Here's what the Diceman has to say about Charlie Sheen.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Here's what the Diceman has to say about Charlie Sheen.

What the fuck is up with the eye patch?

• hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    What the fuck is up with the eye patch?
    Georgie Porgie pudding and pie
    jerked off in the Dicemans eye
    when his eye was dried and shut
    Georgie fucked that patch-eyed slut
    .......OH!

Alot of what he says about Chuckles is dead-on. It's the funniest shit he's said in years!

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He lost me at 'greatest sitcom of this decade'.

Is he quite famous in the States? I think I saw him being really loud and unfunny about 20 years ago, not sure.

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Is he quite famous in the States? I think I saw him being really loud and unfunny about 20 years ago, not sure.
        For a brief moment in the early 90's he was hyper-popular, but his ego wouldn't let him admit that mechanical bulls used to be hyper-popular too.

During his quick 15 minutes he did sell out Madison Square Garden 3 nights in a row, which is impressive when you consider it's just some dickhead standing onstage telling jokes.

His funniest moments were his on-air battles with Howard Stern, which unintentionally became pure comedy gold.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think we're going through a similar thing here 15 years after it was done in the States where stand up is now being done in arenas although it's mainly a bit cleverer than the 'shock' stuff I hear he used to do.

I would still never go to it. I'm a comedy fan, I'll be at 4 stand up shows this month but I don't believe in comedy in venues bigger than a theatre.

That's not stand up it's a rally...

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

It's greed really. A quick cash-in on the mindless masses kind of thing.

Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce were the kings of the game. The intimacy of a club or theatre is what made it work. That interaction with the audience. To picture either of them trying to do their thing onstage at Wembley would be fucking ridiculous......
            Last edited by hambon4lif; 03-20-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Dice always seemed like a big Fonzi with a dirty mouth. The type of dude that would mouth off on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn in the 50's.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

He's looking white trash as ever

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

He tried to make a comeback and failed on reality TV and was argumentative with hosts of shows he was on. Dice Clay was a particularly ugly ship to watch sink but he's sunk now.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif

His funniest moments were his on-air battles with Howard Stern, which unintentionally became pure comedy gold.

Remember the feud with Sam Kinnison?

RIP Sam. You were the best!
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Never thought Clay was funny. Not even remotely so.

Now Kinison, Hell yeah. Satan keeps telling me he's gonna send up some of Sam's recent stuff, but the fucking red bastard never does.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        During his quick 15 minutes he did sell out Madison Square Garden 3 nights in a row, which is impressive when you consider it's just some dickhead standing onstage telling jokes.
                        Not very many comedians will ever be able to say that....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          RIP Sam. You were the best!
                          .....I still love this song!

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Dice always seemed like a big Fonzi with a dirty mouth. The type of dude that would mouth off on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn in the 50's.
                            Yeah, that was Dennis Miller's line, "Fonzi with Tourette's syndrome". Outside of a couple minutes during the Diceman Cometh HBO show, there wasn't much there. It's odd what seemed so amusing at the time hasn't aged all that well, then again maybe that's just me. His impressions however, were (and still are) on the mark.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Never thought Clay was funny. Not even remotely so.

Now Kinison, Hell yeah. Satan keeps telling me he's gonna send up some of Sam's recent stuff, but the fucking red bastard never does.
                              Clay was funny the first couple of times I saw him, but I never really understood why he became so popular...same with Dane Cook. I wouldn't say both those guys were "unfunny" but I still can't see how what they did translated into selling out huge venues like MSG.

Sesh is right: comedy works best in small theaters.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...