips and tricks, advanced definitions of all things regarding recording and advice on damn near everything concerning same:

2. A lengthy and detailed dissertation on Tube Screamers:

3. And last but not least, a lengthy discussion on the fine art of Recording Motherfucking Metal Guitar

MARSH: Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars Thread From Hell

• Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Excellent stuff man. I'll dig into it a bit more when I get a bit more time . That's a lotta reading.

Off to the studio.....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Jesus dude.....that's intense!

Killer find, HR
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

It actually began when I was having a problem with Reaper. Went to research it, and stumbled on that 44 page thread, which lead me to the other two.
        Will post links to anything else of value I find, but hell, there is a whole fucking interweb full of this stuff out there.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Awesome find!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Etienne
            Commando
            • Aug 2010

Thanks for sharing the links... especially for the 44-page one I began to read... interesting stuff...

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I read what the dude had to say about compression, and that has always been a difficult one to wrap my head around, as it is pretty much a "non-effect", but knowing about it is one of the most important things to know when recording/engineering rock and heavy metal music, as our favorite style of music requires a lot of punch and slam.

Once I got done reading what he and other peeps had to say, I did a re-think on my plugin settings on the song I was working on, and it made a world of difference.

Eventually when all is said and done, I will post some before/after clips. I am blown away by the difference I am hearing.
              I mean, literally with the knowledge and tools I have now, the results I am getting make these demos sound like they were recorded and mixed in a high-dollar studio by pro engineers using pro outboard gear.

Of course it helps that the songs are kickass and the performances are good as well.
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-07-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...