So we're fighting along side al-Qaeda now ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

So we're fighting along side al-Qaeda now ??

Sickening BULLSHIT!!!

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

US and British government sources said Mr al-Hasidi was a member of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, or LIFG, which killed dozens of Libyan troops in guerrilla attacks around Derna and Benghazi in 1995 and 1996.

Even though the LIFG is not part of the al-Qaeda organisation, the United States military's West Point academy has said the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship". In 2007, documents captured by allied forces from the town of Sinjar, showed LIFG emmbers made up the second-largest cohort of foreign fighters in Iraq, after Saudi Arabia.

Earlier this month, al-Qaeda issued a call for supporters to back the Libyan rebellion, which it said would lead to the imposition of "the stage of Islam" in the country.

British Islamists have also backed the rebellion, with the former head of the banned al-Muhajiroun proclaiming that the call for "Islam, the Shariah and jihad from Libya" had "shaken the enemies of Islam and the Muslims more than the tsunami that Allah sent against their friends, the Japanese".

• FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, they were the "good guys" in the 80's version of the Afghanistan war with the Russians, right?

Al Qaeda was (and likely still is) a fully owned subsidiary of BCE/CIA worldwide criminal enterprises.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Elvis..... did you even read the article?

How old are you? How much longer do we have to wait for your wake? -_-
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Hmmmm I heard sumptin bout dem dern Japanese lately.....wow the world is a complext thing huh? My Dad fught dem in W W Twos!

SENDAI, Japan – Just one year after tensions over U.S. military bases in Japan forced out a prime minister, a relief mission mounted by American soldiers after the earthquake and tsunami is showing a new and welcome face for troops the Japanese have hosted — sometimes grudgingly — for decades.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
          Elvis..... did you even read the article?

How old are you? How much longer do we have to wait for your wake? -_-
          Or yours.

As usual, your post makes little sense. The article Elvis posted seems straight forward to me. Of course you don't like it...it implies your boy has us colluding with the enemy. This goddamn, shit-for-brains President didn't make the least little effort to find out WHO IN THE HELL these rebels were. Typical Dumbass-Democrat foreign policy.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            As usual, your post makes little sense. The article Elvis posted seems straight forward to me. Of course you don't like it...it implies your boy has us colluding with the enemy.
            Her "boy"? You are kidding, right? Where Blaze comes from, this guy is in charge of the planet...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Little Brain,
              Read my words again. I did not state that the article was not straight forward.
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I doubt you can even interpret it...

Now take your wheelchair to the edge of the shore and wait for a golden winged ship to pass your way...

freak...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  I doubt you can even interpret it...

Now take your wheelchair to the edge of the shore and wait for a golden winged ship to pass your way...

freak...

You provide no new information. Why not post the cure for cancer here instead?
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Even though the LIFG is not part of the al-Qaeda organisation

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship"

Since the enemy of my enemy is my friend, therefore the friend of my enemy is also my enemy.

Got it, Scotsman?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Well, they were the "good guys" in the 80's version of the Afghanistan war with the Russians, right?

Al Qaeda was (and likely still is) a fully owned subsidiary of BCE/CIA worldwide criminal enterprises.
                        FORD, repeat after me: "there is no such thing as the BCE" "there is no such thing as the BCE"
                        "there is no such thing as the BCE"

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship"

Since the enemy of my enemy is my friend, therefore the friend of my enemy is also my enemy.

Got it, Scotsman?
                          Classic US diplomacy.

Wandering about hitting wasps nests with a golf club.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

FORD, repeat after me: "there is no such thing as Compassionate Conservatives" "there is no such thing as Compassionate Conservatives"
                            "there is no such thing as Compassionate Conservatives"
                            About time you figured that out.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

No new information here.

Comment

Working...