X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • little_dreamer
    Full On Cocktard
    • Apr 2011

Hi, everyone!

Yep. First post, figured I should introduce myself.
    The name's Beth, but I'll answer to just about everything. 17 years old, but should have been born thirty years ago so that I could actually stand a chance of seeing decent bands in concert still (Bon Scott-era AC/DC springs immediately to mind, as do Led Zeppelin). As gay as they come, a lifetime admirer of Van Halen and DLR, and a huge music enthusiast. I don't think I could live without my iPod and my Dad's vinyl collection. I also read a lot - mostly music biographies like Tommyland, The Dirt, Crazy From The Heat, SLASH, etc. etc. - and I write myself, although not very well and not to the point that I'd share shit here
    I think that's all. Just a howdy, really.
    I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut.
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army!

Hi little_dreamer! It is my pleasure to be the first JACKASS to welcome you to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! IN ROTH WE TRUST.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Welcome aboard... always cool to see the youngins taking a liking to the Might Van Halen!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• little_dreamer
        Full On Cocktard
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
        always cool to see the youngins taking a liking to the Might Van Halen!
        Ah, I couldn't help it. I was brought up on stuff like this, and the first time I heard Jump, I was a hopeless case. Converted for life. IN ROTH WE TRUST. <3

and @Serge's Little Helper: thanks for the welcome.
        I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Welcome!

How many other folks your age have similar music tastes?
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

After reading the initial post very carefully, then reading Binnie's sig, made me laugh just a little bit......

Comment

• little_dreamer
              Full On Cocktard
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by binnie
              How many other folks your age have similar music tastes?
              Very few, unfortunately - they all seem to be R&B and pop-fans at my school. Still, I have awesome friends whose music tastes are very similar to my own - old skool classic GN'R, AC/DC, Led Zep, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Aerosmith... etc. etc.

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              After reading the initial post very carefully, then reading Binnie's sig, made me laugh just a little bit......
              You and me both!

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Welcome.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                  Oh. I might be a little embarrassed right now.
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• little_dreamer
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by binnie
                    Oh. I might be a little embarrassed right now.
                    LOL don't be. We all have a sense of humour.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Holy shit. Whatta we have here? An Alice Van Halen avatar!?

A Roth Army first!

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Hmmm, she registers for the site and the her first order of business is to steal a webbie's signature....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by little_dreamer
                          Ah, I couldn't help it......the first time I heard Jump, I was a hopeless case. Converted for life. IN ROTH WE TRUST. <3

Imagine the impact on the youth of America when that song & music video first hit MTV. WOW. I saw it when the video premiered and I was 12. WTF am I seeing? Was incredible. Then Panama video knocked me off my feet.

Welcome. Never too late to be a Van Halen fan......and lucky you, you get to be around for the new album & tour and will be old enough to go. WOOT!

Great user name by the way. One of the best VH songs. Have fun and don't let the angry folks get ya down..........(stay out of the Front Line forums )
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Imagine the impact on the youth of America when that song & music video first hit MTV. WOW. I saw it when the video premiered and I was 12. WTF am I seeing? Was incredible. Then Panama video knocked me off my feet.
                            Ditto on that... I was 10 seeing Jump for the first time and thought these guys are the coolest motherfuckers on the planet!!! The Panama video still gets me pumped... they just don't make 'em like they used to!
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

One of the Best Tunes you bet. Welcome!
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...