X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Olberman criticizes Obama on Libya

Olberman criticizes the policy of US presidents killing people using the excuse it's only for a short while then we will leave.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

This is a good thread...

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      This is a good thread...

Other than the actual administration, has anyone come out in support of the Libya action?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

I've honestly heard, seen or read none...

Dickforbrains and LoungeMolester probably support it...

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Julia Clark, IPSOS Public Affairs Director, tells Reuters, "the data suggest he is perceived to be more consultative in his approach, which may distinguish him in the minds of the American public from his predecessor, George W. Bush, who was not perceived to be.

On U.S. involvement in Libya, 60% said they "support the United States and its allies bombing Libya to impose a no-fly zone to protect civilians from Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi's forces." Another 40% said they are opposed.

In the poll, 79% said they would support the U.S. and its allies trying to remove Khaddafy. A small minority support deploying grounds troops -- only seven percent said they would support that idea.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            This is a good thread...
            I think it drives home the people we see on TV reporting the news are paid actors. There is no reality there. Who knows who these people really are and what they really think. Maybe they tow the line because they have ran up huge debts they need to pay off. Maybe they have a sick relative they are paying the medical bills for. It's all about towing the line to collect a paycheck for whatever reasons.

If you have enough "Fuck You!" money stashed away in a safe place and have moral principles then stand up and be put in the closet or fired. Of course those people seem to be the minority.

If anything, us the viewer need to realize it's all acting and bullshit. You won't know the whole story unless you were actually there to see it for yourself.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...