PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura talks to that new British twit on CNN

FORD
04-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Interesting interview, despite the idiot host..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3YNbfpQNqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbbKiAI8bg

FORD
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
...and the Hasseltwit on ABC.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV784UEGWHY

FORD
04-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Jesse really got around this week......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMujwzSl4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn6d3lOZIc

Glenn BecKKK is Curly Howard's son? :biggrin:

Baby's On Fire
04-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Jesse really got around this week......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMujwzSl4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn6d3lOZIc

Glenn BecKKK is Curly Howard's son? :biggrin:

Jesse Ventura kicks ass. He'd be an awesome president. I agree with everything I've ever heard him say.

Whether you agree with him or not, you can't deny he'd be an amazing president. He tells the truth, says it like it is, and doesn't give a flying fuck what any detractors say.

And he's extremely intelligent, articulate and lays waste to anyone who debates him.

binnie
04-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm curious to know why you think Piers Morgan is an 'idiot' - I actually thought that he gave Jesse a good grilling there, and that always gets the best out of politicians. Piers might be THE most unpopular man in Britain, but I don't think many people think he's stupid.

As for Jesse, he certainly makes good TV. He is also very articulate and passionate - but the idea that Afghanistan is about lithium? and a 'death bed confession' is proof of a CIA ordered assination of JFK? That shows a willingness to believe in almost any anti-government conspiracy.

FORD
04-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd definitely like to see him in a steel cage match with both of the KKKoch Brothers.

Baby's On Fire
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
You guys seeem to be belittling a man who is probably the most free-thinking, anti-government horseshit public figure ever in the history of the USA. Jesse ALWAYS cites references and states his positions are not theory but are rather based in research and evidence. He always invites the reader or viewer to research the references that he always provides.

The chirper interviewer gave him a grilling? Fucking puh-lease. Jesse ate that fucking British cunt for breakfast. Gimme a fucking break.

Long live Jesse Ventura. The World can only hpe he runs for president.

And if he does, he'll wipe the fucking floor with the Repuke assholes and Demo pussies.

Dan
04-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm A Fan Of,"Jesse The Body Ventura".

FORD
04-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm curious to know why you think Piers Morgan is an 'idiot' - I actually thought that he gave Jesse a good grilling there, and that always gets the best out of politicians. Piers might be THE most unpopular man in Britain, but I don't think many people think he's stupid.

As for Jesse, he certainly makes good TV. He is also very articulate and passionate - but the idea that Afghanistan is about lithium? and a 'death bed confession' is proof of a CIA ordered assination of JFK? That shows a willingness to believe in almost any anti-government conspiracy.

Well, it's probably not ONLY Lithium. I know Chimpy wanted to keep the war going there because of the family business, and I don't mean oil. Let's put it this way, his dad has the nickname "Poppy" for a reason. As far as Obama goes, it's funny how his plan to aim for a 2011 troop reduction changed shortly after the "discovery" of these huge reserves of mineral resources was announced. Lithium was one of them. And of course there's still the issue of the oil & gas pipeline which they have been trying to build since 1997.

So yeah, there are a lot of "reasons" to be in Afghanistan. And not one of them have a damn thing to do with defending the US, UK, Canada, or any other country with men & women on the ground in that shithole.

And as far as Howard Hunt's deathbed confession goes, it's pretty much a known quantity that he was a BCE/CIA operative and that he was involved in the JFK hit. Hunt was actually arrested for the shooting, along with Frank Sturgis and a couple other CIA operatives, and briefly questioned by the Dallas PD, before Oswald was established as the patsy. And Morgan really sounded like a government shill when he whined about what was written in a Dallas newspaper 47 years ago.

Of course that's how they do it at the AOL-owned CNN. Never question the official story, no matter how goddamn ridiculous it is.

Baby's On Fire
04-09-2011, 08:29 PM
So am I. But I'm even a bigger fan of Jesse "The Mind" Ventura.

He nails everything, 100 percent of the time.

He's brilliant, articulate, thoughtful...and above all else....Honest.

I hope he runs for President. If he does, he'll wipe the floor wth everyone else.

Baby's On Fire
04-09-2011, 08:32 PM
FORD,

I would have expected you, of all people, to be the ultimate Pro-Jesse voice....aside from me. But you're far more of a political scholar than me.

I'm surprised at your lack of pro-Jesse support. You're on the fence bitch.

Get off that fence.

FORD
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
FORD,

I would have expected you, of all people, to be the ultimate Pro-Jesse voice....aside from me. But you're far more of a political scholar than me.

I'm surprised at your lack of pro-Jesse support. You're on the fence bitch.

Get off that fence.

Where did you get the idea that I was "anti-Jesse"?

Would I have posted this thread if I didn't like the guy?

I agree with most of what he says in the above videos, though I'm not sure I'd want Ron Paul as President. Ron Paul is on the correct side of about two issues: Imperial bullshit wars, and the "Federal" reserve. But the remainder of his domestic agenda would be crazy extreme right wing horseshit, which would be worse than even what those KKKoch funded dumbasses in Wisconsin are trying to do right now.

Which is why I want to see him in a steel cage match with those pieces of shit. Only Jesse would use REAL Navy Seal combat techniques and not that WWE bullshit fakery.

Baby's On Fire
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I understand what you're saying. But by referencing a steel cage match you appear to be belittling Jesse.

Jesse is a brilliant man, a free-thinker, and a fucking ass kicker. And more importantly, honest and never afraid to speak his mind.

Isn't that what made America great? And when I say great, I mean pre-cold-war.

Pre-Cold-War America meant innovation, pride, hard work and patriotism. Not to be confused with ridiculously over-the-top pro capitalism.

Unchainme
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I understand what you're saying. But by referencing a steel cage match you appear to be belittling Jesse.

Jesse is a brilliant man, a free-thinker, and a fucking ass kicker. And more importantly, honest and never afraid to speak his mind.

Isn't that what made America great? And when I say great, I mean pre-cold-war.

Pre-Cold-War America meant innovation, pride, hard work and patriotism. Not to be confused with ridiculously over-the-top pro capitalism.

What the fuck do you know about America and what made it "great"?

You live in Canada, and have made comments before belittling America every chance you can get.

Unchainme
04-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not really a fan of Jesse Ventura..

A lot of his stuff just seems to rely on conspiracy theories, moreso fact which I'm more of a fan of. (Penn Jillette is a bit crazy, but he sort of fits what I'm thinking).

I happen to believe the government is corrupt, but to be fair it's always been that way. However, I don't believe it's out to get the American people and go Nazi-Germany on us.

I do find it funny that the same group of people that constantly trash Glenn Beck (Who I CAN'T stand for the same exact reason), sort of elevate this guy as a truth seeker.

VanHalener
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
~America~

The Beautiful

Fuck with the best, die like the rest.

All The Way

Dr. Love
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
that guy needs a haircut

VanHalener
04-09-2011, 10:39 PM
that guy needs a haircut

Indeed.

Be thankful he's not sporting a massive comb over.

ELVIS
04-10-2011, 01:06 AM
How can you freaks like Ventura and not like Alex Jones ??

Unchainme
04-10-2011, 01:19 AM

I...don't like either?

FORD
04-10-2011, 02:08 AM

I agree with Alex Jones sometimes. Other times I think he' s on some bad acid.

Seshmeister
04-10-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm not really a fan of Jesse Ventura..

A lot of his stuff just seems to rely on conspiracy theories, moreso fact which I'm more of a fan of. (Penn Jillette is a bit crazy, but he sort of fits what I'm thinking).

I happen to believe the government is corrupt, but to be fair it's always been that way. However, I don't believe it's out to get the American people and go Nazi-Germany on us.

I do find it funny that the same group of people that constantly trash Glenn Beck (Who I CAN'T stand for the same exact reason), sort of elevate this guy as a truth seeker.

Yeah I can agree with some things a libertarian like Penn Jilette and then he'll say something like the state shouldn't fund education at all. A third or a quarter of Americans unable to read or write and half of the rest taught by religions? People having to send their kids to Scientology schools since they can't afford anything else?

A mistake a most of these celebrities make is because they worked hard and became very successful they do the 1+1=3 equation and assume that all everyone else needs to do is the same and base their belief system on that.

What their ego doesn't take into account that yes they may have worked hard and had a talent, but they also got massively lucky and their life experience is not a blueprint for anything.

The most ridiculous example of this of course was Dave Roth giving long diatribes on how to bring up kids???? :)

The second most is getting opinions on conspiracy theories from a wrestler... :)

Seshmeister
04-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Can't comment as I will not watch anything the cunt is involved in unless it's coverage of his death or torture.

Nitro Express
04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I agree with Alex Jones sometimes. Other times I think he' s on some bad acid.

He get's on my nerves. I have nothing against the guy and I thought his sneaking into the Bohemian Club was cool but his paranoid delivery style grates on my nerves and really does make him look like a whacko. That being said, we have some serious issues in the government and some things that need to be questioned and I'm glad people do make people think about it. It certainly isn't We The People anymore.

ThrillsNSpills
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
He get's on my nerves. I have nothing against the guy and I thought his sneaking into the Bohemian Club was cool but his paranoid delivery style grates on my nerves and really does make him look like a whacko. That being said, we have some serious issues in the government and some things that need to be questioned and I'm glad people do make people think about it. It certainly isn't We The People anymore.

I always thought his manic delivery style hurt his credibility as well .

chefcraig
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
CNN reran this "show" Saturday night, and as engaging as I find Jesse Ventura, the effect was pretty much like placing a room humidifier beside a dehumidifier in a closet and watching them fight it out. Hardly as enthralling as the epic Blaze/thome battles of the past, to be sure. Really, this is what American political discourse has come to mean?

Nonetheless, if Mr. Ventura decides to run for the presidency, he has my vote. Not because I believe he has the smarts or empathy needed to run this country, but because the idea of Ventura in some sort of arena with any whack-job from the Middle East (think "The Body" vs "The Iron Sheik") and eventually slapping the living shit out of the other guy is appealing to my sense of humor.

Oh, and should such an event take place, there is but one choice for moderator:

Mean Gene Okerlund http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/respect/respect-023.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/free-respect-smileys.html)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8338/genej.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/genej.jpg/)

That in and of itself should tell you how far my expectations of political reality have slipped since the eighties. :duh:

ThrillsNSpills
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=binnie;1534229]I'm curious to know why you think Piers Morgan is an 'idiot' - I actually thought that he gave Jesse a good grilling there, and that always gets the best out of politicians. Piers might be THE most unpopular man in Britain, but I don't think many people think he's stupid.

QUOTE]

He's just doing his job which is to discredit Jesse for his audience so the people watching don't think or question.

ELVIS
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Ventura looks like he was released from the nursing home to give that interview...

binnie
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Did you leave the front door unlocked again?

kwame k
04-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I like the questions that Jesse is asking but his conclusions are just dramatized in order to make for good TV.

I agree with his assessment that we should look back at what Bush Co did and make sure it never happens again........yet, another thing Obama wimped out on.

hambon4lif
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
He's also spot-on how lawyers should be banned from running for office. It's a conflict of interest no matter how you look at it.....

Unchainme
04-12-2011, 04:41 PM
He's also spot-on how lawyers should be banned from running for office. It's a conflict of interest no matter how you look at it.....

Not really..
Lawyers should run, but not only should they run, but people in business, doctors, people in education (professors, teachers, etc), and all sorts of people. That's the problem right there, if it's ONLY one group of people, you're going to have an increase in corruption.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Jesus, if there's anymore of an increase in corruption......they'll start coming to our houses and stealing everything we own.

chefcraig
04-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Jesus, if there's anymore of an increase in corruption......they'll start coming to our houses and stealing everything we own.

Welcome to my neighborhood. Funny, the thugs don't dress like lawyers...

binnie
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Not really..
Lawyers should run, but not only should they run, but people in business, doctors, people in education (professors, teachers, etc), and all sorts of people. That's the problem right there, if it's ONLY one group of people, you're going to have an increase in corruption.

That is so true. Another problem is the rise of the 'professional politician': people who have come straight out of college and done nothing but work in politics - they consequently have no real experience of the areas over which they govern.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome to my neighborhood. Funny, the thugs don't dress like lawyers...

Jesus Craig, I just read Florida is going to take another bath in the housing market once the "shadow inventory" hits the market this year...........

Michigan is bracing for a 20% [on average] decrease in the housing market this year and commercial property is going to get hit really hard this year......estimates from 20 to 40% this year alone.

Maybe Ace was right...... Tepee living might be the way to go:pullinghair:

chefcraig
04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Jesus Craig, I just read Florida is going to take another bath in the housing market once the "shadow inventory" hits the market this year...........

Michigan is bracing for a 20% [on average] decrease in the housing market this year and commercial property is going to get hit really hard this year......estimates from 20 to 40% this year alone.

There was an article front page of the Money section of my local paper Sunday (Broward homes: Price change from Feb. 2010 to Feb. 2011 (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/broadband/theedge/datacenter/sfl-edge-home-prices-broward-2011,0,3778188.htmlstory)) that showed a graphic displaying my zip code had dropped more than 20% over the past year alone. To add to this, Forbes today made the distinction that South Florida is home to three of the most undesirable cities in the nation. Your area made the list as well, only twice.(Forbes: South Florida home to three of the 'Most Miserable Cities' in US (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/sfl-20-most-miserable-us-cities-20110411-photos,0,267945.photogallery))

Fucking lovely, eh?

kwame k
04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I can get us a good deal in Colorado............

Seriously, I've been in the trenches here in Michigan doing commercial and residential speculation.......it's only going to get worse this year and next year a modest leveling off during the quarter leading up to the Presidential election. Then another downturn after that.

It's the perfect storm........too much inventory and not enough buyers.

The people who want to buy are finding it impossible to get a loan even with good credit [750 and above score] and with next to zero small business creation or SBA lending, even the relatively stable commercial market is tanking.

chefcraig
04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Well, I have to do something, soon. There is just too much upkeep on a house built in the sixties for me to handle alone, particularly in this climate. And the way things are being forecast in this area, I'm going to take a bath even if I do manage to sell.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Look into a short sale if your mortgage is more than current market values........normally they don't effect your credit that bad but be damn sure you know going into it what it'll do to your credit.

You could lease with an option but considering the "class" of people who would rent from you, they'd just trash the place. Owner financing gets murky if you have an existing mortgage but it can be done but I'm not sure that's an option I'd recommend.

The riding it out until the market comes back is a fairy tale. The market won't adjust itself for another decade or so and maybe never. I doubt we'll see home values inflate to the late 90's to mid 2000's levels ever again.

The reality is.........how long do you stay on a sinking ship?

Kristy
04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Did anyone listen to him on Coast-To-Coast last night? Apart from spewing out his usual anti-Rethuglican/Demobrat sewage, his took a pot-shot or two at Vince McMahon and how he pretty much exploited wrestlers back in the day. That was class.

Kristy
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, I have to do something, soon. There is just too much upkeep on a house built in the sixties for me to handle alone, particularly in this climate. And the way things are being forecast in this area, I'm going to take a bath even if I do manage to sell.

Give them a call. You qualify.
http://shadylaneretirement.com/images/gui/logo.jpg

chefcraig
04-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Look into a short sale if your mortgage is more than current market values........normally they don't effect your credit that bad but be damn sure you know going into it what it'll do to your credit.

You could lease with an option but considering the "class" of people who would rent from you, they'd just trash the place. Owner financing gets murky if you have an existing mortgage but it can be done but I'm not sure that's an option I'd recommend.

The riding it out until the market comes back is a fairy tale. The market won't adjust itself for another decade or so and maybe never. I doubt we'll see home values inflate to the late 90's to mid 2000's levels ever again.

The reality is.........how long do you stay on a sinking ship?

That's the thing, the sinking ship appears to be in shark-infested waters. Your point about renting is taken, as I believe I mentioned to you last year about what my neighbor behind me went through. The people paid for one month, lived there for about six. It took that long to get them evicted, even though he shut off the water and electric, they stayed for another four months and trashed every room. This included shitting everywhere after the toilet went bust, punching holes in every wall, allowed garbage to pile up that the home became rat infested and to top it all off, stealing his washer and dryer. These freeloaders are most likely repeating the performance in another town as we speak, and have probably wrecked and moved on at least three times in the past year.

I want to sell and get as far away from here as possible, as the situation gets a bit more tedious and intolerable each day. The truth is, I should have sold out seven years ago, but at that time I was married and living elsewhere. I wonder if there is a quiet bar or pub someplace in the Pacific Northwest that is looking for a hash-slinger who fumbles with guitars in his spare time?

Guitar Shark
04-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I feel like I should stand up for the lawyers or something, but I find myself unable to summon the will.

Kristy
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
The people paid for one month, lived there for about six. It took that long to get them evicted, even though he shut off the water and electric, they stayed for another four months and trashed every room. This included shitting everywhere after the toilet went bust, punching holes in every wall, allowed garbage to pile up that the home became rat infested and to top it all off, stealing his washer and dryer. These freeloaders are most likely repeating the performance in another town as we speak, and have probably wrecked and moved on at least three times in the past year.

I'd say the owner got off easy. My roommate works for Colorado Bureau of Investigation where she primarily focuses on mortgage fraud trying to track down those who travel from State to State setting up such schemes. And the horror stories she tells of these people who disappear before being caught where they will rip out an entire kitchen, bathroom fixtures, even the electrical wiring from the house - anything of any value that they can re-sell.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
That's the thing, the sinking ship appears to be in shark-infested waters. Your point about renting is taken, as I believe I mentioned to you last year about what my neighbor behind me went through. The people paid for one month, lived there for about six. It took that long to get them evicted, even though he shut off the water and electric, they stayed for another four months and trashed every room. This included shitting everywhere after the toilet went bust, punching holes in every wall, allowed garbage to pile up that the home became rat infested and to top it all off, stealing his washer and dryer. These freeloaders are most likely repeating the performance in another town as we speak, and have probably wrecked and moved on at least three times in the past year.

I want to sell and get as far away from here as possible, as the situation gets a bit more tedious and intolerable each day. The truth is, I should have sold out seven years ago, but at that time I was married and living elsewhere. I wonder if there is a quiet bar or pub someplace in the Pacific Northwest that is looking for a hash-slinger who fumbles with guitars in his spare time?

Yeah, we did talk about it last year and, like I said, I wouldn't recommend renting/leasing. I got out of it in '07 and I'll never do it again.

Let me know if they need a drummer up in the Pacific Northwest........I have another year or so in Michigan and I'm outta here!

Nitro Express
04-15-2011, 11:26 PM
The best thing I ever did was go into a 15 year mortgage on my house. The finance companies thought I was nuts but hey I understand amortrization and worked for finance companies and knew their dirty tricks and gimmicks. I wanted a no nonsense straight 15 year mortgage and got to hear how much cheaper a 30 year variable would be. Fuck that. I got four years left and I will have full equity. All that extra money per month was worth it.

Maybe that is why the average American allows themselves to be bullied and shoved around. They don't have any equity in anything and are owned by the banks. It's pretty pathetic.