Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oil Speculators Gaming Palace

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Whew. When I first saw your thread Ford, I thought it was spam & someone had hacked your account.

If anyone feels like reading a little more in-depth........

‘Enron loophole’ enables oil speculation

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

As if anyone would be surprised, Exxon today announced income of 11 billion dollars in just the first 3 months of this year.

Up SIXTY-NINE PERCENT over a year ago:

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        As if anyone would be surprised, Exxon today announced income of 11 billion dollars in just the first 3 months of this year.

Up SIXTY-NINE PERCENT over a year ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110428/...us_earns_exxon

But I also heard reports that of the $11 Billion, only $0.03 cents per dollar were from actual gasoline sales. If true, sounds a lot like auto insurance companies. They actually pay out like $1.03 for every $1 they bring in with premiums. It's just they the amounts of money they are moving are so massive that it is invested everywhere and making money.

Would be really interested to see a detailed chart or graph showing how & where their income is derived. Did they sell off any properties or well claims?

Just can't immediately blame it all on greedy fuckers charging us $4.30 per gallon to line their pockets.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...