X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • famac
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Guitar World Sham

OK - I admit I bought the new Guitar World, if just for some Dave comments from Ed. There are none, just a bunch of his sentimental "this time we are going rock, this time we're better than ever, Sam is a brother" Sure, Ed.

He also goes on to describe how he learned how record and mix songs which is a little surprising this late in the game. He wastes no time taking cheap shots at the guy who was recording his stuff that he let go, too. If you don't come away from this interview disliking Eddie Van Halen, you need to read it twice.

Anyway, when I saw the issue at Borders, I thought. Gosh, does Ed only get photographed in black and white now? After reading the brief interview, I was still wondering about the cover photo: somehow he looked to good compared to dress rehearsal the other night.

So I went digging through my magazines, because I remembered the cover he did with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck was also in B&W. And much to my shock, I dicovered he was in the same clothes, with the same necklace! Guitar World used Van Halen III photos the article. That lead me to the conclusion Ed did the interview on the phone, and it is very short.

The Randy Rhoads interview, obviously added to this issue to boost sales and fill out pages, was actually an amazing interview and you should check it out.

But think about that... a dead guy is giving a better interview than a guy coming back from 6 years in the void. Pathetic!
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

::sigh::

I heard he was slamming on Donn Landee. If it's true that's pretty pathetic of Ed. He would have never sounded as good without the guy.

Ed used to say Dave sucked as a human being. He has no room to talk.

Notice that Donn had nothing to do with III.
    Last edited by Warham; 06-11-2004, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• famac
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

It's not Don Landee - it's some other guy

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Eddie can't help the way he looks.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• famac
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

Chech this out

Comment

• SoCalChelle
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

famac, when/where was that pic taken?
            Formerly Tormented VH Fan
            Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Probably the best move Ed can make as far as interviews go is just not to mention Roth at all. Just keep the blinders on and pretend the classic era didn't exist, and that his greatest accomplishments aren't 2 decades + behind him.

Ed and Halen got nothing new to offer. Love how GUITAR WORLD is hyping up Ed's first interview in 5 years like it's a big deal. What has Ed done in the last 5 years from a guitarists perspective that warrants an interview?

Nothing.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• famac
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

The picture aboce is from the interior of Guitar World

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Thanks