PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cables Have A Grudge Against The World Apparently....

Hardrock69
03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Well, at least anyone who uses the word "Monster" for their business.

They even fucking sued Walt Disney for the movie "Monsters, Inc"!

What fucking idiots.

http://madmartian.com/legal/

Hardrock69
03-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Oh, and here is a list of all the current cases pending that are "Monster Cables" vs. whoever:

http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pnam=Monster%20Cable%20Products,%20Inc.

Their sales must be so down the shitter they have taken to suing the fuck out of anyone they can in order to create a revenue stream.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 04:30 AM
shit happens to shitty corporations that make a shitty fucking product.
fuck monster cables.

jhale667
03-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I've never had any issues with their cables, nor their with them living up to their lifetime guaranty when one occasionally fails...but I hate it when companies get sue-happy (cough, Dimarzio, cough) :umm:

:guitar:

FORD
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Ridiculously overpriced. They use a larger gauge of wire than other cables and then act like it's some revolutionary big secret that only they know about. In the case of their speaker wire, you can buy 12 gauge lamp cord in bulk by the foot at your local hardware store and get the same results for a lot less money. And if you buy the plugs for whatever patch cords you need and have some simple tools to put them on the wire, same thing.

And a big "fuck you" to any corporation who thinks they can copyright a word that was around a long time before they were.

Nitro Express
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
The size of the wire makes a difference when you are dealing with a six volt vs. twelve volt electrical system on a car. It's a safety issue when dealing with amperage in a home. Too small of a wire and you burn the house down.

As far as speakers go, I can't hear the difference between wire size. I have monster cable and I have electrical zip cord. It sounds the same to me. Just open up a stock speaker cab and see how small the wires are going from the speakers to the jack. It doesn't matter if you are running huge wire to the cab, because the speakers themselves are wired up with small wire.

I always thought Monster wire was a gimmick.

vh rides again
03-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I laugh every time I see the prices of monster cable products. I wouldnt buy anything of thiers. there is definately a differance in the signal monster cable and other similar companies put out, problem is you need a digital meter to see it. If your ears are that good you can probably hear a dog whistle too.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Bigger wire might come into play if your speakers are a long distance from the amplifier, but if they are four feet from it, who cares. 12 guage will work fine.

Hardrock69
03-07-2011, 05:26 AM
HA!

Check this shit out! :biggrin:

http://gizmodo.com/#!363154/audiophile-deathmatch-monster-cables-vs-a-coat-hanger

Audiophile Deathmatch: Monster Cables vs. a Coat Hanger

Whether or not Monster Cables are worth it is a war that has raged since home theater immemorial. A poster at Audioholics was put in a room with five fellow audiophiles, and a Martin Logan SL-3 speaker set at 75Db at 1000KHz playing a mix of "smooth, trio, easy listening jazz" that no one had heard before. In one corner, Monster 1000 speaker cables. In the other, four coat hangers twisted and soldered into a speaker cable.

Seven songs were played while the group was blindfolded and the cables swapped back and forth. Not only "after 5 tests, none could determine which was the Monster 1000 cable or the coat hanger wire," but no one knew a coat hanger was used in the first place.

Further, when music was played through the coat hanger wire, we were asked if what we heard sounded good to us. All agreed that what was heard sounded excellent, however, when A-B tests occured, it was impossible to determine which sounded best the majority of the time and which wire was in use.
It's possible these guys weren't super-hardcore audiophiles that might not be able to tell the difference. Ignoring the main point for a second, we don't really recommend re-wiring your home theater after a firesale on wire hangers.

Seshmeister
03-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Brilliant, I always suspected as much.

It's like those guys that try to sell you gold plated Scart cables for your DVD player.

ashstralia
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
i make my own cables with quality parts. it's the way to go if you're handy with the iron.:)

Seshmeister
03-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Ironing is womens work.

Hardrock69
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Perhaps, but a majority of women would be lost if you handed them some solder and an iron and told them to hop to it. :hee:
*ducks frying pan upside the head*

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Especially with the lead free solder we have now.

jhale667
03-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Ridiculously overpriced. They use a larger gauge of wire than other cables and then act like it's some revolutionary big secret that only they know about. In the case of their speaker wire, you can buy 12 gauge lamp cord in bulk by the foot at your local hardware store and get the same results for a lot less money. And if you buy the plugs for whatever patch cords you need and have some simple tools to put them on the wire, same thing.

And a big "fuck you" to any corporation who thinks they can copyright a word that was around a long time before they were.

Actually for my channel switchers I made a couple of George L cables, and the one non-Monster cable on my pedal board is one I made with the Planet Waves connectors, in both cases solderless - not like I couldn't have wired them, but hey, if I don't have to and it works just as well...:cool:

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 10:41 PM
So the solderless connectors work well?