PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and the Judge: Obama’s Illegal War

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
:elvis:

kwame k
03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Oh, for fuck's sake.........when your side engages in an actual illegal war you have zero problem with it, when the other side's guy does a UN sponsored enforcement of a no fly zone, you freak out.

War.....what war? When are the ground troops going in?

We lived up to our agreement with the UN charter as did many other countries.......even the United Arab Emirates are on board.

Geez....an Administration totally lies about the pretext of invading a sovereign nation and it's OK.......sending a few planes/ships to stop a dictator from being able to bomb his own people.....people BTW, that are marching and violently protesting for freedom! Not a country that had to have a gun held to their head and have democracy forced down their throats, like Iraq!

There a tons of stuff to be pissed at Obama about..........pick something that actually is rooted in fact.

Obama'a war.........did Rush or BecKKK say that first?

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 10:00 AM
It is illegal and they are lying about why we are there...

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 10:03 AM
BTW, if you're talking to me, I don't have a side...

kwame k
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM

No...it's not illegal and so far we've only done air strikes.....like damn near every President has done in the last 30+ years.

kwame k
03-23-2011, 10:16 AM
BTW, if you're talking to me, I don't have a side...

Yeah...I'm waiting to see what happens after the air strikes, myself.

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Well, the national guard are being called on for Lybia...

But there was no congressional authorization for Obama to do this...

He went to the UN...and now the so called "coalition" are backing out...

And if you think we went in there for humanitarian reasons, you're sorely mistaken...

kwame k
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
No, I have zero illusions of a President doing anything for humanitarian reasons........we're supposed to hand over the enforcing of the no fly zone soon, just to who is the question.

Like I said, I'm waiting to see what happens next before getting into a debate about this........if we just threw some bombs at them to help the people gain their independence, cool. If it turns into something else then.........

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
If Lybia didn't have that sweet crude the US wouldn't have looked with the slightest bit of interest...

Nitro Express
03-23-2011, 11:49 AM

And if you think we went in there for humanitarian reasons, you're sorely mistaken...

We have a rogue president and the military should just tell him to go to hell. Things are that bad.

Nitro Express
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
We lived up to our agreement with the UN charter as did many other countries.......even the United Arab Emirates are on board.

Yeah but our presidents violate the US Constitution by going to war without the US Congress declaring war. The president can't declare war only congress can. I'm sorry but if you don't think bombing a country is an act of war then what is? Hell, lets just nuke them then or hit them with biological/chemical weapons because if it's delivered by airplane or missile it's not war.

I'm tired of these rogue presidents with all their executive orders and non elected agency heads doing whatever the hell they want violating the law of the land and the proper political process.

lesfunk
03-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Ron Paul speaks sense

lesfunk
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Obama's attack on Libya is an impeachable offense. At least Bush got his lies in order and got Congressional approval before his illegal war.
Remember, kids...American interventionism is why the world hates Americans UNLESS the president's a democrat. ...or at least has a D next to his name

Nitro Express
03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Clinton got impeached and it did nothing. A president can be impeached but still stay in office with all his powers. There are additional steps to remove them from office. In extreme cases the speaker of the house can send the sargent of arms to arrest a US president if they have gone totally nuts.

What we are seeing is the early stages of the US Congress being replaced by the United Nations. We need to stomp this shit hard and stomp it now. Nobody has stood up and too many people have just gone along with it to get a pay check and not to rock the boat and that is what has brought us to this horrible situation. If we do nothing we lose big time. They will steal everything. So we might as well go out stirring major shit because the powers that be are expecting our greed and stupidity to make it possible to close escrow on US sovereignty.

It was really clever what they did with the military. They made college tuition so expensive people had to sign up for military service to afford college. They made it seem like the National Guard was a safe place to be. Well, the National Guard became the new draft and people are dependent on that money because of the job situation. Also, most military people are in debt up to their ears. So they serve because there are no other options.

During Vietnam students didn't need the military and when the draft came all hell broke loose. But you didn't have students in debt to loan shark banks and Uncle Sam waiving money in front of their faces. America has been bought.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
i was under the impression the US was there to launch missiles and the french were flyin' their planes for the no-fly zone and air combat. we already lost one plane of ours, i'm afraid boots will hit the ground soon.

Nitro Express
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the Obama illusion is going down in flames. Only the stupid people who believe the marketing hype still believe in him.

Nickdfresh
03-23-2011, 08:39 PM

What's specifically "illegal" about it?

Nickdfresh
03-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I mean, how unconstitutional to send U.S. military to Libya and over Tripoli! I mean, the fucking Founding Fathers would piss their pants if we ever sent our brave, skilled armed forces over too Libyan soil!!!!!

I mean....

Oh wait!

FUCK!!!!!

The Marine Corp Hymn:

From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean:
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.
Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

Now, who can tell me which (currently) Libyan city is in the lyric and what they're singing about?

Nickdfresh
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
If Lybia didn't have that sweet crude the US wouldn't have looked with the slightest bit of interest...

Are you attempting to spell the country, or the part of a vagina?

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 11:35 PM
:biggrin:

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Now, who can tell me which (currently) Libyan city is in the lyric and what they're singing about?

They're singing about this line:

This Libyan bullshit is not our battle...

FORD
03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
They're singing about this line:

This Libyan bullshit is not our battle...

Well, OK..... but at what fucking time in history WOULD "the shores of Tripoli" have been "our battle".

I suppose one could make a case for fighting the Nazis in North Africa, but the song was written in the early 1800s, so it wasn't about that.

Bottom line here is the hypocrisy. Anyone who justified Chimp's invasion of Afghanistan (based on a flimsy case that was mostly bullshit) and Iraq (based on complete LIES) but is opposed to this Libya thing, really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Me? I'm consistently opposed to all three of them. Along with Vietnam, Korea, and everything else after World War II, as NONE of it had a fucking thing to do with THIS country.

Nitro Express
03-24-2011, 02:57 AM

The UN is using America's resources to drain it financially and militarily while gaining resources around world. The UN has always been an enemy of the US and now our president serves it and not us.

BigBadBrian
03-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Clinton got impeached and it did nothing. A president can be impeached but still stay in office with all his powers. There are additional steps to remove them from office.

That's because people don't know what impeachment is. Impeachment is an INDICTMENT by the US House of Representatives. It takes a majority vote in the US Senate to CONVICT the President of an impeachment charge/offense.

BigBadBrian
03-24-2011, 05:15 AM
.........when your side engages in an actual illegal war you have zero problem with it

"Your side" - most Democrats voted to give Bush authorization for Iraq also.

"Illegal war" - no such thing. The POTUS, including your boy Barry, doesn't need a vote in the UN Security Council to take US troops into harm's way. I'll take the votes over our own US Congress, be it a Democrat or Republican majority, over the votes of the Chinese, Russians, and French et al. any day.

That said, I'm still on the fence about this Libya operation. There doesn't seem to be clear cut goals in this, Obama's goal is to go outside the aims of the UN resolution (which doesn't bother me...fuck the UN), and the goddamn Fremch have proposed taking over command of this from the US and running this military operation by a multi-nation committee. For fuck's sake, that's no way to run things! Nobody wants to take charge of this thing.

hambon4lif
03-24-2011, 08:08 AM

ELVIS
03-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Maybe Uncle Otoma should watch this...

:elvis:

PETE'S BROTHER
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Well, OK..... but at what fucking time in history WOULD "the shores of Tripoli" have been "our battle".

Tripoli is an unincorporated community in Lincoln and Oneida counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. Tripoli is located on U.S. Route 8 31 miles (50 km) west of Rhinelander, in the towns of Somo and Lynne. Tripoli has a post office with ZIP code 54564.[2]

FORD
03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Tripoli is an unincorporated community in Lincoln and Oneida counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. Tripoli is located on U.S. Route 8 31 miles (50 km) west of Rhinelander, in the towns of Somo and Lynne. Tripoli has a post office with ZIP code 54564.[2]

An invasion of Wisconsin would actually make more sense at the moment. The dictator there IS a real threat to America! :gun:

BigBadBrian
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
An invasion of Wisconsin would actually make more sense at the moment. The dictator there IS a real threat to America! :gun:

"Elections have consequences" - Barack Obama

:gulp:

FORD
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
"It's not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes" - Joe Stalin

ELVIS
03-24-2011, 01:46 PM
algore likes to count votes...

FORD
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
algore likes to count votes...

Yes, but the 5 BCE stooges on the Supreme Court wouldn't let him.