PDA

View Full Version : Democracy is hanging by a thread because of plutocrats and their paid ass-kissers

FORD
04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_x34FbG9xU

hambon4lif
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
This is common knowledge stuff. Everyone already gets the idea of how unbalanced and wrong it is, and this dead horse can be beaten all day long....

I'm standing at the next step waiting for everyone else to see what the fuck we're going to do to correct the situation.

Nitro Express
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
When the government becomes hopelessly corrupt then the citizens need to stop feeding the beast and let the beast starve because without us, the government has no power. It's just a bunch of paid off, actors, and liars blowing smoke. It may require you quitting your job, standing up to authority, refusing to obey orders. If people refuse to do this they are sheep and sheep get sheared. As long as people enable evil to exist, evil wins.

FORD
04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I think the 18th century French had the right idea.:fighting0043:

Either that, or use the BCE's own blueprint and seize every last penny of their ill-gotten assets and justify it in the name of the "war on terrorism", because economic terrorism is exactly what this is.

ELVIS
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Mr Creepy is the liberal equivalent of Beckkk...

FORD
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Mr Creepy is the liberal equivalent of Beckkk...

The only thing Hartmann and BecKKK have in common is that they are both on the radio and TV.

ELVIS
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
They're both retards...

Nitro Express
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I think the 18th century French had the right idea.:fighting0043:

Either that, or use the BCE's own blueprint and seize every last penny of their ill-gotten assets and justify it in the name of the "war on terrorism", because economic terrorism is exactly what this is.

Yeah but they got Napoleon as a result. I liked the results of the American Revolution better. Thomas Jefferson had the right ideas and he warned what would happen if we surrendered our money production to private banks. They become so powerful controlling that interest rate they control everything else.

FORD
04-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Thom Hartmann has written a couple dozen books and can speak intelligently on just about any subject. BecKKK is a dry drunk Mormon lunatic wackjob spewing KKKoch brothers crap.

No comparison.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
GE made 14 billion last year and paid NO taxes and got 3 billion from the US in subsidies to boot:pullinghair:

Yet, we are expected to make cuts and pay more in taxes..........can someone explain to me why no one else is pissed and how people like Forrest and friends can defend this.

I'm not saying redistribute wealth or any of the other lies that the rich spew........I'm saying just pay SOME FUCKING TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nitro Express
04-12-2011, 03:43 PM
GE made 14 billion last year and paid NO taxes and got 3 billion from the US in subsidies to boot:pullinghair:

Yet, we are expected to make cuts and pay more in taxes..........can someone explain to me why no one else is pissed and how people like Forrest and friends can defend this.

I'm not saying redistribute wealth or any of the other lies that the rich spew........I'm saying just pay SOME FUCKING TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have enough lobbyists and money to buy Washington DC, you don't pay any taxes. It's the middle class that pays the taxes. The megga rich don't pay and the poor don't pay. In fact, 40% of the US population pays zero income tax. I say bag they whole system and just go with a national sales tax. Campaign donations from corporations should be illegal. Corporations don't vote. I think only individuals who vote should be able to donate to a campaign legally and then we should put a cap on how much you can donate. That would stop a lot of the problem but then a corrupt congress isn't going to vote their gravy train away.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Problem is the Supreme Court ruled that Corporations are now "people".

Nitro Express
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Problem is the Supreme Court ruled that Corporations are now "people".

That was regarding how much they can spend on campaign ads. That has nothing to do with the total campaign donations. But it goes to show you how stupid the Supreme Court is. Since when has a woman given birth to a whole corporation? Does a corporation have a birth certificate or a Social Security Number? It's physically impossible for a corporation to be a human being.

binnie
04-12-2011, 05:13 PM

My favourite line from the banks an businesses is 'if taxes are raised we'll move to a country where it is cheaper for us to trade'. I think that's bluff calling, to be honest.

A lot of the problems with these figures now, however, has to do with shareholders and share prices. A company can make a profit - a HUGE profit - but if that profit is lower than they estimated, share prices will drop. Consequently, you get the sitatution in which companies are making millions and millions and still laying people off to hit a target. Utterly ridiculous, in my opinion. The economy is not based on anything real.

Seshmeister
04-12-2011, 05:22 PM
My favourite line from the banks an businesses is 'if taxes are raised we'll move to a country where it is cheaper for us to trade'. I think that's bluff calling, to be honest.

Exactly.

Why don't the cunts go live in Somalia.

binnie
04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
They'd go somewhere in Asia, I think. Probably Hong Kong, China of India I imagine.

In the UK we definitely need the banks, as they are the only thing that really bring in money - however, I think their calls of 'regulate us and we'll leave' are a bluff.

As for business 'tax avoidance' I think it is immoral even though it's not illegal.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 05:35 PM

A lot of the problems with these figures now, however, has to do with shareholders and share prices. A company can make a profit - a HUGE profit - but if that profit is lower than they estimated, share prices will drop. Consequently, you get the sitatution in which companies are making millions and millions and still laying people off to hit a target. Utterly ridiculous, in my opinion. The economy is not based on anything real.

Yep, when a company doesn't "beat the street' they consider it a loss when in truth they still sold their product for a profit.......

Since most manufacturing companies have moved to regions where slave labor still exist and most have played the shell game of setting up off shore dummy corporations to funnel their profits in and avoid paying taxes........would we even know the difference if they left? They won't leave because GE, got 3 billion dollars this year in subsidies from the tax payers, why would you leave a country that let's you pay ZERO TAXES and gives you billions back every year.

Why is it that we know this and yet we allow these crooks to get away with it? This isn't conspiracy theory stuff, it's documented fact.

binnie
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
It just baffles me.

I managed a multi-million pound business for two years, part of a large record company chain in the UK. We missed profit projection one year, but not by much: I remember being incredulous as the regional manager informed me and the other managers that our £800,000 profit from a £3.2 million turnover was a 'small disaster' (it was £75,000 under the projection). I remember think 'a £75,000 loss would be a 'minor disaster', not a fucking profit. That's the culture once things get floated on the stock market.

kwame k
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM
People are under the illusion that the stock market runs the world.......it doesn't and every time the stock market goes on unregulated we get finical disaster for the average person.

The Great Depression, The Dot Com bubble and The Great Recession are prime examples why the stock market should be heavily regulated. period.

There is a ray of sunshine in all this........ Executive bonuses have reached an all time high and in case you were worried about the company that caused the oil spill in the Gulf......don't, they received a FUCKING SAFETY BONUS this year......

Transocean Ltd. gave its top executives bonuses for achieving the "best year in safety performance in our company's history" — despite the explosion of its oil rig that killed 11 people, including nine of its own employees, and spilled 200 million gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

The company said in a regulatory filing that its most senior managers were given two-thirds of their total possible safety bonus.

Transocean noted "the tragic loss of life" in the Gulf when the rig operated by BP PLC exploded last April. But it said the company still had an "exemplary" safety record because it met or exceeded certain internal safety targets concerning the frequency and severity of its accidents, according to the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday.

Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42393722/ns/business/)

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!