X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

No high-speed rail for Florida

Tard Big Eared Kenyan Houseboy Ubama pulled 1.26 billion out of his ass for a train that would never make money and new Florida Gov Scott tells him to shove it back up his ass. (Wonder if Ubama is afraid of mice?)

US Rep Kathy Caster Oil forced to pull back tit. Sen Neslon still looking for Jeannie and settles for Caster Oil's tit.

And the losses keep on coming.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I'm with the Gov on this one. As for a shithole State as Florida is what are a bunch of Cuban gangbangers, Geritol overdosing snowbirds and SCC rule-breaking quarterbacks going to do with a high-speed train? Ride it past your hurricane destroyed trailer park?

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Leave it to a felon like Prick Scott to be a bigger fool than even Jebbie was. Miss Charlie should have stayed on as governor.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Hehe Comedy. Sorry this is not about politcs, it is just about how Americans who have never lived abroad make inane decisions like that Scott there. Comedy. Lol.....sigh....and it just shoves another million barrels of oil down their throats from the middle-east...lol what a patriot.

The facts
        Seven major railroad companies reported the following for 2007:

•1,770,545,245,000 ton-miles of freight were moved
        •4,062,025,082 gallons of diesel fuel were consumed
        •That works out to be almost 436 ton-miles per gallon (435.88)
        Trains today 85% more efficient than in 1980
        The Association of American Railroads is boasting an 85.5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency for their trains since 1980.

“In fact, if just 10 percent of the freight currently moving by truck went instead by rail, the nation could save one billion gallons of fuel per year."

Lol Florida has to suffer with a fool at the helm. ANYONE that has lived in Europe knows trains are very very good for everyone. So many reasons why. Lol and Rush has made Republicans turn it into a political football.....it is so funny and sad at the same time. Rush is reponsible for more dependence on Middle-easter oil, and the fact that some one's grandmother who can't drive and who can't be stripped searched at the airport won't see her grand kids at christmas. Lol comedy, like common sense and tons of facts should be political cannon fodder. Comedy.
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM. Reason: LMAO at Ignorance.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Sorry, it's about politics.

It’s about political correctness, leftist lobbies, green credits, and other commie lib bullshit.
          And I question the Euro rail system based on the simple power use. Currently, you go from London to Manchester in about 2 hours. To get there in an hour and a quarter the train would have to travel about 160mph. It comes to about 4 times the power and 2 and half times more energy use. In the UK the train runs about 125 mph. Simply put: it takes eight times the power to move at twice the speed.

Speed = distance\time

None of the proposals included building self sustaining power plants. And that makes it political right away for the commie lib "eco" assholes.
          Last edited by jacksmar; 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM.
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The sun shines a lot in Florida, doesn't it. And if the sun isn't shining, there's probably a hurricane going, so set up some wind turbines as a backup.

Endless supply of energy right there.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jacksmar
              Sorry, it's about politics.

It’s about political correctness, leftist lobbies, green credits, and other commie lib bullshit.
              And I question the Euro rail system based on the simple power use. Currently, you go from London to Manchester in about 2 hours. To get there in an hour and a quarter the train would have to travel about 160mph. It comes to about 4 times the power and 2 and half times more energy use. In the UK the train runs about 125 mph. Simply put: it takes eight times the power to move at twice the speed.

Speed = distance\time
              I was going to respond to this but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I think maybe one of the things you have forgotten about is that trains stop at stations which increases the journey times.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kristy
                I'm with the Gov on this one. As for a shithole State as Florida is what are a bunch of Cuban gangbangers, Geritol overdosing snowbirds and SCC rule-breaking quarterbacks going to do with a high-speed train? Ride it past your hurricane destroyed trailer park?
                Nice blanket statement.

Anyway, a high-speed rail would actually be very useful here. Florida is very spread out and the public transportation here sucks. I'd love to jump on a train and be in Orlando/Naples/Tampa/etc in minutes vs. hours... Tourism would appreciate being able to move around the state without the added expense of rental cars, but I doubt the rental lobby would let that happen. Also, Florida is huge in the shipping industry, so there's a benefit there as well.

Hasn't this train thing been brought up and shot down a few times in the past? I seem to recall it always being around...
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As I said in another thread the other day, the logical approach to high speed rail is to first build lines that run parallel to the Interstate highways that "border" the US, and one of those would be the I-95 corridor on the East Coast, which obviously includes Florida. There's really no excuse left NOT to do it. Including the money part, which could easily be solved by ending the failed occupations and making the rich pay their taxes.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                    Hasn't this train thing been brought up and shot down a few times in the past? I seem to recall it always being around...
                    Yes it has. But seeing the high speed train shot down once again does not come as a surprise, because as you said, our public transportation is a joke to begin with. Look at the Tri-Rail system, which is supposed to serve three counties. Somehow, the planners failed to create bus lines that would not only get you to the train station, but deliver you to where you wished to go once getting off the train! So in effect, residents living to the far west must drive roughly 20-30 miles to get to the train station, ride it north or south, then use a taxi to get to the location they choose. In the case of heading south, buses will not take you east to the beach because of a deal struck in the 1950s with cab owners, guaranteeing them the right to the highway (and the lucrative amounts of money charged to the passengers).

In other words, the idea of public transportation is completely stillborn. It is a clusterfuck that never will be corrected, because there are so many entities wanting a piece of the pie that none will ever be served, particularly the public. And this is co-opted by a state government that has allowed the place to become the pill-mill capital of the United States, led by a governor who believes a prescription drug database is a waste of time and money. Anyone else sense a theme taking place here?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                      As I said in another thread the other day, the logical approach to high speed rail is to first build lines that run parallel to the Interstate highways that "border" the US, and one of those would be the I-95 corridor on the East Coast, which obviously includes Florida. There's really no excuse left NOT to do it. Including the money part, which could easily be solved by ending the failed occupations and making the rich pay their taxes.
                      Same here....I always said to build them right in the middle of the I-5 right straight up Cali. Having lived in Europe, I know how sweet the rail systems are. They will do nothing but good things for the nation. Btw, England is a Democracy, not communist, and they are lock stock and barrel full of trains govenur'....along with (Long list of democracies with trains follows)...... Hey even the Fascists had them!

Republicans should be supporting them (uh trains don't vote so confused why they hate them so much), or is this somehow supporting the "common good"? They will not be powered by moonshine and butterly wings (if for some reason trains are considered "wimpy" by Hannity), so why again would you label the most effecient method of travel "communist"? Even in SLC in the Reddest state in the union, they were forced to build a light rail line to host the Olympics, now there EVEN the Republicans use and love them and are forcefully expanding it as fast as they can. The opposition to them melted away when they started using them.

And yes Craig, in Europe all the local connections are handled very nicely, in the case you cited above, probably not even 2 blocks of walking to each connecting point along the route. But as you know, you have to start somewhere, so the main line is where most of the impetus starts.
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-04-2011, 02:50 PM. Reason: Lol Trains vote along party lines....comedy.
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Republicans hate the trains for two reasons:

1) Less profit for the oil industry

2) Obama gets credit for doing something that actually helps the country

They don't care that it would create jobs, benefit the environment, and give the most significant upgrade in this nation's infrastructure since Ike started building the freeways. In fact the current Repuke party would have hated that plan too (and a lot of other things in the 1956 party platform)
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                          Nice blanket statement.

So sorry but a high-speed rail in Florida makes no sense when you consider the demographic of the population there. Americans, especially older Americans are not going to let go of their cars so easily for public transportation no matter how fast it is. Plus, Miami is not a major metropolitan area such as L.A. It would make more sense to put it in Texas than Florida.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Texas would be on the Southern I-10 corridor, and would have I-35 going north-south, under the FORD Plan® laid out in another thread.

Tourism is a big part of Florida's revenue, so it wouldn't just be for the locals, but anything that gets 95 year olds out of cars would be a good thing.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Kristy
                              So sorry but a high-speed rail in Florida makes no sense when you consider the demographic of the population there. Americans, especially older Americans are not going to let go of their cars so easily for public transportation no matter how fast it is. Plus, Miami is not a major metropolitan area such as L.A. It would make more sense to put it in Texas than Florida.

My grandmother would have loved to see us without driving...rain sleet snow hail....trains keep rolling...she can stand up, take a wiz, let the varicose veins unfurl (lol) not get lost, arrive safe and sound, all for 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost of driving (in Europe, not that price point in the US yet). I guess it just is hard to explain how and why until you actually live in another country that has it (sorry military service on a base is not the same thing). Everyone benefits from the train. /shrug. I guess people really love traffic jams and spilled coffee in their laps on their daily commute snorting up Carbonmonoxide for that 15 miles that takes them two hours instead of kicking back and reading the paper for the 30 minutes the train takes. again /shrug.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-04-2011, 03:30 PM. Reason: You can keep your old folks in cars away from me thanks.

Comment

Working...