PDA

View Full Version : From the Office of the Majority Leader of the US House of Representatives

BigBadBrian
04-13-2011, 08:17 AM
LINK (http://majorityleader.house.gov/newsroom/2011/04/leader-cantor-statement-on-democrats-plans-to-raise-taxes.html)
Leader Cantor Statement on Democrats' Plans to Raise Taxes

WASHINGTON, D.C. – House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) today issued the following statement regarding Democrats’ plans to raise taxes:

“Yesterday, the President revealed his plan for how to address our out-of-control debt and deficit problem: raising taxes on families and small businesses. Not only is this the wrong move in the current economic environment, but it locks in the Democrats’ status-quo agenda to keep spending taxpayer dollars on big-government programs and overreach. Furthermore, it’s also a direct affront to the bipartisan tax deal that the President negotiated with us this winter that he has repeatedly credited for the economic uptick.

“We all agree that we need to address our fiscal crisis, but taxing families and business people is not the answer. We need to cut spending, address our insolvent entitlements programs and tighten our belt by doing more with less as Republicans propose in our budget. Americans don’t want their taxes raised, they want Washington to get its fiscal house in order, and I call on President Obama, Leader Reid, and Leader Pelosi to follow our lead in cutting spending and rule out raising taxes in our current economy.”

Nitro Express
04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
OBAMA=One Big Ass Mistake America.

BigBadBrian
04-16-2011, 06:51 AM
OBAMA=One Big Ass Mistake America.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpuX4p-hwctRh_Lx3ztH5DqhsgwyzykOn7vEHDUsrYXNi8usbMWA&t=1

knuckleboner
04-16-2011, 10:06 AM
it warms my heart to see that eric cantor finally recognizes that big spending is bad. after he supported all of george bush's spending explosions, and after he supported getting rid of the clinton budget surpluses and returning us to deficits, i thought maybe he had no fiscal responsibility. but obviously, now that we have a democratic president, he's learned.

BigBadBrian
04-17-2011, 08:38 AM
it warms my heart to see that eric cantor finally recognizes that big spending is bad. after he supported all of george bush's spending explosions, and after he supported getting rid of the clinton budget surpluses and returning us to deficits, i thought maybe he had no fiscal responsibility. but obviously, now that we have a democratic president, he's learned.

At least he's learned. Now if only the left would do the same!

knuckleboner
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
At least he's learned. Now if only the left would do the same!

if it's real, i appreciate it. but i'm not so sure it's real. after all, the republican budget allows for an extension of the bush tax cuts WITHOUT regard to their impact on the deficit.

i'm not saying extending the bush tax cuts are bad. but if they add to the deficit, well, is attacking medicare and medicaid the only way to pay for them?

BigBadBrian
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
but if they add to the deficit, well, is attacking medicare and medicaid the only way to pay for them?

There are currently six income tax brackets (10%, 15%, 25%, 28%, 33%, and 35%).

Raising the tax levels on the bottom four brackets would provide 4 times the revenue than repealing the tax cuts on the top two, according to the CBO.

Why shouldn't middle and lower income Americans (currently not paying any federal income tax) be required to "invest" in their government?

Seshmeister
04-18-2011, 09:20 AM
...raising taxes on families...

Notice the language - 'families'.

The Hiltons are a family. Donald Trump has a family. Meaningless bullshit.